Thread: Hello everyone. page

JimboRock is offline Junior Member

Hello everyone.

Shop Now
    Hello fellow primates,

I am a 37 year old male. I am an executive chef and I have been Paleo/Primal since June 2012. I have lost 40lbs and dropped my waist size from a 36 to a 31. I did this all from cutting out legumes, dairy and grains. I won't lie, I have had some dairy (cheese) and have eaten some bread (I am a chef so I have to taste). I ride my bike to work about 3 times a week (I live 8 miles away from work) and do minimal exercise. I can honestly say adopting this Paleo/Primal lifestyle has been the best choice I have ever made for myself. I feel great but my family, friends and co-workers all say I am "too skinny". My height is 5'11" and I weigh 137lbs. My blood work is the best it has ever been and my doctor says that I am at a "normal weight for my height". I can see I need to gain some muscle but I have never been into "working out". What can I do? Any suggestions? Thanks for listening.

JimboRock

kndge9584 is offline Junior Member
    hello everyone how are you i am new for this sites please join me

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    hey - search this forum for body weight exercises.

Good story about paleo, amazed you can be a chef and keep away from sugar - good luck with the rest of the transformation.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Jimborock - welcome. Please please please post some recipes !!!!!
    good luck with your quest.
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

hairreplace is offline Junior Member
    Hi jimbo rock, you not define your real name, but your define your work schedule and exercise. I like your info.

Thank you,

It is challenging being a chef and being paleo. At first I said to myself "How am I going to do this?" I just remained focused and disciplined. All my hard work has paid off but I still have a lot to accomplish. Baby steps. Thanks for the feedback. It feels really good to belong to a supportive community.

Will do. I love sharing my passion for food.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jimbo, welcome
    When to gain some muscle I would start with Dr Doug McGuff's Body by Science. Weight training training will be the most efficient. Start with the Big 5 exercises, and yeah, you only need to lift once every 7-10 days if you make the workout hard enough. The videos in the link will demonstrate. I personally prefer free weights were possible and believe the systemic affect is greater than for machines. The advantage with machines is the shorter learning curve and will give you a good strength foundation. With free weights you need to learn to do the lifts properly.
    VIDEOS
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?