Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primally neglected veggies... page 4

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    veggies be optional in my view.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Seaweeds. I am just at the tip of the iceberg with this one. The whole family really loves those rectangular toasted nori sheets spiced with toasted sesame oil/salt/sometimes red pepper just out of hand. We put a tsp of dried, cut wakame into piping hot bouillon, watch it uncurl, and eat. Seaweed salad is a huge favorite with four (of the six) of us. And there is a spice sprinkle we like called Nori Komi Furikake, which is sesame seeds, nori, salt.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Seaweeds. I am just at the tip of the iceberg with this one. The whole family really loves those rectangular toasted nori sheets spiced with toasted sesame oil/salt/sometimes red pepper just out of hand. We put a tsp of dried, cut wakame into piping hot bouillon, watch it uncurl, and eat. Seaweed salad is a huge favorite with four (of the six) of us. And there is a spice sprinkle we like called Nori Komi Furikake, which is sesame seeds, nori, salt.
    Funny. I add half a sheet on Nori to my miso soup in the morning.

I will have to try Nori Komi Furikake.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Funny. I add half a sheet on Nori to my miso soup in the morning.

I will have to try Nori Komi Furikake.
    I've tried crumbling nori sheets on my salad and such....never tastes any good. Maybe I just have a bad sort of unflavored sheet. Dunno. I absolutely love seaweed salad when we go for sushi though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234