Thread: Sore achy legs all the time? page

Michelle83 is offline Junior Member

Sore achy legs all the time?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I'm brand new here and recently read this article on the site:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...=newthread&f=6

For the two years or so, I've been dealing with this problem of very sore, achy legs all the time. I'm fine during my workouts (first thing in the morning), but then pretty much have to sit and not walk for 3-4 hours to finally start to feel 'good' again.

And, even in the evenings say, if I go out to run errands and am walking for 10 minutes or longer, my legs just start to feel sort of achy. It's hard to explain but they just feel inflammed and swollen (and I find they look less lean and defined the more activity I do - if I sit all day long, I'm looking leaner than ever!).

I've been doing chronic cardio for as long as I can remember...it's been a bad addiction that I'm realizing I have to get past. I'm pretty sedentary the rest of the day, so mentally it's hard for me. I felt like doing some cardio first thing every day for 30-40 minutes would help make up for the fact I sit all day long (office job). I feel so lazy without some form of activity, but now I'm realizing it's doing me more harm than good.

So my question is whether anyone has experienced anything like this before and how long it took to get better? I'm just so tired of feeling this ache whenever I do everyday activities. It's to the point where I avoid a lot of things because I know my legs are going to be so sore.

Also, is there anything on top of taking time off cardio I should do?

Diet wise I'm fairly good, although know I've been chronically undereating as well, so that's definitely something contributing and that I need to work on. I do eat oats still (not full primal) as I find that if I'm only getting carbs from fruits/veggies, the problem gets much, much worse. Not sure why this would be?

I'd love to cut out all carbs except those two entirely, but it feels like my body reacts very poorly when I do.

Any advice would be great.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Hi Michelle, the link to the article you posted was broken, could you repost so we have some context?

Also, good for you for making the switch from Cronic Cardio to a more healthy sustainable way of exercising!

Yesterday my legs were aching on and off throughout the day, and more so in the evening (I'd done high intensity sprint training earlier in the day) and I took 200 mg potassium and 400 mg of magnesium last night (for other reasons) and within a short while, the aching in my legs went away.

I've often heard from my runner friend that magnesium helps with muscle cramps and pains. Perhaps you might try supplementing with magnesium & potassium to see if it helps, and make sure you're getting enough salt.

Michelle83 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the reply! Oh that was my mistake, it was the article on inflammation and how chronic cardio can relate back to this. Just got me realizing that I am suffering from this.

I'll try the potassium and magnesium though. It's worth a try. It's not really sore muscles like after I've done a hard weight workout and I'm tender, but more like chronic dull ache and the feeling like I need to sit down and rest. Sort of like if I had just walked for 3 hours straight, even though I've walked for 10 minutes. Then they start getting puffy and swollen a bit as well.

I think I'm okay for salt, but could be low on magnesium especially so I'l give that a try.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lissee View Post
    Hi Michelle, the link to the article you posted was broken, could you repost so we have some context?

Also, good for you for making the switch from Cronic Cardio to a more healthy sustainable way of exercising!

Yesterday my legs were aching on and off throughout the day, and more so in the evening (I'd done high intensity sprint training earlier in the day) and I took 200 mg potassium and 400 mg of magnesium last night (for other reasons) and within a short while, the aching in my legs went away.

I've often heard from my runner friend that magnesium helps with muscle cramps and pains. Perhaps you might try supplementing with magnesium & potassium to see if it helps, and make sure you're getting enough salt.
    I totally agree with this advice. I have been suffering from restless legs, slightly different from your issue, but nevertheless - similar....and potassium and magnesium works wonders for me
    good luck
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....