Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt pork?? page 2

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    This thread inspired me to get some salt pork and try it out today. A bit salty on its own, obviously, but I can definitely see myself throwing it in all sorts of recipes. Thanks guys!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I used it to make a kind of carbonara sauce. I can't find the recipe I used, but it involved first dicing then cooking the salt pork, then adding a can of diced tomatoes to the pork and fat. There were probably some spices or garlic, maybe some vegetables. I can't remember. I forget what I served it over, probably pasta for him and sweet potatoes for me. My fat-phobic man loved it. I didn't tell him what was in it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Salt pork experiment: Diced and fried some up and mixed it with ground beef for some burgers. OMG it was awesome!

pjgh is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you're carb happy, try frying off some plantain until it's just turning that brown colour, mash it up and stir in a load of pulled pork. Form it a bowl and turn it out onto a plate. Pour a hot sauce around it and have fun.

It's known as Mofongo in Puerto Rico.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12