Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cocoa's Corner: Forum Version page 4

CocoaNut is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post
    Where do you live that you have access to all this natural, good food. I'm sincerely jealous. I want homemade butter on my bre....wait, can't have that. Curse it! What am I supposed to put awesome butter on now?

I saw you posting on another newbie's journal and I thought I'd stop by, say that it was classy of you, and let you know that I'm looking forward to your posts.

Did that, now I'm off to explore the rest of the journals. This is my favorite part of the forums: meeting and even conversing with awesome health-minded people.
    I made the homemade butter. It's not that difficult, just whip some cream into whipped cream and keep whipping it until it breaks down into butter and buttermilk. Like in this video, but I actually make it in small batches and skip the washing step (I don't get much buttermilk in it, but I do get some). I prefer it that way.

Thanks for stopping by.

Updating the journal

I've hit a bit of a snag with my breakfast (and dinner) plans. I'm working with it as best as I can, and the fact that I have plenty of chicken helps, but it's still caused me some stress.

Speaking of chicken, I just disassembled one, but I have far too much chicken broth and no idea for what for what to use it aside from drinking it. I'm already using it with all the chicken I eat aside from the breasts.

There's just... a lot of the stuff.
    Last edited by CocoaNut; 10-22-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    See my progress at Cocoa's Corner.

Or check out my journal thread here.

If I accidently make you a brony or convert you to Taoism, well... you shouldn't have talked to me if you didn't want that to happen.

So I was given a lesson in just how ignorant my mother is in regards to nutrition and body composition measures. Today, while we were making dinner, I saw that she had gotten out an old container of Lay's French Onion dip to eat with celery just before we got on the scale because it was "low in carbs." I pointed out all the problems with the dip before tossing it. Turns out, she had been eating it just before we did our body composition measurements.

Still, her body composition measurements are suspect (you're not supposed to take them just after eating) and she really needs to understand that low in carbs =/= healthy.

If I accidently make you a brony or convert you to Taoism, well... you shouldn't have talked to me if you didn't want that to happen.

Still eating as before, I got some arrowroot powder to thicken stuff.

I've run into a problem, though. It's... complicated, but long story short is that my morning sausage is in peril because of a lack of pork. I'm going to have to take a break from it for a week or so, I think, which frustrates me. Furthermore, the dinners I had planned that require pork (two of them) are unavailable (they actually have been because I've been short on pork, but not out of it... and this delay means I won't have the necessary amount for a week at least).

Oh, and today, in my Nutrition class, I had to watch and comment on Super Size Me.

I'm pretty sure my discussion post was the longest, and the only one that dealt with the flaws. I hope my hyper-low fat professor might get a bit of knowledge from it (I also invoked Fat Head).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So aside from maybe getting in a good supply of meat tomorrow and next week (beef and pork, respectively, both of which should have been available to me last week), not much has changed, which is why I didn't update... also I've been busy obsessing about the election.

So I'm updating today because I just found out that, in addition to her drinking, my mother has been non-primally snacking on quite a few things... and using artificial sweetener in her coffee (of which she drinks quite a bit).

I am so frustrated with her right now. I'm doing my best to make sure she's healthy and losing weight, and it's like she's doing her best to sabotage me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234