Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uhm....NAAN! page 3

vdm86 is offline Junior Member
    Yay! Try them as pancakes next. Or rather, don't. It's a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by abraka8 View Post
    Just made these for dinner and they were a unanimous crowd pleaser. The 3 year old ate hers and tried to steal mine Thanks for an amazing recipe! We will definitely be making these again!

TanyaV is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to give you props for the great recipe! This was fantastic! I tweaked it a bit and made gyro meat to fill them with. I blogged about it and linked to your post here on MDA Here's a pic of the final product:

IMG_3309-1024x768.jpg
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

abraka8 is offline Member
    Update: We tried pizza from this recipe last night. Before our dietary shift, the hubs and I made pizza from scratch about once a week. It was delicious, and though we made a meatza once, we haven't bothered with any other dough substitutions because we didn't think they would be good enough. Well, I made this recipe with the only change being that I added oregano to the mix. It made three adult size personal pizzas and one toddler size We topped them with sauce made from our own roasted and frozen tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and a good quality creepy-chemical-free pepperoni. Success! Pizza night is back! Thank you so much! We simply topped these and slid them on our pizza stone and baked as usual. They were light and crispy. We have really enjoyed this recipe and thank you for sharing it!ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1382805759.865361.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaV View Post
    Just wanted to give you props for the great recipe! This was fantastic! I tweaked it a bit and made gyro meat to fill them with. I blogged about it and linked to your post here on MDA Here's a pic of the final product:

IMG_3309-1024x768.jpg
    Aww. thanks! I love your blog. I feel honored!

Quote Originally Posted by abraka8 View Post
    Update: We tried pizza from this recipe last night. Before our dietary shift, the hubs and I made pizza from scratch about once a week... Success! Pizza night is back! Thank you so much! We simply topped these and slid them on our pizza stone and baked as usual. They were light and crispy. We have really enjoyed this recipe and thank you for sharing it!ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1382805759.865361.jpg

Yay! I'm glad they worked as pizzas for you. Tapioca has become my flour of choice lately. If you're ever feeling adventurous with pizza again, you can try my chicken/tapioca crust. It is my husband's favorite. Thanks so much for your kind words!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Can I substitute coconut flour for rice flour or potato starch? For one tbsp is just not worth buying it, and if I grind coconut in a coffee grinder it won't be as fine as it should be (and it sticks together).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Can I substitute coconut flour for rice flour or potato starch? For one tbsp is just not worth buying it, and if I grind coconut in a coffee grinder it won't be as fine as it should be (and it sticks together).
    Commercial coconut flour is made from coconut that has had much of the oil pressed out of it. That is why it is dry and like flour.

justme is offline Senior Member
    Don't murder me for asking. Has anyone made these successfully without the dairy? Or am I just dreaming?

I wish that we could tolerate it

um.....wow........grokhness monstah would usually rather eat the disease promoting grains once in a while to have naan and pizza crust....but this....THIS might just make it into the next curry dish's menu......it looks fantastic!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think the yogurt could be easily replaced with some thick coconut milk (top of the can). Maybe try subbing out the parmesan with a bit of almond flour? I don't know how well it would work, but if I were subbing things out, that's what I'd try.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Don't murder me for asking. Has anyone made these successfully without the dairy? Or am I just dreaming?

I wish that we could tolerate it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast