Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Football primal? page

kenn is offline Senior Member

Is Football primal?

Primal Fuel
    I'm watching (prolly not primal) college football today and was wondering if it was primal. I'll acquiesce that te padding isn't.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Who cares... if I have to use my entire 20% to watch football I will it helps if you eat chicken wings while watching. That's what I will be doing tomorrow (NFL kinda girl)
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Real Futbol is...:-) as is Rugby!!!!
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yes, because sport is inherently.

and, the sport existed before the current padding, and padding has been used for a vary long time for people (like, shields).

wiltondeportes Guest
    It's the best team sport that I know of. I like football, MMA, golf, and beach volleyball.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 10-06-2012 at 06:50 PM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I don't care.

I love my football.

You will not take it away.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 10-06-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    I've wondered this before I heard of primal diet. There were just over 100 students in my high school. The teams we play were the same size. Our high school student body was kind of a tribe. The boys were expected to play even if they didn't care for the game. It think it had to do with the physical nature of the game because expectation didn't apply to basketball or track.

Some of the sayings and cheers were along the lines of "we have to win this game for the school's honor." Now as a parent it think its a stupid sport given the injury rate. If someone tried to institute football today, knowing the injury rate, parents and insurance companies would fight it
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    I've wondered this before I heard of primal diet. There were just over 100 students in my high school. The teams we play were the same size. Our high school student body was kind of a tribe. The boys were expected to play even if they didn't care for the game. It think it had to do with the physical nature of the game because expectation didn't apply to basketball or track.

Some of the sayings and cheers were along the lines of "we have to win this game for the school's honor." Now as a parent it think its a stupid sport given the injury rate. If someone tried to institute football today, knowing the injury rate, parents and insurance companies would fight it
    Life has an injury rate. Men need violence... The question is if it will be sanctioned and under control or random and out of control.

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    I'd say it depends who you're rooting for lol

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    With football (in a small school, anyway) you two tribes battling it out for their school. The boys that are injured are expected to play though those injuries. Not much thought is given to whether that injury could be life long without proper rehabs.

The girls spend a lot of effort making signs to support thier boys and to cheers them on. In a small school, the boys that don't play football are outcastes who are thought of as not carrying about their school. The boys who don't play are second class students. Understand that in small schools well over half the school's boys can be on the team.

None of this is receprocated anywhere near as much with other sports. The less physical the boy's sport the less prestige that sport has.
    Last edited by Scott F; 10-06-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast