Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 99

james2pro is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My gout started in my mid-30s which was also around the time I first did Atkins. I've also tried Protein Power and Dukan. I've been gout free for three months working with a Paleo nutritionist from Rob Sisson's site. She said that potato peels have anti-nutrients and to discard those. I think that I'm definitely an under excretor of uric acid and believe Ian King has a good theory of the need to avoid fructose while keeping the meat in the diet. I'm 280 at 6 foot. I've lost inches but little weight and have been at or above this weight for 10 years, even when doing no carb and 1200 calories a day. No tinges of gout for you with all that starch?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by james2pro View Post
    No tinges of gout for you with all that starch?
    Not even a hint! I normally do low carb primal, took a break this summer and ate higher carb primal, mostly added fruit. Put on a few pounds, which was OK, then lost it with potatoes.

The only time I had a hunt of gout in past few years was when I would eat something, chocolate covered coffee beans, for instance that I later found were packed with HFCS. I routinely eat over a pound of liver in a meal, eat liver at least twice a week, sardines and oysters every day. When I was having gout, my uric acid was just above ref range (like 9, I think). Now it is still high, like 8, but within the ref range.

james2pro is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, that should have been Robb Wolf.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Lol... yes! I have to agree that 'moar' is a stupid word, but whatever... was awesome that she misspelled a word!!

Anyways... I came here because I am wondering how people are doing post-potato diet? I know you guys have posted that you hadn't gained back weight afterwards... is that still the case? I am in a major food funk after being VLC for months. I am making primal cookies and popcorn and nothing sounds good and I'm thinking about giving the potato diet a try to get me out of it. I'm sure a week of potatoes will have me craving meat and veggies again.

Any backlash post potato diet???
    Not for me. I have been a week prinal again and kept off all the weight

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james2pro View Post
    My gout started in my mid-30s which was also around the time I first did Atkins. I've also tried Protein Power and Dukan. I've been gout free for three months working with a Paleo nutritionist from Rob Sisson's site. She said that potato peels have anti-nutrients and to discard those. I think that I'm definitely an under excretor of uric acid and believe Ian King has a good theory of the need to avoid fructose while keeping the meat in the diet. I'm 280 at 6 foot. I've lost inches but little weight and have been at or above this weight for 10 years, even when doing no carb and 1200 calories a day. No tinges of gout for you with all that starch?
    interesting in the paleo nutritionist's take on high protein if you have gout.

I'm back on the taters again.

Last time a full weekof primal with dairy and I didn't put any back on. Yay!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    I'm back on the taters again.

Last time a full weekof primal with dairy and I didn't put any back on. Yay!
    You should try the 20 pounds-til-gone method that tatertot did in his recent post.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    You should try the 20 pounds-til-gone method that tatertot did in his recent post.
    Oooh - where do I find that?

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    Oooh - where do I find that?
    again? You must have discipline! Good luck, interested to see if you have the same steady weight loss.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lambchop, me too started again today, last 10 days have been a bit of a free for all with food and beer, 0.5 kg weight gain after the loss from PD, I can live with that..... anyway last 5kgs to go hopes to knock over 1/2 of that this time round and eat a bit more sensible when I come off the spuds this time round
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast