Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 95

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    30 Potatoes A Day!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Did you guys see that Nikoley over at FTA is doing this?
    I'll check it out, to see their views. Thanks

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I figured out a way to not alarm the family about all potato eating by saying that I want to try eating potato dinners for a couple of weeks to see if it improves sleep. I am integrating starches a bit more now, but I test drove an all potato breakfast this morning, with 4 small potatoes, pureed with water dill and salt and I was hungry within an hour. I did have a cup of non fat quark with it, but still. I am not feeling confident that I will keep full without going very high on calories.

I dunno. I just don't know what to do at this moment, so I am staying with where I am right now, which is not the happiest place.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    I had some gas the first day or so. I read in the thread that peeling the potatoes helps. It did for me. I went 7 full days and lost 8+ lbs. I'll do it again if I ever need to break a plateau or just quickly take off some pounds.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    but I test drove an all potato breakfast this morning, with 4 small potatoes, pureed with water dill and salt and I was hungry within an hour.
    Pureed as in like a smoothie or something? I dont know how well I would do with that either. And i know it shouldnt be any different than eating it.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sorry, I should have used the word 'mushed'. ESL issues.

Sorry, I should have used the word 'mushed'. ESL issues.
    okay mushed. I like mine mushed up with a little bone broth. My bone broth is thiiiiick. So it might stray too far off the tator protocol, I don't know, but I like it

otzi Guest
    I dunno. I just don't know what to do at this moment, so I am staying with where I am right now, which is not the happiest place.
    I can sense your sadness in this post. Forget about the potato diet and do something crazy for the holidays like skydiving or running a marathon. Get your mind off your eating and what your family thinks...show them you are REALLY crazy by doing something REALLY cool. When do the ski slopes open there? Take up snowboarding and do a 360 double-back flip or something.

which is not the happiest place.
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I can sense your sadness in this post.
    I read that too, but in conjuction with our convo on the ketosis thread. Not everything works for everyone. And I always hated it when ppl would say that, that you have to find what works for you. I just wanted someone to tell me what I need to do. And then when I read what others were doing, I thought it should work that exact same way for me, and then would be very unhappy or disappointed when I did not have the same results.

Keto is not for me. Though maybe some days I might dip in and not even know it. Other days my carbs are so high they are in the insidious weight gain part of the curve, and yet I can still lose weight. But the shake up is what has worked for me. It is what started my weight loss. And it is what has given it back to me. That means no one thing. It's not high carb, it's not low carb, it's not high fat, it's not low fat. Just a combo of all the above. I just try to keep my calories in check, and some days they are on the low end and some days they are on the high end.

And while I think I need to work on the carbs & calories - the high low days in correlation to my exercise, I am in a much happier place now that I am just eating w/o regard to trying to stay in one class or the other. What I mean is, I don't have to try to stay in ketosis or something. I dont have to try to fast. I dont have to try to eat all tators. And I know that is what everyone says, just eat good primal foods. But then you start to head down these other paths of fine-tuning, we get clouded of our original goals.

Ok, I am yakking but my point is, don't get down on yourself because you don't fit the mold of one way or the other. It is not an all or nothing kind of game. And that is a hard one for me also. I like to know exactly what I am suppose to do, but I have learned it is okay to allow for some variables That just because it works for some, it may not work for me, and I dont have to feel bad about it or think there is something wrong with me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can sense your sadness in this post. Forget about the potato diet and do something crazy for the holidays like skydiving or running a marathon. Get your mind off your eating and what your family thinks...show them you are REALLY crazy by doing something REALLY cool. When do the ski slopes open there? Take up snowboarding and do a 360 double-back flip or something.
    We are going to Cuba. I shudder to think about how I am going to look like on the pictures. Ski hills opened already, but I won't go if they paid me a million dollars. I am scared of going down a tiny hill on a sleigh with my daughter, lol. Never liked speed. I am just eating for now.

Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast