Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 94

Shalimar is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Two questions for those who have been on this potato feast:

Have you had gas? After three days, I thought the dog was under my chair...and he's been gone for months!

Those who have lost a good deal of weight, did you start with your weight in the obese range, or did you work off those last ten pounds?
    "...forever wild..."
    Baxter State Park

55 years old, 5'4"
    1/1/11 weight: 172 and grumpy
    Lost 7 lbs on calories in, calories out
    Went paleo/primal 1/1/12
    Current weight: 144 and happy
    Goal weight is 130 more or less

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    Two questions for those who have been on this potato feast:

Have you had gas? After three days, I thought the dog was under my chair...and he's been gone for months!

Those who have lost a good deal of weight, did you start with your weight in the obese range, or did you work off those last ten pounds?
    I need to lose between 15 and 25 pounds, depending how you choose your 'ideal' weight.

No gas really. I am worst with cruciferous vegetables and onions so my body seems to like the break!

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    I stuck out the 2 days that I counted on, then went out and bought more taters to resume the experiment , interrupted by a cheese omelette for breakfast. I'm debating whether to eat taters for dinner (supper) and keep going just to see what happens. But I am reacting badly to weather changes and haven't slept properly for 2 nights. Sure hope it's only fibromyalgia, and not blood sugar crashes. I am down a couple pounds, which is neither here or there, but I'm enjoying being at almost my lowest weight (other than 5 minutes 4 years ago) in 35 years. And I'm still plenty obese, but if this breaks my loooooong stall, I'll be happy. If it kills me, I won't finish this experiment. Heheh

Mayanway is offline Junior Member
    I am rather curious about this, based on my experiences with varying diets available while doing field research. I spent most of my summers in college and grad school out in the field and always lost some weight - the very primal friendly lifestyle of camping, waking up with the sun and being active all day long was no doubt largely responsible for this. However, the most dramatic change was in the shortest project I was involved with, which happened to be in Peru. My diet there consisted mostly of primal-friendly starches: white rice, yuca and plantains, with small portions of meat or fish stew that lent some flavor but not much substance. I felt like I was eating tremendous amounts of food, but had dropped 11 lbs (and a pant size) when I returned to the states after 3 weeks. Not quite the same as what's described here, but it does make you wonder.

Sweet potatoes are on sale at $1/4 lbs at my local grocery store, hmm...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Did you guys see that Nikoley over at FTA is doing this?

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    30 Potatoes A Day!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Did you guys see that Nikoley over at FTA is doing this?
    I'll check it out, to see their views. Thanks

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I figured out a way to not alarm the family about all potato eating by saying that I want to try eating potato dinners for a couple of weeks to see if it improves sleep. I am integrating starches a bit more now, but I test drove an all potato breakfast this morning, with 4 small potatoes, pureed with water dill and salt and I was hungry within an hour. I did have a cup of non fat quark with it, but still. I am not feeling confident that I will keep full without going very high on calories.

I dunno. I just don't know what to do at this moment, so I am staying with where I am right now, which is not the happiest place.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    I had some gas the first day or so. I read in the thread that peeling the potatoes helps. It did for me. I went 7 full days and lost 8+ lbs. I'll do it again if I ever need to break a plateau or just quickly take off some pounds.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    but I test drove an all potato breakfast this morning, with 4 small potatoes, pureed with water dill and salt and I was hungry within an hour.
    Pureed as in like a smoothie or something? I dont know how well I would do with that either. And i know it shouldnt be any different than eating it.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast