Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 92

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Just typing outloud... I have been debating doing tators or just fasting this week. DH is out of town so it would be a great time to not cook and have a clean kitchen all week
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    I must admit I found that video mind-numbing.

That guy could package his presentations for insomnia treatmentzzzzzzzzzz..

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    another 3 lb gone....

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    I must admit I found that video mind-numbing.

That guy could package his presentations for insomnia treatmentzzzzzzzzzz..
    It's a psychological ploy! The more boring the presentation the more intellectual the presenter must be right! Nah, just playing. i haven't watched it yet, but when I got an hour to burn I plan to.

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Lost redirect <-CarbSane link
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    another 3 lb gone....
    Hey well done LC. I lost about 4lb in my 4 days but had to stop because I was ill from a bug. Are you doing intermittent spuds or all the time?

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrrrl View Post
    Hey well done LC. I lost about 4lb in my 4 days but had to stop because I was ill from a bug. Are you doing intermittent spuds or all the time?
    Thanks.

All the time. Twice I have been on the brink of quitting so I had a greasy rosti with spices. The fat was enough variety to allow me to keep going, so minor deviations rather than ditching it. Works well!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Still reading through this thread, but just want tommention that I hope you guys are eating organic potatoes!! Root vegetables are among the worst to buy non-organic. Farmer's admit they'd never eat their own non-organic grown potatoes!

"Root vegetables absorb herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides that wind up in soil. In the case of potatoes--the nation's most popular vegetable--they're treated with fungicides during the growing season, then sprayed with herbicides to kill off the fibrous vines before harvesting. After they're dug up, the potatoes are treated yet again to prevent them from sprouting."

Read more: 7 Foods You Should Never Eat | Fox News

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    "Try this experiment: Buy a conventional potato in a store, and try to get it to sprout. It won't,"

Yet each time I prepare some spuds I have to remove a few sprouty bits?

AC

MrZZeroG is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    People around here get excited about novel ways to improve our health naturally. You should see what happened when I borrowed a lot of info from Ray's site on Cold Thermogenesis! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50560.html

Go to pages 11 and 17 and note the comments by Mr. ZzzzeroG. That's what I hoped would happen here.

When I started this thread, I figured people would say it was all BS and not give it a second thought. That's one of the reasons I didn't start right off with "....Ray Cronise says eat potatoes and lose weight." I figured if people took a liking to it, then we could give credit where credit's due. Done and done.
    My Goodness...

as they'd say down south, "Y'all give Otzi a break."

There is actually MUCH more to this than the "potato diet." That just happens to be a fun food that seems to fly in the face of the "bad carb" crowd. Anyone that's read much of my stuff knows I don't believe in "protein, carb and fat - speak."

It's great to see the success repeated. I just wanted everyone to know that "otzi" didn't intend on stealing anything and in fact sent a link soon after posting here.

oh, and I'm not a vegan, paleo, or any other such label. Just a scientist with a mid-life crisis calorimeter and an incredible drive to hack and understand.

I hope to have a little more time to hang out in the future, but just wanted everyone to ease up a little. If you are concerned about me "not getting credit" for something, you can always fill out some data sheets - I love crunching through data and the best part of these "N of 1" experiments is that everyone is at least eating the same thing...

Thanks!

Ray

Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast