Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 89

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Im Losing It View Post
    You missed my point. You called yourself "Meatgrrrl" on this forum for a reason.
    You shouldn't read too much into usernames. I did that because the one I wanted was taken.

You would not have been caught dead doing a potato diet unless someone had done a ton of work to convince you that it was anything but Vegan nonsense. So even if you had read that post in 2006, you would have laughed at it.
    Are you my ex husband? Not that he knew me either, but my point is, don't claim to speak for me. You don't know me.

Having been a vegetarian, a meat eater, a fish eater through different times in my life, I'm afraid your assumptions are ever so slightly wrong, but thanks for playing. I've followed all sorts of odd and cuckoo diets in my life to see what happens. Now the banana diet... that was something.

It was only Cronise's research that convinced Otzi to try it and launch this thread (though Cronise was asking people not to, as he wasn't through researching it) -- but why he decided to steal Cronise's work without attribution is beyond me.

By the way, anyone who wants to read a ton of great give and take with Cronise re: this diet, go here (free registration required) :

Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn

And consider donating (and here comes tatertot again saying I'm Cronise), because he is spending a ton on equipment...and because, as the guy who's actually figuring out the innovations that are helping fat people get thin fast (for apparently the first time in their lives), he deserves it.
    Do you troll for a living or is it something you do in your spare time? Do you remember the teacher in Charlie Brown cartoons who made that noise like they were talking but all Charlie heard was 'blah blah blah blah'....
    Well I'm reminded of that by you.
    You're not Ray. He's far, far nicer.
    Last edited by Meatgrrrl; 11-07-2012 at 07:54 PM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Has this posted yet?
    Safe Starches: Are they Essential to an Ancestral Diet? — 2nd annual Ancestral Health Symposium 2012 (AHS12). on Vimeo

I got the link from here
    VIDEO: My ‘Safe Starches’ Panel At #AHS12 Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog

PHD dude has been telling ppl for awhile now to eat safe starches for weight loss (I know this link has been posted before because I have posted it)
    Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Has this posted yet?
    Safe Starches: Are they Essential to an Ancestral Diet? — 2nd annual Ancestral Health Symposium 2012 (AHS12). on Vimeo

I got the link from here
    VIDEO: My ‘Safe Starches’ Panel At #AHS12 Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog

PHD dude has been telling ppl for awhile now to eat safe starches for weight loss (I know this link has been posted before because I have posted it)
    Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet
    thanks for the links

Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    +1
    My goodness.......never heard of Cronise and now I don't want to go to his website EVER because of some REALLY devoted fan of his who is really annoying the crap out of me on here. Why don't you just stop already Im Losing it..........cuz your make me "lose it." It's not like the tater diet is patented or something. When you do research on something that grows NATURALLY on the planet we live on then you're gonna run into people who have done the same kind of research on the same plant. Whether on themselves or others. It's not like its some magic concoction that Ray came up with...........IT"S A POTATO.
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I did go back and delete a lot of comments, I did that AFTER Ray Cronise looked at them and told me he wished I wouldn't have posted so much on potatoes. I changed the first post in this thread to direct future readers to Ray's site. The day I made this thread, I emailed Ray and invited him to look it over. No malice on my part. After about a week, I hadn't heard back and was surprised how much attention this thread was getting. I emailed him again, provided him links to this thread. He got back to me quickly and said he didn't have time to come onto MDA and defend his work so would I kindly send people to his site. I honored that request.

If you read through the thread, you will see several people telling me to stop talking science and just stick to the basics...eat potatoes, lose weight. It works, most people don't really care about the science. I didn't post any links, graphs, or studies that Ray had on his site because I respected his research and work. About the only thing you could say I 'stole' from him and posited as my own was the fact that potatoes contain all the essential amino acids and a healthy supply of fat. Anything else was sheer speculation on my part as to why this works. In the comments on Rays blog, he shoots down about all the arguments I used to tell people why this works. So far as I know he hasn't told anyone why he thinks this works so well.

But anyway, you are doing the exact opposite of what Ray would want you to do, draw so much attention to his work in the lead up to his big release of information. Maybe you should get Ray's email address off his site, email him, and tell him how you are 'dressing down' Otzi and all the people who have lost weight eating potatoes. I'll bet he tells you to stop.
    sounds fair enough to me.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    another 2lb gone

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Would've been 3lb, if you didn't go frying the things in oil

*gives LC a teasy elbow in ribs*

And well done!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    So last week, I had lost 4.5 lbs before heading into a weekend of eating. Didn't each much during the day but I never do. Had dinner out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dinners included a bit of bread and rice (and a ridiculously good cheesecake on Sunday), plus wine and a couple of vodka/club sodas. And meat! I went back to potatoes Monday and Tuesday, though had regular primal dinner last night. I haven't gained any weight back. I'm doing potatoes for the next 5-6 days, bringing it to a total of about 12 days, to see if I can drop another 5lbs. I'm pretty pleased with how this has worked.
    It seems resilient to shaking things up. Good to see it stayed off. Now I am thinking about cheesecake

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    another 2lb gone
    huh, seems to be working for you! Glad my I-can't-stand-this trick pushed you through. How many days will you go?

My sprints are better on potatoes I must say.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    huh, seems to be working for you! Glad my I-can't-stand-this trick pushed you through. How many days will you go?

My sprints are better on potatoes I must say.
    Thanks! I think another 3 days. I have lost so much weight, I just am keen to see if I can keep it off, consistent with Zanna and others. And I can emotionally deal with boring food now. The results are certainly worth it!

Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast