Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 88

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jo00di, the general idea of muscle-keeping is that spuds actually contain around 10% complete protein, so if you're eating enough to satisfy hunger then you're probably getting enough protein to maintain.

Regarding repartitioning, kind of depends what you mean by that, as I'm not sure? To me 'food partitioning' means deliberately avoiding mixing certain food groups at the same time, such as carbs and fats. Either can be OK on its own, combined and it means all the fat will be stored (because your body produces the storage hormone insulin). This fulfills that because it's extremely low fat if you stick to it correctly, ie just starch and protein.

Of course, some people around here will tell you it's just fine to go frying your spuds in oil, despite both Otzi and Ray Cronise saying that's an absolute no-no.

"Any herb or species are fine, but remember no oils (I.e. fries, chips, etc…)."

But hey, I'm just reading n stuff....

AC

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    So last week, I had lost 4.5 lbs before heading into a weekend of eating. Didn't each much during the day but I never do. Had dinner out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dinners included a bit of bread and rice (and a ridiculously good cheesecake on Sunday), plus wine and a couple of vodka/club sodas. And meat! I went back to potatoes Monday and Tuesday, though had regular primal dinner last night. I haven't gained any weight back. I'm doing potatoes for the next 5-6 days, bringing it to a total of about 12 days, to see if I can drop another 5lbs. I'm pretty pleased with how this has worked.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrrrl View Post
    But he didn't develop the potato idea... I already posted a link that predates his idea by about 10 years.
    ok ok I am the master tator creator. We just didnt have internet back in those days. I just carved it out on my cave wall but I forgot to chisel my copyright. I noticed someone stole my rock wall but I didnt make the connection as to why until now.

I did it 20 years ago, while lifting heavy things. Like squatting 300lbs for like a set of 1 ha. But I ate lots of tators back then and not much else, mostly because I was recently divorced & poor (poorer).
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Im Losing It is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrrrl View Post
    But he didn't develop the potato idea... I already posted a link that predates his idea by about 10 years.
    You missed my point. You called yourself "Meatgrrrl" on this forum for a reason. You would not have been caught dead doing a potato diet unless someone had done a ton of work to convince you that it was anything but Vegan nonsense. So even if you had read that post in 2006, you would have laughed at it.

It was only Cronise's research that convinced Otzi to try it and launch this thread (though Cronise was asking people not to, as he wasn't through researching it) -- but why he decided to steal Cronise's work without attribution is beyond me.

By the way, anyone who wants to read a ton of great give and take with Cronise re: this diet, go here (free registration required) :

Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn

And consider donating (and here comes tatertot again saying I'm Cronise), because he is spending a ton on equipment...and because, as the guy who's actually figuring out the innovations that are helping fat people get thin fast (for apparently the first time in their lives), he deserves it.
    Last edited by Im Losing It; 11-07-2012 at 11:17 AM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Im Losing It View Post
    It was only Cronise's research that convinced Otzi to try it and launch this thread (though Cronise was asking people not to, as he wasn't through researching it) -- but why he decided to steal Cronise's work without attribution is beyond me.

By the way, anyone who wants to read a ton of great give and take with Cronise re: this diet, go here (free registration required) :

Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn
    Ok, not to beat a dead horse, and I think what you are trying to do is admirable, defending someone else's work and all. But Otzi never tried to pass this off as his own. In fact, he directed me to Cronise's site and to his work. And when I went over there to sign up, I didnt even realize that I had already signed up some other time.

So there's the thing: the thing is, most of those guys, their work is just over my head. Trying to understand it and make sense of it all. And getting around to reading it all takes time. So even though I was already registered on his site because I was interested in his work, none of this tator stuff jumped out at me. It wasnt until it was pointed out & interpreted for me, did I have an interest. And if the fella wasn't ready for ppl to try it, then he shouldnt have posted it on the internet.

And I dont think TT meant anything bad either. I dont mean to speak for him, but his post came across to me, as someone concerned about our little community here, and a fella MDAer getting some flack for posting something that was already out there.

Cronise no doubt deserves his just credit. And we (at least I) would never have known about his work on tators over there, if not for the postings over here. That is how we all learn from each other.

Now, let's all kiss and make up, and move on
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Ok, not to beat a dead horse, and I think what you are trying to do is admirable, defending someone else's work and all. But Otzi never tried to pass this off as his own. In fact, he directed me to Cronise's site and to his work. And when I went over there to sign up, I didnt even realize that I had already signed up some other time.

So there's the thing: the thing is, most of those guys, their work is just over my head. Trying to understand it and make sense of it all. And getting around to reading it all takes time. So even though I was already registered on his site because I was interested in his work, none of this tator stuff jumped out at me. It wasnt until it was pointed out & interpreted for me, did I have an interest. And if the fella wasn't ready for ppl to try it, then he shouldnt have posted it on the internet.

And I dont think TT meant anything bad either. I dont mean to speak for him, but his post came across to me, as someone concerned about our little community here, and a fella MDAer getting some flack for posting something that was already out there.

Cronise no doubt deserves his just credit. And we (at least I) would never have known about his work on tators over there, if not for the postings over here. That is how we all learn from each other.

Now, let's all kiss and make up, and move on
    +1
    My goodness.......never heard of Cronise and now I don't want to go to his website EVER because of some REALLY devoted fan of his who is really annoying the crap out of me on here. Why don't you just stop already Im Losing it..........cuz your make me "lose it." It's not like the tater diet is patented or something. When you do research on something that grows NATURALLY on the planet we live on then you're gonna run into people who have done the same kind of research on the same plant. Whether on themselves or others. It's not like its some magic concoction that Ray came up with...........IT"S A POTATO.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

Lowcarb4me is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    The only thing I have to say about this is that this thread is completely about weight loss....versus this forum's purpose of trying to gain good health. I am disappointed in some of the people who have jumped on this wagon :\ Have fun yo-yoing....
    For me, losing some weight = better health. There are WAY worse things to eat than potatoes:

WHFoods: Potatoes

Oh and just to rub it in: I'm down 7 lbs effortlessly. And not hungry. And not hypoglycemic. And happy.
    Last edited by Lowcarb4me; 11-07-2012 at 01:30 PM.

otzi Guest
    Otzi has said that he started this thread with info from private emails and private phone conversations with Cronise...without telling him he was going to post it.

Cronise's board is private. Cronise's emails and phone calls with Otzi were private. That's why Otzi didn't mention Cronise until Otzi was caught -- because he was betraying Cronise knowingly. There's no other way to read his behavior. Otzi pretended to be a friend, benefited from private phone conversations with Cronise about how Otzi could better lose weight using Cronise's research, came here and represented Cronise's work as his own, and, once caught, edited/destroyed the evidence. There's no ambiguity about what he was doing or his state of mind.
    I did go back and delete a lot of comments, I did that AFTER Ray Cronise looked at them and told me he wished I wouldn't have posted so much on potatoes. I changed the first post in this thread to direct future readers to Ray's site. The day I made this thread, I emailed Ray and invited him to look it over. No malice on my part. After about a week, I hadn't heard back and was surprised how much attention this thread was getting. I emailed him again, provided him links to this thread. He got back to me quickly and said he didn't have time to come onto MDA and defend his work so would I kindly send people to his site. I honored that request.

If you read through the thread, you will see several people telling me to stop talking science and just stick to the basics...eat potatoes, lose weight. It works, most people don't really care about the science. I didn't post any links, graphs, or studies that Ray had on his site because I respected his research and work. About the only thing you could say I 'stole' from him and posited as my own was the fact that potatoes contain all the essential amino acids and a healthy supply of fat. Anything else was sheer speculation on my part as to why this works. In the comments on Rays blog, he shoots down about all the arguments I used to tell people why this works. So far as I know he hasn't told anyone why he thinks this works so well.

But anyway, you are doing the exact opposite of what Ray would want you to do, draw so much attention to his work in the lead up to his big release of information. Maybe you should get Ray's email address off his site, email him, and tell him how you are 'dressing down' Otzi and all the people who have lost weight eating potatoes. I'll bet he tells you to stop.

Im Losing It is offline Junior Member
    You launch and run an 850 post thread about your potato diet invention, and I'm the one calling attention to it?

BTW, where's the part where you take issue with "Tatertot's" crapping on Cronise and the "cease-and-desist order" he supposedly put in against you?

otzi Guest
    You launch and run an 850 post thread about your potato diet invention, and I'm the one calling attention to it?

BTW, where's the part where you take issue with "Tatertot's" crapping on Cronise and the "cease-and-desist order" he supposedly put in against you?
    People around here get excited about novel ways to improve our health naturally. You should see what happened when I borrowed a lot of info from Ray's site on Cold Thermogenesis! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread50560.html

Go to pages 11 and 17 and note the comments by Mr. ZzzzeroG. That's what I hoped would happen here.

When I started this thread, I figured people would say it was all BS and not give it a second thought. That's one of the reasons I didn't start right off with "....Ray Cronise says eat potatoes and lose weight." I figured if people took a liking to it, then we could give credit where credit's due. Done and done.

Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast