Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 87

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    And speaking of mountains... out of molehills.
    lol....yeah, get a grip.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Im Losing It View Post
    Okay, I'm trying it.

Like the OP, I will shoot for 14 days.

Starting weight: 215 (ugh)
    52/m/5'9 (ick)
    approx 28% bf (yikes)

Just baked my first potato; had it plain. Not my favorite meal ever, but very satiating.

Tomorrow's bkfast will be this recipe from the post quoted below:
    Shred two potatoes with a kitchen grater, rinse under hot water, fry in a non-stick pan until brown and crispy, drench with vinegar and salt (my favorite!)

Wish me luck!!
    Funny someone intimately familiar with Ray Cronise' work would choose MDA to launch his potato diet, unless, of course, gasp, "I'm losing It" is really...ray cronise. Outed!

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    This is a bit pathetic. Really, over potatoes?

chloe59 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Funny someone intimately familiar with Ray Cronise' work would choose MDA to launch his potato diet, unless, of course, gasp, "I'm losing It" is really...ray cronise. Outed!
    You beat me to it! So obviously Cronise....pretty pathetic attempt actually. Join, make 2 random posts in this thread, and then attack. That way, your very first post isn't attacking Otzi for "copying" Cronise...you made TWO WHOLE posts before that so we wouldn't catch on. Brilliant. Or, not so much.....

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    HAHAHA. Wow, you got me, Sherlock.

I can't be Ray Cronise. Because Otzi is Ray Cronise. :-)
    Ewww... the plot thickens. Or he could be Ray's evil twin brother, long thought dead, back to avenge the stealing of his potato ideas which he developed when they were only children!

But he didn't develop the potato idea... I already posted a link that predates his idea by about 10 years.

And the reason you waited until yesterday to start the diet is?
    It wasn't yesterday. I've just finished my third day.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Jo00di, the general idea of muscle-keeping is that spuds actually contain around 10% complete protein, so if you're eating enough to satisfy hunger then you're probably getting enough protein to maintain.

Regarding repartitioning, kind of depends what you mean by that, as I'm not sure? To me 'food partitioning' means deliberately avoiding mixing certain food groups at the same time, such as carbs and fats. Either can be OK on its own, combined and it means all the fat will be stored (because your body produces the storage hormone insulin). This fulfills that because it's extremely low fat if you stick to it correctly, ie just starch and protein.

Of course, some people around here will tell you it's just fine to go frying your spuds in oil, despite both Otzi and Ray Cronise saying that's an absolute no-no.

"Any herb or species are fine, but remember no oils (I.e. fries, chips, etc…)."

But hey, I'm just reading n stuff....

AC

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    So last week, I had lost 4.5 lbs before heading into a weekend of eating. Didn't each much during the day but I never do. Had dinner out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dinners included a bit of bread and rice (and a ridiculously good cheesecake on Sunday), plus wine and a couple of vodka/club sodas. And meat! I went back to potatoes Monday and Tuesday, though had regular primal dinner last night. I haven't gained any weight back. I'm doing potatoes for the next 5-6 days, bringing it to a total of about 12 days, to see if I can drop another 5lbs. I'm pretty pleased with how this has worked.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrrrl View Post
    But he didn't develop the potato idea... I already posted a link that predates his idea by about 10 years.
    ok ok I am the master tator creator. We just didnt have internet back in those days. I just carved it out on my cave wall but I forgot to chisel my copyright. I noticed someone stole my rock wall but I didnt make the connection as to why until now.

I did it 20 years ago, while lifting heavy things. Like squatting 300lbs for like a set of 1 ha. But I ate lots of tators back then and not much else, mostly because I was recently divorced & poor (poorer).
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast