Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 86

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by temmeyhpettti View Post
    Even if it was the superdiet and worked wonders, sounds very, very boring... I would probably not last more than a day on this.
    It is somewhat boring, and a day here and there is how I use it now. Just a little extra push when I need it. Or sometimes I start out with tators, and then finish the day with a regular meal
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Hey, guys; I don't get on here much, but it looks like this thread took a strange turn. From what I can piece together, Otzi, the OP, was a member of Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn and posted some stuff on here that he 'borrowed' from that site. The owner of Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn took issue with the cross-sharing of info and put in a cease-and-desist order against Otzi from talking about, of all things, potatoes. How bizarre.

Well, I went and read what Ray Cronise wrote about potatoes, and I couldn't see anything propietary about this knowledge. In fact, I would say Ray Cronise 'borrowed' most of his stuff from Steven Guyenet, Dr. McDougall, and Peter at Hyperlipid. There was absolutely nothing at Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn about an official 'potato diet', just about 50 comments on a blog about gut health wherein Ray Cronise recommended people eat potatoes for weight loss. When people ask about it, he gets very dismissive saying 'everyone has it wrong' and 'nobody but him knows how metabolisms really work'. He then promises more data is coming soon and he will soon reveal the truth behind weightloss. Sounds kinda 'Wizard of Oz' to me. Wasn't there another guy that did this kinda stuff recently? Jack Kruse, anybody?

Anyway, I just want to tell you all that no matter how this gets spun, a diet of all potatoes seems to be the height of fat loss. I did it for 14 days and lost 10lbs, nearly 3 weeks later, I'm down 12lbs from where I started. I was weight stable for almost 2 years prior to 1 October, my extra weight was firmly entrenched around my midsection and I could not get it to budge. 2 weeks of potatoes and I'm down 2" of abdominal circumference and it has stayed off, despite returning to my pre-potato eating levels.

I think anyone considering giving this a try should do it immediately. Stick to as plain of potatoes as possible, no fancy cooking methods, baked or boiled, in my opinion is perfect. Boiled and chilled even better. Don't count calories, don't intentionally try to eat at your old levels, just eat til full.

I've been working with 9 people who are doing the potato diet and all of them are losing about 1/2 pound a day or more. I think it is a shame that Otzi was stifled, and I don't really understand what's going on, but we need to keep spreading the word on this diet tip. Cheap, easy, almost fool-proof, and it really works!

I may start a new thread later this week where we can put some of the discussion back in and leave Otzi and Ray Cronise to their own little world at Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn

Ugggh

I went over there a time or two to try to read up on it, but stuff was so buried & sometimes reads like a foreign language. It was nice to have a short & sweet translation. I also loved coming here just to read ppls results & be inspired.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Hey, guys; I don't get on here much, but it looks like this thread took a strange turn. From what I can piece together, Otzi, the OP, was a member of Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn and posted some stuff on here that he 'borrowed' from that site. The owner of Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn took issue with the cross-sharing of info and put in a cease-and-desist order against Otzi from talking about, of all things, potatoes. How bizarre.

Well, I went and read what Ray Cronise wrote about potatoes, and I couldn't see anything propietary about this knowledge. In fact, I would say Ray Cronise 'borrowed' most of his stuff from Steven Guyenet, Dr. McDougall, and Peter at Hyperlipid. There was absolutely nothing at Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn about an official 'potato diet', just about 50 comments on a blog about gut health wherein Ray Cronise recommended people eat potatoes for weight loss. When people ask about it, he gets very dismissive saying 'everyone has it wrong' and 'nobody but him knows how metabolisms really work'. He then promises more data is coming soon and he will soon reveal the truth behind weightloss. Sounds kinda 'Wizard of Oz' to me. Wasn't there another guy that did this kinda stuff recently? Jack Kruse, anybody?

Anyway, I just want to tell you all that no matter how this gets spun, a diet of all potatoes seems to be the height of fat loss. I did it for 14 days and lost 10lbs, nearly 3 weeks later, I'm down 12lbs from where I started. I was weight stable for almost 2 years prior to 1 October, my extra weight was firmly entrenched around my midsection and I could not get it to budge. 2 weeks of potatoes and I'm down 2" of abdominal circumference and it has stayed off, despite returning to my pre-potato eating levels.

I think anyone considering giving this a try should do it immediately. Stick to as plain of potatoes as possible, no fancy cooking methods, baked or boiled, in my opinion is perfect. Boiled and chilled even better. Don't count calories, don't intentionally try to eat at your old levels, just eat til full.

I've been working with 9 people who are doing the potato diet and all of them are losing about 1/2 pound a day or more. I think it is a shame that Otzi was stifled, and I don't really understand what's going on, but we need to keep spreading the word on this diet tip. Cheap, easy, almost fool-proof, and it really works!

I may start a new thread later this week where we can put some of the discussion back in and leave Otzi and Ray Cronise to their own little world at Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn
    I definitely think you should, and put the thread in Odds and Ends so The Alarmists don't get their weenies
    in a knot thinking newbies are going to read the potato thread and do that instead of primal.

Waaaaaaaah!

Post in here when you get that thread up and running.......................

Julie

Im Losing It is offline Junior Member

Ray Cronise is the GOOD guy, "Tatertot"...

That's a really nasty distortion, "Tatertot", and your minimization of Cronise's work is unfair (and if you've read Cronise's posts, you know it.) Otzi found Cronise's work on Cronise's private forum, then came here and presented the work as his own and positioned himself as some kind of 'guru'. Was it for ego, to play the star? Or was Otzi's plan to monetize shortly? Is Otzi the guy behind the "potato fast" site that sprang up to chisel a couple of bucks out of Cronise's work? Who knows?

All I know is that Otzi was pretty crummy to take credit for Cronise's work, which is why Otzi has rewritten his posts on the forum to remove the parts where he played Moses with the tablets. Covering tracks is not what people do unless they're ashamed.

Anyway, Ray Cronise is the real deal (a major portion of Tim Ferriss' 4 Hour Body book is dedicated to exploring Cronise's discoveries) and he is doing amazing, even unprecedented things for people who need to lose weight. Here is Cronise's TED talk on cold therapy for weight loss acceleration:

...I have to believe that Cronise's new work will be even better.

(By the way, "tatertot", Cronise is the guy that Kruse got the cold thermogenesis stuff from.)

Anyone who wants to know about what Ray's working on from the horse's mouth and not watered-down by fakes should join Cronise's private forum (it is FREE). He says that what he's working on is much more effective than just the potato thing. And seeing his recent work in weight loss (on top of his NASA career) I don't doubt him.

As for Otzi...

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post

Last edited by Im Losing It; 11-06-2012 at 12:13 PM.

otzi Guest
    Ray Cronise is a good guy. I have been reading his blog for years. Comments started showing up in a blog about losing weight eating potatoes. I made a few comments on his blog and Ray emailed me his phone number asking me to call him. We spoke at length about some research he was doing and papers he was getting ready to publish. He told me none of his work involved a 'potato diet' and he implied he didn't want to be the 'potato guy'. He said he used potatoes as a bit of a distractor in that potatoes had been villified by so many groups as an 'evil carb'. This is all in the comments of his blogs, so I'm not divulging anything here.

I started this thread and then emailed Ray to see if he wanted to join in. When he saw it, he asked me to please just send people over to his site as he didn't have time to devote to defending his work on Mark's Daily Apple. Ray came over here last year on a thread about Cold Thermogenesis and we had a good time Q&A'ing with him about the benefits of cold. I thought he may want to do the same with potatoes, but sadly, no.

So, no evil intent on my part. I think we can talk about this more later after his work is published and becomes public domain, but for now I am happy to watch you guys try it out and see where this all goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Losing It View Post
    Otzi found Cronise's work on Cronise's private forum, then came here and presented the work as his own and positioned himself as some kind of 'guru'. Was it for ego, to play the star? Or was Otzi's plan to monetize shortly?
    Umm sorry. You are being grossly unfair also. Otzi never ever once presented the work or info as his own. He made that very well known from the get-go.

otzi Guest
    All that stuff was my own thoughts. Ray never posted anything close to as in-depth as what you showed I had posted.

You left out the best one:

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he has a speedy recovery. If figured you were off somewhere--hoped it was climbing a mountain or something fun.

I started the "MOAR taters" thread in homage to your "MOAR fat" thread. I came across this hack for weightloss last summer and tried it on myself and close friends to great success before posting it on MDA.

I'm not the mastermind of the 'Potato Diet' but I have invited him to come and talk about it. You will be surprised when you learn who it is. If I can talk him into posting here, I'll start a new thread so you guys can get all your questions answered by a real expert in nutrition.

I implore you to read through the tater thread and look at the results. This is nothing more than a well-designed, short-term fat-busting hack. It's not a life-long diet plan. It is repeatable and predictable.

I love it because it's as ancestral as anything we do. Most, if not all, cultures since the beginning had access to starchy tubers. Undoubtedly there were certain times when they had to rely on these tubers as a sole source of food. I really like that this is coming out now, in the Fall, because this is the perfect time to add a short-term starch feast into your life.

Be kind.
    Last edited by otzi; 11-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    I read through Ray Cronise' blogs. He talks a lot about amino acids and stuff, but never really laid it out like Otzi did. C'mon people...we're talking about frikkin' potatoes here. Bottom line, you wanna lose some fat fast? Eat just potatoes for a couple weeks...thanks for inventing this, Ray. Thanks for telling us, Otzi.

This was 'stolen' from Ray's public, free, blog and seems to be what started the whole idea:

Eric Hanner says:
    June 22, 2012 at 5:26 pm
    Ray,
    Your upcoming lab work sounds exciting.

Can you point me to some dietary advice for improving my Paleo diet? Iíve been Paleo for about 5 Months and have lost 35 lbs. Looking for an improvement to the slope.

Thanks,
    Eric

admin says:
    June 23, 2012 at 1:57 am
    Increase greens Ė preferably without any fuel source. Limit meat and starch and increase fiber. This is not because we ďare/arenít designed to eat it,Ē but rather to encourage your body to rely on endogenous fat.

While there is probably some truth to the concept that eating excess dietary fats might result in an increase in fat metabolism, itís not going to be greater than not ingesting it in the first place. Itís far easier to over consume fat, then starch (provided the two are not combined in a meal).

If you want to be radical and post big numbers, drop meat, butter, oils and any sugar and switch to only brown rice and/or potato for 14 days. Herbs snd spices are fine. You can eat as much as you want, but within a day or so you wonít want it anymore. Donít eat because itís ďtime,Ē but only whn hungry. Skipping meals is okay. Essentially youíll reproduce the graph above. Any herb or species are fine, but remember no oils (I.e. fries, chips, etcÖ).

It will work Ė 100%. There are more foods that could be used, but this is dumb-simple. If you fail itís because you cheated. Suffice it to say no liquid calories of any kind.

Let me know how you do. Iíve reproduced it so many times, I know it will work.

Ray.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that I could ever be characterized as being the biggest fan of the potato hack, but I never got the impression that Otzi was out for self-aggrandizement.

I'd say we need to be a little less quick with the name calling on the forum.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast