Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 82

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You're not supposed to be using oil. Of any kind.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    You're not supposed to be using oil. Of any kind.
    You are right. I should have been clearer. It is my "I am so bored I can't eat another potato' solution to stopping the whole thing. I figure a semi cheat for one meal is better than chucking it in completely.

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    I've read a lot about how people are eating the potatoes and it seems plain is favoured - I have to say I was getting bored but grating the potato, adding moroccan spices and frying in coconut oil is very tasty.
    Otzi could tell us for sure, but I believe your body will burn the coconut oil for energy and store the carbs and starch as fat. If you want hashbrowns, packing the shredded potatoes in a non-stick muffin pan, bake at 375 for 30 minutes works great.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    If you're going to combine potato with fat, why not just eat a bag of chips?

AC

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

AC
    Or just eat Primal for that matter.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    You are right. I should have been clearer. It is my "I am so bored I can't eat another potato' solution to stopping the whole thing. I figure a semi cheat for one meal is better than chucking it in completely.
    that's ok, that is exactly how I read it. All good

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

AC
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Or just eat Primal for that matter.
    I don't think primal bans potatoes or fats, nor is it hung up on food combining. I don't think what was mentioned was unprimal.

If it is a small deviation to break the monotony, I will give it a go rather than abandoning the whole experiment.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    I don't think primal bans potatoes or fats, nor is it hung up on food combining. I don't think what was mentioned was unprimal.

If it is a small deviation to break the monotony, I will give it a go rather than abandoning the whole experiment.
    That was my point....fats + potato is plenty Primal. Not adhering to "potato law" doesn't mean you may as well just grab a bag of chips.

aaah. I was confused what you meant.

On the same page.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Nope, it doesn't make any sense to me.

There's 2 ways of looking at the potato thing, either the 'low-calories because you're easily stuffed on spuds' thing, or the 'low to zero fat and low protein' thing, because it's almost starch-only diet.

Cooking the spuds in oil destroys the "low to zero fat" thing and also whacks up the calories again.

There's nothing particularly magical about potatoes, in fact they're potentially problematic as they're a 'nightshade'. My understanding is that the whole point of this is to crowd out other foods by filling your belly on spuds only.

If you're going to cook it in fat then why not add a knob of butter and some grated cheese? Some cubed ham and pickle perhaps?

Slap a slab of steak next to it, some stir-fried veggies and call it the "dinner diet"?

I don't think you can really stick with the program by breaking the program.

If you really feel you need to stop, then stop. Go back to normal food for awhile, repeat the spud thing again later, that's fine. However I cannot possibly condone the idea of a fried-potato diet. To me that's just crazy.

Hey, it's up to you; I'm a poster not a policeman. I just think frying potatoes in fat is a nutty way to lose weight.

AC

Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast