Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 81

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    I have been waiting for my wife to tee up a business trip so I can give this a try without risk being committed to an institution.
    I feel your pain. Sometimes it is not worth the discussion!

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    I have to say I amazed how this is working. I am also chuffed it is so filling - after thinking protein wasa the key. Loving it

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Starting day 5, which won't be all potato - i am meeting someone for lunch. Down 4.5 lbs and at a weight I haven't seen in 5 years - yay! I've kept workouts lighter this week, just a few yoga and Pilates classes. Tomorrow, I'm doing a weight lifting class - I usually do that class in a fasting state and will do the same, then will some potatoes when I get back. Then I need to blanch and vacuum seal all of the veggies i usually eat during the week so they don't go bad. S, I get to lose some weight and put away veggies in the freezer.

This has been easier than I expected to maintain. Tonight will probably include some wine and dinner, then we watch football at a friend's house on Sunday. I'll start back with potatoes next week, and then will begin cycling back into regular eating. I'm curious to see how much will stay off - I think most of it will. This has been a great experiment AND, in my quest for potatoes, I found a farm selling 50lb bags for $17, so I stocked up. Thanks, otzi - I'm glad you started this thread!

Keeks333 is offline Junior Member
    Start of day 5 and I am down 1.5lbs in total... not as extreme as other people but I have had more of an appetite, eating around 1300 grams/day (I am very active). I think today is going to be my last day, I am just about over these taters! I was dreaming about avocados last night haha. I am a little nervous to eat "normally" again as I dont want to gain those few lbs back, but am curious to see how my body reacts afterwords.

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Down 1.2 lbs today! This is a new low on the scale! Total loss in after 7 days of potatoes is 4.2 lbs.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    I'm giving this a go too. It's hard to say what I started out as I was backed up yesterday morning. But day one and 'issues' resolved I've gone from 166 (more like 164-165 normally) to 163.5 today so that's more of a baseline reading. It'll be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow.

Primal Tracy is offline Junior Member
    Don't know how to copy text yet, so I'll recap my 1st message here. I gave this a try for 3 days, lost 3 pounds. Went on a 7 day vacation, came back up 5.6 pounds. This is not at all unusual for me as I am very sensitive to wheat and gain or lose 3-4 pounds depending on how clean I am eating. Went back on potatoes for 7 days, lost the 5.6 pounds I gained over vacation. I have now been off potatoes for 7 days and back on my weight loss version of Primal eating, which for me means higher protein and watching my carbs and calories. I am down 1.2 pounds this week, but more importantly, I have broken through a set point that I have had my entire adult life.

So, 10 days total of potatoes only. Net weight lost with potatoes is 3 pounds. Not the most dramatic weight loss, but I started out 8 pounds from my goal weight and with the additional 1.2 pounds lost now sit within 4 pounds of reaching my goal.

Things I learned -- My best results come in the first 5 days. I stalled after that and lost motivation to continue. I had plenty of energy to do my daily 75 minute hot yoga class while eating only potatoes. It's an effective way for me to break a vacation or poor eating cycle. My body (weight loss) responds to shaking things up periodically. I have suffered no ill effects from a short term potato only diet. Of course, this is just my experience, your mileage may vary!

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Tracy View Post
    but more importantly, I have broken through a set point that I have had my entire adult life.

I had plenty of energy to do my daily 75 minute hot yoga class while eating only potatoes.
    these points are consistent with my experience, it is interesting what shakes things up.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    I've read a lot about how people are eating the potatoes and it seems plain is favoured - I have to say I was getting bored but grating the potato, adding moroccan spices and frying in coconut oil is very tasty.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    I've read a lot about how people are eating the potatoes and it seems plain is favoured - I have to say I was getting bored but grating the potato, adding moroccan spices and frying in coconut oil is very tasty.
    yum, I will try that!

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast