Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 8

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Otzi (and others doing this), any chance you can track body temperature at a consistent time each day? Preferably on waking. That's the best way to see what it's doing to your basal metabolic rate, and would give you a good clue as to when to stop the tater-fast and return to "normal" eating for nutrient recovery--if you start to see your morning temp dropping, then it's probably time to take a break for a while...

This sounds interesting, thanks for posting and updating!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Otzi (and others doing this), any chance you can track body temperature at a consistent time each day? Preferably on waking. That's the best way to see what it's doing to your basal metabolic rate, and would give you a good clue as to when to stop the tater-fast and return to "normal" eating for nutrient recovery--if you start to see your morning temp dropping, then it's probably time to take a break for a while...

It's funny you should ask. I have been tracking my body temp for some time. It usually runs low, 95-96 am, 97-98.2 pm. This is taken with an ear thermometer, so may not be accurate, but gives me a baseline.

When I eat potatoes only, my am temp is 97-98 and pm 98.2 - 98.6. It's basically the only time it is ever normal. Stays high all through 2 weeks, then drops back down when I cut back on carbs.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post

I don't mind tracking body temperature with an 'ear' thermometer.
    Last edited by Louisa655; 10-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I havent taken any temps, but I have noticed that w/o the fat, I run colder. Same as when I fast though. But also, it is getting colder here and I really didnt want to turn on the furnace yet, but we did Saturday I think, but it isnt all that high.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    This is my first time trying photobucket, so bear with me. God forbid I should post something that I'll regret the rest of my darned life.

Looks like you are doing great girl!!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Looks like you are doing great girl!!!
    Thanks, Gopintos. My aim is to lose that last 10lbs and then reconfigure what's left into some decent muscle mass. It's that darn mid-section where the fat just doesn't want to budge -- it's frustrating but that's why I'm here on the Potato Project. Let's see how the week progresses for all of us.

Cheers/Lou
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

beckie is offline Member
    I started the potato fast this morning. I'm very curious to see if there are any changes to my stats tomorrow.
    I can definitely eat these potatoes and rice long term! This is so much easier than the BP fast that I tried in the Spring because I can actually eat!!

CW: 139.5
    CBF: 31.5

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Yesterday I only had 3. Mine are small, barely 2.5 inches long. I should weigh them but I just track them as "small" But I would eat as many as it took

Anyways.... drum roll please....

-.7 this morning!

The last 4 days have all been new low numbers for me!!

Only 3.5 more pounds and I will have reached my Memorial Day (2012) goal!!
    Wow, that's awesome! How exciting to be on the cusp of your Memorial Day goal! I haven't weighed myself since Thursday last, so hoping to see some results tomorrow at work.
    F, 48, 5'10"

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I bought 2.5lbs of potatoes, which was 6 potatoes. I was going to try this on Wednesday for a whole day. Now I'm thinking maybe that's not enough potatoes for a whole day. So maybe I'll stop at the store and get a few more and maybe I will extend it through lunch on Thursday. Probably not very effective, but if you can lose a pound or so on the first day, then maybe it's not going to hurt me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I don't mind tracking body temperature with an 'ear' thermometer. Will that suffice?
    LOL, whatever you feel like doing will "suffice", which you write as though you are under any duress or requirement whatsoever to acquiesce in even the smallest measure to my wishes.

But yeah, I think ear thermometers are reasonably accurate. I'm more interested in any change in basal temp than I am in the absolute number anyway.

EDIT: Just FYI, according to WebMD, tympanic (ear) temperature is typically about 0.5 degF higher than oral temperature. So if you're reading 98.6 degF on a tympanic thermometer you're actually a little low, around 98.1 degF. Cheers!

EDIT 2: Also, my current oral temperature is a toasty 99.0 degF, which is typical for me after a hearty lunch of sardines, cheese, olive-oil-and-sea-salt potato chips, 2 apples and some frozen grapes.
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 10-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast