Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 79

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachspirit View Post
    The link you referred to is only showing up as a box with x. Can you send the link again? Thanks!
    Quit biting on the spam! This is the potato diet!

All those weird posts with red x's are spam that the website's spam filter is blocking the attachments. The spammers love to get on threads that get really long like this one, we'll have to abandon it soon and start a new one if it keeps up.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I ran across some butter flavored powder stuff in the spice section, near the salt and pepper and Mrs. Dash that looked ok. It was at Walmart, but the name escapes me. It probably can't hurt me for a week, I just don't want to mess up the weight loss. I use salt, pepper some other dry spices, maybe a tsp of ketchup or a Tbl of beef stock. Reading the posts people seem amazed when they add other things and don't do "just potatoes" and then don't lose weight and maybe even gain some. The plan is so simple - just potatoes and some dry spices.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Salt, natural butter flavor, yellow #5,yellow #6, soybean oil and less than 2%silicon dioxide added.

This is the content of Nuts' Butter Flavored Popcorn Salt.

Are you
    freaking
    SERIOUS ?
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Salt, natural butter flavor, yellow #5,yellow #6, soybean oil and less than 2%silicon dioxide added.

Are you
    freaking
    SERIOUS ?
    Finally we agree on something! I would not eat anything with 'butter flavor'. Maybe there are some safe ones, I don't know, but I think they all have something in common. Artificial Butter Flavor Is Bad For Your Brain, May Cause Alzheimer's

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Quit biting on the spam! This is the potato diet!

All those weird posts with red x's are spam that the website's spam filter is blocking the attachments. The spammers love to get on threads that get really long like this one, we'll have to abandon it soon and start a new one if it keeps up.
    Thanks Otzi! I learned something new today! It amazes me how some people are so upset that this is working for us.

Lowcarb4me is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post

Are you
    freaking
    SERIOUS ?
    LOL, yes. What can I say? I'm a butter-holic who can't eat butter right now. Considering that the serving is less than 1/8th of a teaspoon at a time and I only use it maybe one time per day, I'm not worried. This is temporary. I am not advocating it for anyone else, either - we all have our own consciences to follow, right?

ETA: And it sounds scary, but diacetyl is a natural component of real butter. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Lowcarb4me; 10-31-2012 at 10:19 AM.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachspirit View Post
    Thanks Otzi! I learned something new today! It amazes me how some people are so upset that this is working for us.

I don't understand why the alarmists even post in here if they think
    it's such horseshit.

Don't like it? Don't click on it. Very simple.

But no, we have to be flooded with their ever-burgeoning opinion at every
    turn, LIKE WE ASKED FOR IT.

Newsflash: We didn't.

In other news, day before yesterday I had a microwaved potato, 233 grams (about 8oz) at 1:45pm
    before I had to literally run out the door to fetch Thing One and Thing Two from school.

I got halfway through and thought "relleh? can I do it?" as in, can I finish it, but I did because I
    didn't want to eat it cold later.

Ohmigawd, just that little potato, with JUST salt, kept me full until 7:30pm. UNCOMFORTABLY FULL,
    like, 7months PREGNANT full.

Holy crap on a cracker, I certainly don't like that over-full feeling, but ya know what? It's better than
    being freaking STARVING all day.

So bring on the bloat, bring on the satiation, bring on the elastic waisted jammy pants, because to
    get THAT feeling from, what, 220 calories? I will TAKE IT.

Anyway, that's my story for the day.

Julie

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    So I am actually UP a pound over yesterday, 108.6, bringing my net loss as of Day 5 to a whopping 1.6 lbs. I am thinking it has to be water because there is no freaking way I am gaining any fat on a ~1800-calorie daily deficit. I'm wondering if a couple more days will "whoosh" that weight away. Maybe not, we'll see...

Today I am going to break my potato-feast for one meal because we get taken out to lunch every Wednesday at work and I am not going to be the complainy-pants guy that doesn't want to eat with his coworkers. Wonder where we're going...

Then it's back to taters for the remaining day or two of potatoes I have left.

EDIT: Turns out it was Thai food. Yum, fried rice...
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 10-31-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I don't understand why the alarmists even post in here if they think
    it's such horseshit.

Don't like it? Don't click on it. Very simple.

But no, we have to be flooded with their ever-burgeoning opinion at every
    turn, LIKE WE ASKED FOR IT.

Newsflash: We didn't

Julie
    Well said.

Some people seem to think posting a hundred times a day for two years means everyone is hanging out for their views. Seriously, get a life. If you don't agree, move on.

and maybe perhaps they should contemplate they don't know everything.

Anyway, I find potatoes very filling too, even with a strenuous job.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Start of day 4. I have now lost a total of ~4 lbs. I'm amazed at how much energy I have, though I was hungrier yesterday and ate more potatoes.

Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast