Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 78

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Today, eating no carbs, minimal fat and the remainder lean protein, i have eaten twice the calories that I ate during my potato fast. Still much lower calories than normal, but nearly double some of my tater totals. Tonight I am hungry. I wasn't hungry on a half dozen potatoes a day. It's weird and I don't understand it, but the potato only regimen did keep me satisfied on very few calories.

Lowcarb4me is offline Junior Member
    Responding to the request for butter flavored salt: Three that I know of: Reese's Butter Flavored Popcorn Salt (hard to find), Molly McButter (currently using up what I had on the shelf) and some butter flavored popcorn seasoning I get from Nuts.com that I ran out of recently.

I'm not a connoisseur of fake butter powder, mind you I normally eat the real thing.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Quick follow-on update - I said I'd be happy if I broke the 84 kg barrier and this morning, after going back to primal eating - 83.7 kg,

So that's another drop of 1.3 lbs, for a total of 2.9 lbs lost over 4 days, 3 of them tater-fasting.

Again for me the secret ingredient was fasted-state slow-paced exercise (walking), this time on an elliptical for 50 mins.

I lost that 1.3 lbs despite eating:

Yogurt and blueberries
    3 egg omelette
    Chicken stir fry with peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and onion
    1/4 lb almonds
    Small pack macadamia nuts

Compared to ruminating on boiled spuds that felt like indulgent feasting - but still the weight came off.

This morning I'm going to do another 30 mins on the elliptical before any breakfast, as fasted exercise seems super-effective for me at present

Regarding measurements, the 1/2 inch on my waist that went away, then seemed to come back has gone away again, which is cool. Hard to get a consistent skinfold measurement but it certainly doesn't seem higher. I'm satisfied that the lost weight is fat.

So yeah, seems consistent with other's experience, even when stopping the taters a bit more weight comes off.

AC

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    5 days and 4 lb! not sick of them yet.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Start of day 3 and down 2.5 lbs. not too bad. No fatigue, actually had a hard time sleeping last night but feel good.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Post potato diet Day One: down another half pound to 146 for a total loss since starting last Wednesday of 4.75 pounds, which is approximately my typical monthly loss.

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita503 View Post
    Here's a description of how we digest starch, sugar, and fat. Eating only potatoes will supply you with glucose, the most easily digested of the sugars.
    The link you referred to is only showing up as a box with x. Can you send the link again? Thanks!

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Down another pound today! The potatoes diet has broke through a weight set point that I 've been trying to do for over a year on high fat or high protein, low-no carb lifestyle. I'm thrilled!

Keeks333 is offline Junior Member
    Day 3, down 1lb, but was up .5lbs yesterday so only a .5lb loss so far. I felt really light and not bloated yesterday and slept really well last night. Curious to see if there is a bigger drop in weight after day 3...

Lowcarb4me is offline Junior Member
    Another 1.25 lbs for me as well. I'm just astonished. My jeans thank you.

Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast