Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 73

primalcar is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    So I have to share... I did the potato fast for a total of 6 days last week at lost a total of 3 pounds. However, I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant so obviously I stopped the fast. What's funny is now I'm craving potatoes like crazy. I thought I would be sick of them by now, but I literally want them with every meal. I am looking forward to using this fast after I deliver this baby though. I loved it, felt great, and lost weight so easily! Good luck to all of you tater-heads!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    So I have to share... I did the potato fast for a total of 6 days last week at lost a total of 3 pounds. However, I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant so obviously I stopped the fast. What's funny is now I'm craving potatoes like crazy. I thought I would be sick of them by now, but I literally want them with every meal. I am looking forward to using this fast after I deliver this baby though. I loved it, felt great, and lost weight so easily! Good luck to all of you tater-heads!
    Congrats!

On the wanting them at every meal, I eat them most daily now. This really helped to show me that I can, and it is okay, I still lose weight. So it helps me to cook more normal for my family, meat & tators with some other veggies. My daughter was like... you cooked potatoes!! So they are happy as well
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    Congrats! Your sure it's not just a potato growing in there?

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I'm giving this a whirl for the week. We are supposed to get hit with Hurricane Sandy, so cooking a bunch of potatoes will make food planning a lot easier for me. It's been difficult to budge the scale lately, regardless of diet / exercise, so I'm hoping this will jump start things. In my experience, once I can move the scale, a bunch of weight will drop before the body stalls again. I'm hoping to drop about 5 lbs with this hack, then another 5-10 total. It would be cool if this is something I can do a couple of times to make progress. I usually lift weights twice a week - it will interesting to see if I feel up to it on Wednesday. I'll definitely be doing yoga, unless the gym is closed due to the storm.

Keeks333 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I'm giving this a whirl for the week. We are supposed to get hit with Hurricane Sandy, so cooking a bunch of potatoes will make food planning a lot easier for me. It's been difficult to budge the scale lately, regardless of diet / exercise, so I'm hoping this will jump start things. In my experience, once I can move the scale, a bunch of weight will drop before the body stalls again. I'm hoping to drop about 5 lbs with this hack, then another 5-10 total. It would be cool if this is something I can do a couple of times to make progress. I usually lift weights twice a week - it will interesting to see if I feel up to it on Wednesday. I'll definitely be doing yoga, unless the gym is closed due to the storm.
    I'm in the same boat as you Zana! I had already planned to start today but with the storm coming it made going to get hurricane supplies much easier! I had 3.5 cups of boiled taters with salt pepper and rosemary this morning and am feeling good. Keep us updated with your progress!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Stay safe!! My nephew headed your way Saturday. He works for a power line company.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Stay safe!! My nephew headed your way Saturday. He works for a power line company.
    Your nephew is going to be very appreciated! And busy, if the predicted outages are accurate.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Day 5. No weight loss today. Maybe I'm eating too little because I haven't been "regular." Three days later I finally got rid of some of my potato fiber, but it wasn't much. Sorry for the TMI. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue. I was fine the first couple days. I had planned to go 5-7 days and will be making today my last day. Tomorrow I am switching to lean meat and fish for two or three days and then will return to eating normally.

One good thing about this potato project is that at one time I was concerned that I might have a nightshade vegetable sensitivity. This has proved that I don't. My former joint pain and inflammation was apparently attributable to the grains, seed oils, sugar etc.

Lowcarb4me is offline Junior Member
    I can't believe I read the whole thing! I always seems to zero in on the longest threads when I join a new forum.

I am almost convinced to try this. I'm severely metabolic resistant, my C-peptide is 4.2 and I gain weight even eating salads, steaks and juicing I'm a mess.

Any cautions (didn't see any so far) for those that are very insulin resistant?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowcarb4me View Post
    I can't believe I read the whole thing! I always seems to zero in on the longest threads when I join a new forum.

I am almost convinced to try this. I'm severely metabolic resistant, my C-peptide is 4.2 and I gain weight even eating salads, steaks and juicing I'm a mess.

Any cautions (didn't see any so far) for those that are very insulin resistant?
    Buy yourself a $20 glucose tester and 50 test strips. Check your fasting blood glucose and then every 30 minutes after eating a normal meal. Do this again when eating potatoes. If you see your level go to 180 and stay there for more than 30 minutes, you don't want to try the potato diet, you need to get to a doctor quickly and ask for a 2 or 4 hour glucose tolerance test.

Your blood sugar levels should fall to your fasting levels within 2 hours after eating, if they don't it indicates serious insulin resistance and diabetes/pre-diabetes.

Good luck!

Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast