Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 70

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Otzi, I had previously been using collagen peptide with aminos. Right now I only have on hand the plain collagen peptide and have not been taking it regularly. Do you think collagen peptide with aminos would be helpful for people during their potato fast?
    No idea. Sorry.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    If it was that simple to loose only fat everyone would just take some BCAA and nothing else for days.

There's so much more to fat loss than that.
    You can't tell someone "I can miraculously tell all you lost was fat" without taking measurement, without even the person posting a PICTURE.

Well, it makes sense since it's a person who tried the strategy YOU advocate.
    I find it quite disturbing though.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    If it was that simple to loose only fat everyone would just take some BCAA and nothing else for days.

There's so much more to fat loss than that.
    You can't tell someone "I can miraculously tell all you lost was fat" without taking measurement, without even the person posting a PICTURE.

Well, it makes sense since it's a person who tried the strategy YOU advocate.
    I find it quite disturbing though.
    You should study this guy: Antoine-Augustin Parmentier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know, now how he felt!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Eating only BCAA is not simple. I have known since early on in my journey, well once I found MDA I also found the guy that fasted for over a year. And while I know this in the back of my mind, that all I have to do is take some supplements and drink water... I still can not wrap my brain around it enough to actually do it. It is just not that simple.

My 48 hour fasts are hard enough for me, and even then it was not absolute. I still had CO, broth and a little kraut.

JMO
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    What you described is a sure way to put on pounds in a hurry! If you can't get full on the world's most satiating food (according to some studies), then you may have other issues going on. If you start again on Monday, have an energency supply of carrot sticks, sweet peppers, broccolli, cauliflower, etc.. on hand to stave off the munchies until you can go straight potatoes.

Doing a massive carb-up and then eating a big fatty meal will not work in anyone's world!
    Well when I was eating CW healthy I was seriously always hungry, like there wasn't a moment in the day that you couldn't put a full meal in front of me and I'd eat it, apart from maybe 20 to 30 minutes after a full meal, I'd often wake up early coz I was hungry and I never really felt satisfied.
    I think maybe carbs just don't make me feel satisfied, which is not the same as full, I can get full just drinking 2l of water for about 10 minutes till it all comes out again.
    Maybe I should stick to IF and lower carb? Or I might give raw a go as a hack for a week? Or just make my own restriction diet up, like, only HB eggs and raw veggies.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Hm, it depends on the person gopintos.
    Eating only BCAA is actually quite easy when you have a past of former anorexia nervosa sufferer, OCD or just a tendency to have a huge self control and dedication.

And I can tell you for a fact that calories restriction, even with high protein, even with BCAA, don't make you loose only fat.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Well, after 2 days on the all-potato diet, I'm calling it quits for now. Not because the scale didn't cooperate (it did, I'm down 4 lbs), not because I'm bored to death (I have eaten many boring meals for years), not because I'm allergic to them. (Although my blood sugar did drop to 3.8 or 68.4, the lowest I've seen it in years.) No, it's because I hurt my ribs freezer diving, and have had to take it easy, including sleeping in a chair. For me, the experiment is unfinished, but successful to date. Maybe when my sleeping improves, I'll try it again.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Well when I was eating CW healthy I was seriously always hungry, like there wasn't a moment in the day that you couldn't put a full meal in front of me and I'd eat it, apart from maybe 20 to 30 minutes after a full meal, I'd often wake up early coz I was hungry and I never really felt satisfied.
    I think maybe carbs just don't make me feel satisfied, which is not the same as full, I can get full just drinking 2l of water for about 10 minutes till it all comes out again.
    Maybe I should stick to IF and lower carb? Or I might give raw a go as a hack for a week? Or just make my own restriction diet up, like, only HB eggs and raw veggies.
    Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.

Or maybe you could just eat Primally and stop being distracted by "hacks". Or you could do the cabbage soup diet. My friend's Mom lost ten pounds on that.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.

Or maybe you could just eat Primally and stop being distracted by "hacks". Or you could do the cabbage soup diet. My friend's Mom lost ten pounds on that.
    lol....missed you paleobird. Actually I stopped pissing on this parade a while back cause it seemed futile. Even good ole choco and pklopp threw in their piece. Ah, well....seems if people are desperate enough they will grasp at anything. This just seems beyond silly (biologically) to me. BTW there ARE worse things in the world than eating just potatoes for a week or two....but nothing that I would confront willingly.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-28-2012 at 04:24 PM.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    otzi, my friend who had such great success with 2 wks on taters lost 3 more lbs since continuing with primal foods.
    She said she believes your tater fast really "punched up" her metabolism, plus she started a walking program and loves that.

She was burning fat fairly good before, had been primal for about 3 months, but anniversary trip coming up and she wanted to lose faster. This past week she's been low cals/carbs and it's really paying off. She looks so great and now has many friends as tater followers.

Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast