Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 7

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    just a shame fat is out, I could live on oven baked potato wedges for ever, but would need a tablespoon of olive oil to get them going.

I have eaten 3lbs of spuds today, some baked, some wedged and dry fried in spices, others as a sort of hash brown, some just boiled with a little tomato sauce, and then the rest of the boiled ones fried with a little onion and more spice, had to fry them for a while with no oil, but they tasted ok.

Currently got another pan on ready for tomorrow. According to cronometer, 3 lbs of spuds is only around 1000-1100 cals, so I could eat quite a few more.........and I just might
    Last edited by PureFunctionalFitness; 10-08-2012 at 09:44 AM.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Hey Otzi,

Since you said that white rice is almost (but not quite) as good as potatoes, what do you think of doing a mix of potatoes and rice? Having that tiny bit of variety might make the idea more palatable to some. However, if the point is satiety due to eating only one thing, then this might actually backfire.

One of my favorite ways to cook white rice is to add some salt and fresh lime juice (and red pepper flakes if I'm in the mood for something spicy).

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeezerlemon View Post
    hey,

Thank you for the great post. i am going to experiment with this. It really has come at the perfect time as i have been set a challenge to drop bf and gain lean tissue on a budget diet. i am currenty 200lb at 6ft 2 and approx15 % bf. I am going to supplement with vit d,creatine and bcaas, i have fish oil but im guessing thats a no go for 10 days? would you reccommend to stilltrain hard for the duration of the 10 days or stick to modeate intensity bw moves?

Many thanks
    I don't know. If you are exercising so hard it will require several days of recovery on a normal diet, then I would say no. But if you are just doing 'grease the groove' type stuff that you can do every day without worrying about recovery, then yes. I think you will have to be the judge, if you are eating just potatoes and hit a wall in workouts, then it clearly isn't working.

cheffy is offline Member
    Started yesterday with 2lbs of taters. Either my digital scale is broken, or fat loss+water gain equaled out to me weighing EXACTLY the same as yesterday, 151.8 lbs.

Gonna keep trying this out, can't give up after only one day haha

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    I ate some of tomorrows spuds, probably 4lbs today. Enjoyed them. Might do a mix of spuds and rice, just for variation, although after day1 I feel confident that I can continue for the 10 days. Funny, I have trouble sticking to a lot of 'important' things in life, but when it comes to just sticking to a bland diet for a while, I have no problem....most odd!

Rice with a little soy sauce and perhaps dry fried with some garlic and red pepper might be pleasant

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
    Rice with a little soy sauce and perhaps dry fried with some garlic and red pepper might be pleasant
    When I make rice in the rice cooker, I leave it in a bit longer than you are supposed to, gives it a crispy skin. Dry pan frying with spices would do same, sounds good.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    Started yesterday with 2lbs of taters. Either my digital scale is broken, or fat loss+water gain equaled out to me weighing EXACTLY the same as yesterday, 151.8 lbs.

Gonna keep trying this out, can't give up after only one day haha
    You will know for sure after 3 days that you are losing. Then it's giddy excitement weighing every morning and seeing a lower number. 1 or 2 pounds says nothing because a big glass of water or a big dump can weigh 1 or 2 pounds, but 10 pounds in 2 weeks is hard to explain away. Keep us posted.

merryish is offline Senior Member
    This thread is so crackheaded. I love it. I'm seriously thinking of trying it out. I've never been able to resist an experiment.

What kind of vinegar do you use on the potatoes? Is there some special kind of cooking vinegar to look for? (I've always loved salt & vinegar chips to distraction.)

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    This is my first time trying photobucket, so bear with me. God forbid I should post something that I'll regret the rest of my darned life.

Here is my 'photo album' of Day 1 of the Potato Project and 1 "before" photo which was taken in the summer 2011. As you can see, there's some serious fat-busting still needed but I'm on it!

I started my morning with 'grated, grilled potatoes' --- I believe they are called Latki ?? Anyway, they were delicious and my husband had Laki with bacon on the side. Just came back from a 10mile walk.

Here's link to the photos. Hopefully we'll see some changes over the next week or so. /Lou

Pictures by Lou655 - Photobucket
    Last edited by Louisa655; 10-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You look great already, Louisa.

Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast