Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 69

ginib is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day four almost complete. Down another pound this morning for 5 lbs. in 3 days. Planning on going a few more days. I made potato soup tonight. Boiled a couple of russets, skin on, in chicken stock with some onion, rosemary and a bay leaf. Then I threw it all in the food processor to smooth it out. Not bad. Trader Joe's has a great "everyday seasoning" that I've used a number of times.

I've been pretty satisfied most of the time tho last night I started having some cravings. Talked myself into a bowl of rice with green onion and cilantro instead.

We're having people over tomorrow night for a book study and potluck. Not exactly sure how I'll handle that. I think it would be best to fill up before they get here and try to avoid temptation. Not sure I want to explain to the whole group that all I'm eating is taters and I don't want to give in to the treats some of them will probably bring.
    Gini

SW - 273 - 2002 pre gastric bypass (BPD-DS)
    SW - Aug. 2, 2011 - 178
    SW - Nov 1, 2011 - 168.5
    CW - 160
    GW - 157
    5' 6"
    50 something female

Day 3 potato feast - down 5 lbs

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Ended the great potato experiment yesterday, with dinner on day 6. I had actually been up 0.6 lb in the morning, which was rather surprising. The first meal was pretty good sized: rib steak, mushrooms, peppers, lots of wine, a piece of fudge and a chocolate/caramel/pecan thing. This morning I was down 1.6 lb.

Total lost in nearly 6 full days of potato only (there was perhaps 1/3 cup of rice in the last 2 tato evenings, plus close to 2 cups of bone broth over the week) is -3.6 lb. Not as dramatic as some, but I am within 10-15 lb of where I'm aiming. The big test of the worth of this tato week will be how it plays out over the next week or two. Was it merely a caloric restricted crash diet, or a kickstart to get rolling toward my goal?

Of note, hubby, who ended early with a normal dinner on day 4, has dropped more weight since ending. He went from 162.5 to 156. Rather decent.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-27-2012 at 09:24 PM.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 completed.

Weight is identical, 85.0 kg. It's actually rare for me to be that consistent but have been exactly 85.0 for almost a week.

Normally my weight bounces around a little, 84 to 86. Weird to see it exactly the same, even after a day of nothing but taters.

I'll continue today, see how it goes...

AC

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ginib View Post
    Day four almost complete. Down another pound this morning for 5 lbs. in 3 days.
    Really good! You got your money's worth!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I cracked last night on the 1st full day that wasn't nearly all fasting
    I had baked taters for breakfast with some paprika and tomata purre, 2 large sweet potatoes cubed and dry fried with cinamin and other such stuff, then a massive plate full of wedges with caynee, chilli, cumin, turmeric about 10 ml of EVOO bakes, ate all that and was still soo hungry so ate a plate of fried pork mince with eggs and cheese - only managed about half of it before I was stuffed though, so prob about half a pound of meat and an egg and some cheese. So I'll eat normally today (already had the left over pork for breakfast) then try another day of potatoes on Monday, as I have plenty left to eat.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I think you both did exactly what was predicted: .5 - 1 pound of weightloss per day. I can say with reasonable certainty it was mostly fat, not water or muscle.

Good job...next time will be even easier since you've seen it work--easier mentally, that is.
    How can you seriously guess that ?
    It makes no sense...
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Day 4 down 1/2 pound to 147.5. Haven't had normal elimination, though, for two days, so may lose a bit more if things ever "move along."

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginib View Post
    I've been pretty satisfied most of the time tho last night I started having some cravings. Talked myself into a bowl of rice
    This happened to me also. Not cravings but didnt want a tator, and I had made some rice so that was ready & waiting in the frig, and it really hit the spot & saved me. DH will eat rice for breakfast w/o thinking twice about it. Well once we got past the "I thought you said I shouldnt eat carbs" thing.

Everyone is doing great!

We had family dinner yesterday, so I am staying off the scale today. I didnt do too badly but I did not do too "goodly" either. Plus I was up until after 2am so that won't help either.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    I cracked last night on the 1st full day that wasn't nearly all fasting
    I had baked taters for breakfast with some paprika and tomata purre, 2 large sweet potatoes cubed and dry fried with cinamin and other such stuff, then a massive plate full of wedges with caynee, chilli, cumin, turmeric about 10 ml of EVOO bakes, ate all that and was still soo hungry so ate a plate of fried pork mince with eggs and cheese - only managed about half of it before I was stuffed though, so prob about half a pound of meat and an egg and some cheese. So I'll eat normally today (already had the left over pork for breakfast) then try another day of potatoes on Monday, as I have plenty left to eat.
    What you described is a sure way to put on pounds in a hurry! If you can't get full on the world's most satiating food (according to some studies), then you may have other issues going on. If you start again on Monday, have an energency supply of carrot sticks, sweet peppers, broccolli, cauliflower, etc.. on hand to stave off the munchies until you can go straight potatoes.

Doing a massive carb-up and then eating a big fatty meal will not work in anyone's world!

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Otzi, I had previously been using collagen peptide with aminos. Right now I only have on hand the plain collagen peptide and have not been taking it regularly. Do you think collagen peptide with aminos would be helpful for people during their potato fast?

Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast