Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 66

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeks333 View Post
    So excited to start this on Monday! I am currently paleo but going to try my hand in the tater fast in order to lose the last stubborn 5lbs. Has anyone been taking measurements as well to monitor fat loss or has everyone just been weighing in on the scale? I am so curious to sere how I will do on this as I am in ketosis right now.
    Actually I just thought to measure this morning. I measure every Monday so based on my recorded measurements then, I am down a half inch each on waist and abdomen and a quarter inch off each upper thigh.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Mom, I've just always read that eating breakfast first thing in the morning and avoiding fasting will help heal adrenal/thyroid issues so your adrenal glands don't have to work overtime to provide brain glucose via gluconeogenesis. Also, supposedly, helps boost your temps by eating something right off the bat. This is what I've been reading on Whole 180 Health Source ? Or whatever that site is. ;-) I suuuspect I have adrenal/thyroid issues based on a lot of factors (getting a thermometer this weekend,) so I've been introducing more carbs, up to 100-150g net carbs a day. I feel SO much better already, my appetite is more controlled, I don't feel as spacey, and I get super pumped for my workouts again. Granted, I've been doing low-carb for a WHILE now, so it isn't the "low-carb flu". After eating just all potatoes for one day, I felt loads better. Since then, I've been doing lower fat (50-60g) and moderate carb/protein this week... A lot of tuna and eggs, sweet potatoes, brown bananas, yummy kefir, squash, carrots. I think it's totally possible for people to lose fat on a "higher" carb version of the paleo diet, given their activity levels/hormones.

Fascinating how much your temperatures can dictate how much weight you hold on to. I had no idea!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    I can't read through 60 pages of comments, forgive me if this has been addressed; is drinking ACV okay to do with this? Not on the potatoes, as a morning drink.
    ACV is fine in any form while doing the potato-feast! If you haven't tried it sprinkled on potatoes, it's wonderful! Drinking is fine, too.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    ACV? Apple cider vinegar?

Regarding the measurement thing, I'm going to be tracking with Biggly software; if my Biggly Body Index goes up, it's all good

AC

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone determined conclusively whether sweet potato can be substituted once in a while in place of true potatoes? I have one large one left in the fridge but don't want to mess up my results. It would seem like a huge variation from regular potato and a welcome break from the "potatony" of endless taters.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    ACV? Apple cider vinegar?
    yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Has anyone determined conclusively whether sweet potato can be substituted once in a while in place of true potatoes? I have one large one left in the fridge but don't want to mess up my results. It would seem like a huge variation from regular potato and a welcome break from the "potatony" of endless taters.
    I think if you ate 1 or 2 sweet potatoes during the time you are on mostly potatoes, it would be fine. No real science or experiences to back that up. I only know that just regular potatoes work for sure, but some rice and sweet potatoes shouldn't make a huge difference.

So I have been skimming this... and here is my question. I did paleo/primal for 6 months, have been off for 2 months. I have just started back paleo, because I have noticed an increase in fat on my semi-SAD. Is this fast something you have to have been doing paleo for some time to get the best results from the fast?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by healthyphysique View Post
    So I have been skimming this... and here is my question. I did paleo/primal for 6 months, have been off for 2 months. I have just started back paleo, because I have noticed an increase in fat on my semi-SAD. Is this fast something you have to have been doing paleo for some time to get the best results from the fast?
    Definitely not! This works for the SADdest of eaters as well as vegans, paleos, and primals.

Thanks Otzi, I just may try this to jump start, so I am not SAD tempted, then continue with the primal after 10 days of taters. Just to experiment.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by healthyphysique View Post
    Thanks Otzi, I just may try this to jump start, so I am not SAD tempted, then continue with the primal after 10 days of taters. Just to experiment.
    That's the best attitude. If you find it totally miserable or you gain weight after 2 days--quit. Nothing lost.

Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast