Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 65

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Potato Power Day 2. Down one pound to 148. Haven't been under 150 in probably 12-15 years.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    before and after pics of your overall weight loss
    I had to go back to find Otzi's pics. Awesome job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Potato Power Day 2. Down one pound to 148. Haven't been under 150 in probably 12-15 years.
    That is fantastic!!

DH, though not doing all tators, is down 3.4 this week. I have added more tators in his diet, less fat. He had white rice the previous two mornings. This morning I gave him steak (5oz) and 2 eggs. I told him he really should have about 4 eggs, and I just got "the look". THe look that says, "I have told you a million times I do not want to eat eggs because of high cholesterol! Are you purposely trying to kill me??!!" So I tried to nip that look in the bud, and I said again... "Eggs are good for you." and then I proceeded to say something I had not said before, which was..."how many years have you not eaten eggs and yet your cholesterol is STILL HIGH? It's not from eggs" Then I got a different look. A look of like.. "hmmmmm maybe she is on to something"
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

ginib is offline Member
    Day two went well. Down another 1.5 this a.m. That's 4 lbs. in 2 days. Excellent! I had dinner last night at a Mexican place and opted for a double side of rice and some back beans. Ate all the rice, which tasted like it may have had some butter, lime and cilantro and about 2 spoonfuls of the beans. Delicious! I had a couple of red skins later in the evening with balsamic vinegar and ended up with some heartburn. Also some shin cramping, not that I know either are connected to the taters. I read that potatoes are higher in potassium than bananas, so the cramping surprised me.

gopintos - I've had that same conversation with my DH about eggs. Since I had WLS, my system is built differently and I can't absorb everything I eat. It also means I don't absorb calcium and vitamins A&D, so I do need to supplement. On the other hand, fats are my friend and I can eat all the bacon and eggs I want without any adverse effects. I was able to go off all my meds 3 weeks after my surgery do in part to better eating.

I plan on doing the potato feast until Monday at this point in time. Need to stop and get more taters after work.
    Last edited by ginib; 10-26-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Gini

SW - 273 - 2002 pre gastric bypass (BPD-DS)
    SW - Aug. 2, 2011 - 178
    SW - Nov 1, 2011 - 168.5
    CW - 160
    GW - 157
    5' 6"
    50 something female

Day 3 potato feast - down 5 lbs

Keeks333 is offline Junior Member
    So excited to start this on Monday! I am currently paleo but going to try my hand in the tater fast in order to lose the last stubborn 5lbs. Has anyone been taking measurements as well to monitor fat loss or has everyone just been weighing in on the scale? I am so curious to see how I will do on this as I am in ketosis right now.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I'm in on Monday. Feeling a little fluffy, and this is no time for a W30.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quick update:
    Befor feast 134.2 lbs
    Day 1: 133.4 lbs
    Day 2: 130.6 lbs
    Morning of day 3 potato feast:
    morning weight 132.2 lbs (up 2 lbs from yesterday but still down 2 lbs from start) / Morning temp 98.3 degrees.
    So not sure if it's just a glycogen water weight gain/ My normal water weight gain issues/ or that I put too much salt on my potatoes yesterday But I will keep going until Sunday and see what happens.

I ended up making 24 mini muffin potato bites which were so good my kids stole a few I dipped in spicy mustard. But i salted the taters quite a bit so probably made a big impact on the water weight gain.

I also made some sweet potato "waffles" dry fried and mixed with cinnamon. YUM!!!! It was kind of like a cinnamon roll without the crap and sugar

Primal_jessjane.....I forgot to answer your question on how long it took my temps to rise on the 1 meal a day eating. Honestly I don't journal them consistently so I don't know for sure. I usually just enter some here and there in my cell phone but take them a few times a day. But I do remember that they stayed pretty close to 97 degrees for about 1 week and then started climbing slowly from there. My losing was pretty consistent with the temps. I didn't lose much the first week then I started losing about 2 lbs a week.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I can't read through 60 pages of comments, forgive me if this has been addressed; is drinking ACV okay to do with this? Not on the potatoes, as a morning drink.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Also, why is it that you can eat unlimited vinegar? Doesn't it have simple sugars? I personally would not mind that; in fact, I could just drink vinegar straight without the potato for 14 days and not care. I imagine this would create havoc on my stomach though...
    This may come as a surprise, but vinegar is actually the shortest chain saturated fatty acid coming in at 2 carbons, and beating out formic acid, which although it contains no double bonds between carbons, it also consists of a single carbon "chain" therefore not fitting the definition of saturated fatty acid.

Regardless, carbon chains this short don't play much of a role in metabolism, the limit seems to be around 3 carbons ... things like ketone bodies, pyruvate, lactate, etc.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

ginib is offline Member
    Keeks333 and SophieScreams - Welcome! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how easy this is and how full you feel. I did take some measurements, but it's only been two days for me so I'll wait to report on the change.
    Gini

SW - 273 - 2002 pre gastric bypass (BPD-DS)
    SW - Aug. 2, 2011 - 178
    SW - Nov 1, 2011 - 168.5
    CW - 160
    GW - 157
    5' 6"
    50 something female

Day 3 potato feast - down 5 lbs

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I ended up making 24 mini muffin potato bites which were so good my kids stole a few I dipped in spicy mustard. But i salted the taters quite a bit so probably made a big impact on the water weight gain.

I also made some sweet potato "waffles" dry fried and mixed with cinnamon. YUM!!!! It was kind of like a cinnamon roll without the crap and sugar
    Recipes for both, please? I am doing a potato day tomorrow, and wouldn't mind something new.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast