Page 63 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ginib View Post
    My DH is baffled that all I'm eating is taters...
    I know... I find myself having to back peddle. Who would have thought DH was listening when I was preaching the low carb sermon. I offered him rice for breakfast, yesterday and today and he is like... I thought I was suppose to stay away from carbs?!?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

This forum has definitely peaked my interest........ I am on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    And I can't ever imagine being so desperate to impress the chicks that I would do a human flag-pole!
    Taking a comment on a diet to a personal attack - interesting.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Taking a comment on a diet to a personal attack - interesting.
    You know I was just joking! I love your posts and am extremely jealous of that flag-pole thing! Reminds me of my hero, Al Kavadlo.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ginib View Post
    Day one complete. Down 2.5 lbs this a.m. My DH is baffled that all I'm eating is taters, but I feel that I need to clean my system from the sugars and over processed foods I've been eating lately. This is a good solution for me and will allow me to get back to eating primal when I choose to end the Tater Feast.
    Good job! I know what you mean, my wife was like, 'what's for supper?' I'm like 'uh, just potatoes for me.' She's like, 'I thought you didn't eat potatoes.'

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I know... I find myself having to back peddle. Who would have thought DH was listening when I was preaching the low carb sermon. I offered him rice for breakfast, yesterday and today and he is like... I thought I was suppose to stay away from carbs?!?
    Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayner View Post
    This forum has definitely peaked my interest........ I am on day 1.
    Welcome! Report back.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Congrats to you as well. I am having breakfast now of homemade hash browns seasoned with ancho chile powder and smoked paprika. Spicy!
    Hashbrowns in the morning are perfect, are they not! After eating them dry-cooked, I don't want greasy hashbrowns ever again.

Bro got cocky and threw down a challenge that I couldn't do this potato thing as long as him, and I'm nothing if not painfully competitive, so it is ON. I ate nothing but 3.5lb of potatoes yesterday. Just had three baked potatoes for lunch. It hasn't been so bad, really. I don't even care if I lose weight. This is for HONOR.

In all honesty, he'll probably beat me, because he's opted for the no-exercise route, whereas I will be continuing with Crossfit because explaining to my coaches that I'm on a potato diet sounds worse than actually being on a potato diet.

Full disclosure: one day in, and I've lost two pounds.

So I got my scale last night. I will be starting taters tomorrow morning.

My height: 5' 11.5" (182 cm)

Starting weight: 212 lbs (96 kg)

Body temperature lying in bed before getting up this morning: 96.8 degF (I think it was this low because I didn't have enough blankets last night; I felt cold when I woke up)

30 minutes post-waking: 98.0 degF

after breakfast, 60 minutes post-waking: 98.6 degF

I will post my starting body measurements, and estimated % body fat calculated from them, when I go home tonight. I plan to update every day until I have completed a 25-lb potato feast, however many days that takes.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Body temperature lying in bed before getting up this morning: 96.8 degF (I think it was this low because I didn't have enough blankets last night; I felt cold when I woke up)

30 minutes post-waking: 98.0 degF

after breakfast, 60 minutes post-waking: 98.6 degF
    I have been trying to take mine faithfully. This morning I thought I woke up dead. It was 96.5 ... but it was 4:30am also.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    Just started the potato feast yesterday. This is how it has gone so far.

My temps before the feast have been consistently staying around 97.8 to 98.2 upon rising. I eat one meal per day at about 1200 to 1400 calories normally (since July). I have not lost any weight for about 4 weeks now. I typically fluctuate between 130 lbs and 133 lbs.

*Sunday before feast - 132.2 9:00 am/ temp 97.9 (Did Bikram yoga for the first time in over a year so I believe I have some serious swelling)
    *Monday 1st day of potato feast - 135 lbs 6:00 am/ temp 97.7 (walked slowly for about 30-45 minutes)
    *Tuesday 2nd day of potato feast - 134.4 lbs 6:00 am/ temp 98.0 (I am really swollen and sore from Bikram still but going to go again tonight)
    I have to say I felt fine other than the sore joints and muscles from yoga. I was not loving the potatos though. It was REALLY hard for me to choke them down.
    I dry fried about 1 lb of skinned russets and put salt and a little hot sauce on them. They were mildly enjoyable for about the first half of the plate then I felt really naseous and found myself making the face my kids make when they are forced to eat peas:P While I was eating the fried potatos I boiled 1.5 lbs of small white ones. Then added mustard, salt, and pepper. It kind of reminded me of a potato salad. I struggled to eat about half of them and decided to save the rest for later. I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat any more potatos but was still only at about 600 calories for the day. So I ate half of a banana (I know too much fructose) and about 10 macadamia nuts (I know too much fat but I was worried I was too low in calories). I also couldn't give up the half n half in my coffee. So I probably had about 3-4 tblsp of half and half. After entering all of my calories into paleo tracker I only was able to hit about 900 calories. Too low for my comfort level but I was done eating and couldn't even think about putting another potato near my mouth. I really want to try the potato feast for at least 3 to 5 days but am finding that since I am not a huge fan of them in the first place it may become increasingly more difficult. I will see how today and tomorrow goes at the very least. I may try to give up on the half and half tomorrow if I still am not losing. Hope everyone else is doing well
    So I attached my quote for a better idea of what the situation is with me.
    I seriously failed on my first attempt with the potato feast.
    After my first day of banana/potato/macadamia nuts under 900 calories I really struggled the next day. I was ravenous. I don't know if it was the banana or what but I could not eat enough. I am never hungry in the mornings anymore. I usually only eat one meal so my body is totally used to not eating until 5ish. But I had absolutely no control over my hunger and ended up eating way too much that second day. No potatos at all.
    So my new strategy consists of not eating 1 meal per day. But rather trying a more traditional eating style while on the potato feast. Since carbs are less filling and obviously digest faster my body needs to eat more often. So I started again yesterday. With this new way of doing it.

Here how its gone so far:
    Tuesday before feast: Weight 134.2 morning temp - 98.3
    Wednesday day 1 of feast:
    Morning weight: 133.4 lbs Morning temp: 98.1
    -Found a new use for my waffle maker Made dry fried waffle hashbrowns with 3 med. red potatos/vinegar/chile powder/ salt and pepper (actually was kinda good
    -One large sweet potato nuked then skinned and eaten with salt and vinegar.
    -3 Russets baked then skinned with salt and vinegar and mashed.
    Probably was only about 800 calories.

Thursday Day 2:
    Morning weight: 130.6 lbs/ Morning temp 98.3
    - Made dry fried waffle hashbrowns with 3 med. red potatos/vinegar/chile powder/ salt and pepper.
    -One large sweet potato nuked then skinned and eaten with salt and vinegar.
    -Lemon and hot water to try to alleviate bloating.
    -For dinner I will probably have 3 Russets waffle hashbrown style with vin/ chile pwdr/ salt/ pepper.

Now even with a loss of 3 to 4 lbs, because I fluctuate so much water weight-wise (adrenal issues)I am not gonna call it a win until I actually break through my plateua of 130 lbs. I can fluctuate 3+ lbs in 24 hours depending on my stress level and sodium/ potassium intake and losses through exercise. So.........not bad so far but still not gonna jump for joy yet.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals