Page 63 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 63

ginib is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day one complete. Eating my hash brown breakfast now. I kept it very simple yesterday, coffee with Truvia, lots of water, potatoes, vinegars and spices. Down 2.5 lbs this a.m. I felt fairly full most of the day and nuked a redskin at 10:30 p.m. when I was having cravings. I don't have long term goals as far as how many days I will do this. For now I'm in a one day at a time mode and for today, I will do this again. I did seem to lose steam at the end of my Zumba class last night, but it might have been due to the heat and humidity in the room. My DH is baffled that all I'm eating is taters, but I feel that I need to clean my system from the sugars and over processed foods I've been eating lately. This is a good solution for me and will allow me to get back to eating primal when I choose to end the Tater Feast.
    Gini

SW - 273 - 2002 pre gastric bypass (BPD-DS)
    SW - Aug. 2, 2011 - 178
    SW - Nov 1, 2011 - 168.5
    CW - 160
    GW - 157
    5' 6"
    50 something female

Day 3 potato feast - down 5 lbs

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginib View Post
    My DH is baffled that all I'm eating is taters...
    I know... I find myself having to back peddle. Who would have thought DH was listening when I was preaching the low carb sermon. I offered him rice for breakfast, yesterday and today and he is like... I thought I was suppose to stay away from carbs?!?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Jayner is offline Member
    This forum has definitely peaked my interest........ I am on day 1.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    And I can't ever imagine being so desperate to impress the chicks that I would do a human flag-pole!
    Taking a comment on a diet to a personal attack - interesting.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Taking a comment on a diet to a personal attack - interesting.
    You know I was just joking! I love your posts and am extremely jealous of that flag-pole thing! Reminds me of my hero, Al Kavadlo.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ginib View Post
    Day one complete. Down 2.5 lbs this a.m. My DH is baffled that all I'm eating is taters, but I feel that I need to clean my system from the sugars and over processed foods I've been eating lately. This is a good solution for me and will allow me to get back to eating primal when I choose to end the Tater Feast.
    Good job! I know what you mean, my wife was like, 'what's for supper?' I'm like 'uh, just potatoes for me.' She's like, 'I thought you didn't eat potatoes.'

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I know... I find myself having to back peddle. Who would have thought DH was listening when I was preaching the low carb sermon. I offered him rice for breakfast, yesterday and today and he is like... I thought I was suppose to stay away from carbs?!?
    Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayner View Post
    This forum has definitely peaked my interest........ I am on day 1.
    Welcome! Report back.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    Congrats to you as well. I am having breakfast now of homemade hash browns seasoned with ancho chile powder and smoked paprika. Spicy!
    Hashbrowns in the morning are perfect, are they not! After eating them dry-cooked, I don't want greasy hashbrowns ever again.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Bro got cocky and threw down a challenge that I couldn't do this potato thing as long as him, and I'm nothing if not painfully competitive, so it is ON. I ate nothing but 3.5lb of potatoes yesterday. Just had three baked potatoes for lunch. It hasn't been so bad, really. I don't even care if I lose weight. This is for HONOR.

In all honesty, he'll probably beat me, because he's opted for the no-exercise route, whereas I will be continuing with Crossfit because explaining to my coaches that I'm on a potato diet sounds worse than actually being on a potato diet.

Full disclosure: one day in, and I've lost two pounds.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    So I got my scale last night. I will be starting taters tomorrow morning.

My height: 5' 11.5" (182 cm)

Starting weight: 212 lbs (96 kg)

Body temperature lying in bed before getting up this morning: 96.8 degF (I think it was this low because I didn't have enough blankets last night; I felt cold when I woke up)

30 minutes post-waking: 98.0 degF

after breakfast, 60 minutes post-waking: 98.6 degF

I will post my starting body measurements, and estimated % body fat calculated from them, when I go home tonight. I plan to update every day until I have completed a 25-lb potato feast, however many days that takes.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Body temperature lying in bed before getting up this morning: 96.8 degF (I think it was this low because I didn't have enough blankets last night; I felt cold when I woke up)

30 minutes post-waking: 98.0 degF

after breakfast, 60 minutes post-waking: 98.6 degF
    I have been trying to take mine faithfully. This morning I thought I woke up dead. It was 96.5 ... but it was 4:30am also.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 63 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast