Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 6

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Personally I wouldn't really be able to keep this up, not for lack of will but because I live with my gf and we eat together a lot, she's on board with the primal diet, but it'd be tough to sell this one especially for the duration it requires. If I lived alone I would probably give it a shot for 7 days and see if another week was worth it.

Regarding some comments about not being able to do this because of the boring aspect of it or the lack of variety in the diet, read this if you have some time, Stefansson 1 - Eskimos Prove An All Meat Diet Provides Excellent Health. the important part being that all habits can be broken especially if it's an issue of availability. Like Otzi and others have said, once you accept that all you have to eat are potatoes your mind will let go of desiring to eat other foods - even if those are still physically available. If you act as though they're not (and surely this might require a particularly strong will or imagination) you will be at day 14 before you know it. Also recommended is simply not thinking about your diet or food options and instead take the opportunity to free up that space for other thoughts or activities. Your menu is taken care of: potatoes, so instead focus on other stuff, things you want to learn, books you want to read, etc. It's kind of how for those that fast, not having to worry about making breakfast (or whatever) allows for other activities now that the time has been freed up.

Pictures! seeing is believing.
    That's the thing about taters, it's just a side, so we can still eat with the SOs. I found that preparing meals for DH didnt bother me. And for my son didnt bother me. DH doesnt always eat the same, though he tries but some things he just hasnt come around to, like liver, so he is use to us not always eating the same thing. And we aren't always on the same schedule either, so that helps. And even though the all taters started over the weekend, it still really wasnt any big deal. I ate my thing, he ate his.

I guess I need to figure out how to work my phone for pics. Cant find my camera. I do take measurements though, but I guess it isnt the same proof ha.

Great pics purefunctionalfitness. Y'all don't really want to see my befores anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    "10lbs of potatoes isn't going to be enough for both of us this week".
    Awesome! Potato Project, love it!

My DH, was getting hungry and wanted hotdogs. I said...NOOO you can't have a hot dog. He was like why not? I start rattling off things like nitrate. He was like well how about a sausage then. So I went to fix him something, but came back with something to tie him over. I had warmed and quartered a baked tater, with a little cup of bbq sauce in the middle of the plate. The room was sort of dark, we were watching a marathon of SAMCRO, and he looks at it and says, that's not sausage, and I said no it's an appetizer. I started to head back to the kitchen and heard, "well hell, that's a potato! I thought it was apples and caramel dip!" But he ate it all. He does try most things.

The thing I have noticed, I have been up about this same time each night. I use to wake up on and off anyways, getting hot, but usually able to go back to sleep. I havent been getting nearly as hot, I dont think, but unable to go back to sleep. But also, I have been going to bed sooner. About 8:30, so that might be why. Sometimes we get up at 4, so going to bed earlier would push things forward I guess.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    problem is, it's only midday and I will have eaten my suggested 2.5lbs of spuds already. I reckon I need 3.5lbs a day :-)

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    I'll give this a crack

Photos are a good idea, will take some before I start too

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
    problem is, it's only midday and I will have eaten my suggested 2.5lbs of spuds already. I reckon I need 3.5lbs a day :-)
    3.5 lbs of potatoes = Food Log

Total Nutrition
    PureFunctionalFitness: Great photos. I'll post my start pics in an hour or two. I'm likely going to consume 2.5lbs daily. Even if you consume 3.5, it's still not many calories for you. Stats below for:

Custom Nutrition Goals
    NAME AMOUNT UNIT CALS FAT(G) CARBS(G) PROT(G)

White potato 3.5lbs
    1645calories 38grams/fat 307grams/carbs 26grams/prot
    Last edited by Louisa655; 10-08-2012 at 04:43 AM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Yesterday I only had 3. Mine are small, barely 2.5 inches long. I should weigh them but I just track them as "small" But I would eat as many as it took

Anyways.... drum roll please....

-.7 this morning!

The last 4 days have all been new low numbers for me!!

Only 3.5 more pounds and I will have reached my Memorial Day (2012) goal!!

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Yesterday I only had 3. Mine are small, barely 2.5 inches long. I should weigh them but I just track them as "small" But I would eat as many as it took

Anyways.... drum roll please....

-.7 this morning!

The last 4 days have all been new low numbers for me!!

Only 3.5 more pounds and I will have reached my Memorial Day (2012) goal!!
    Nice work, I will post my results daily, and add a photo or two after the 10 days.

I appreciate that this is kind of against the way I feel I should be eating, but the odd hack to get you to where you want to be isn't a bad thing, mixes it up a bit and provides a new focus and interest for a while.

And for those that are plateaued, it might be a useful experiment, thanks to Otzi for sharing it, it's gonna be a fun few days.

I'm off to Turkey for a week to catch some sun in a fortnight, I hope the 6 pack will be firmly on show after this spudfest

msfish is offline Junior Member
    How about taking the supplement -Cod Liver Oil? Is that not allowed since it is oil/fat?

Quote Originally Posted by msfish View Post
    How about taking the supplement -Cod Liver Oil? Is that not allowed since it is oil/fat?
    I'm taking it, can't see it being much of an issue in such a small quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
    I appreciate that this is kind of against the way I feel I should be eating, but the odd hack to get you to where you want to be isn't a bad thing, mixes it up a bit and provides a new focus and interest for a while.

And for those that are plateaued, it might be a useful experiment, thanks to Otzi for sharing it, it's gonna be a fun few days.
    I agree. And for 7 months, I have made this more of a lifestyle than diet. The 3 months prior were shifting into a lifestyle and still trying to not call it a diet. When I settled into more of maintenance type macros (higher fat, mod. protein, lower carbs) weight loss was crawling. At that rate, it would happen but it would take YEARS! So it was time for a drastic shake up. I do sort of feel more like this is a diet, but in a way, that is a relief. Actually, I sort of feel more about the same as I do when I am fasting. I just know that I need to do "this" for "x" period of time. It's not forever.

If I find it doesnt stay off, at least I will know. If it works, I just consider it a little tweak is all. One more trick in my little bag that I can use when I need to.

Squeezerlemon is offline Junior Member

losing the pot belly while eating the tatoes and lifting heavy?

hey,

Thank you for the great post. i am going to experiment with this. It really has come at the perfect time as i have been set a challenge to drop bf and gain lean tissue on a budget diet. i am currenty 200lb at 6ft 2 and approx15 % bf. I am going to supplement with vit d,creatine and bcaas, i have fish oil but im guessing thats a no go for 10 days? would you reccommend to stilltrain hard for the duration of the 10 days or stick to modeate intensity bw moves?

Many thanks

Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast