Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 59

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    She invited 4 of us over for brunch and I nearly burst into tears when I saw her come down the walk. She has lost 24 lbs and looks like a model.
    OMG! That is fantastic!!! Almost made me cry

Just have to ask, what was for brunch, tators?! haha
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    No idea how I am going to get enough calories.

I normally eat between 1PM and 8PM and I didn't want to mess with that. I ate 21 ounces of potatoes for lunch and was soooooooooooooooo full. For dinner I'll probably have another 20 ounces. BUT, that will only put me at about 1100 calories for the day. Not much. But I'm not hungry at all.

Oh well, I've got some fat too lose, so I'm not really worried about not getting enough calories. If I'm not hungry, I figure that's my body telling me not too eat.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe I made it! I read the entire thread... It's now 3.22am

*sigh*

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    No idea how I am going to get enough calories.

I normally eat between 1PM and 8PM and I didn't want to mess with that. I ate 21 ounces of potatoes for lunch and was soooooooooooooooo full. For dinner I'll probably have another 20 ounces. BUT, that will only put me at about 1100 calories for the day. Not much. But I'm not hungry at all.

Oh well, I've got some fat too lose, so I'm not really worried about not getting enough calories. If I'm not hungry, I figure that's my body telling me not too eat.

If you have fat to lose, you have built-in calories. That's a universal truth!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    I can't believe I made it! I read the entire thread... It's now 3.22am

*sigh*
    Not sure where in the tropics you are, but if they eat Cassava there, it may work even better than potatoes.

From Wikipedia: Cassava (Manihot esculenta), also called yuca, mogo, manioc, mandioca, tapioca and kamoteng kahoy, a woody shrub of the Euphorbiaceae (spurge family) native to South America, is extensively cultivated as an annual crop in tropical and subtropical regions for its edible starchy, tuberous root, a major source of carbohydrates. It differs from the similarly-spelled yucca, an unrelated fruit-bearing shrub in the Asparagaceae family. Cassava, when dried to a starchy, powdery (or pearly) extract is called tapioca, while its fermented, flaky version is named garri.

Cassava is the third-largest source of food carbohydrates in the tropics.[1][2] Cassava is a major staple food in the developing world, providing a basic diet for around 500 million people.[3] Cassava is one of the most drought-tolerant crops, capable of growing on marginal soils. Nigeria is the world's largest producer of cassava.

Cassava root is a good source of carbohydrates, but a poor source of protein. A predominantly cassava root diet can cause protein-energy malnutrition.[4]

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    OMG! That is fantastic!!! Almost made me cry

Just have to ask, what was for brunch, tators?! haha
    Of course!! LOL. She made a gorgeous vegetable frittata (potatoes, broc, cauli, eggs, onions & goat cheese), turkey sausage, blueberry corn muffins, melon plate and my fave, peach mimosas (She picked and moved food around her plate, probably had 300 cals, at most.)

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I told my brother about this and the "science experiment" aspect of it piqued his interest, and so now he's doing it starting tomorrow. Couple questions:

1. Can he have nutritional yeast?
    2. What are the rules regarding exercise? It's a big caloric deficit and low protein, so would something like HIIT or Crossfit be out of the question?

Goombi is offline Member
    Starting up as well!

These look delicious. Going to try without the oil Crash Hot Potatoes

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Okay, I told my brother about this and the "science experiment" aspect of it piqued his interest, and so now he's doing it starting tomorrow. Couple questions:

1. Can he have nutritional yeast?
    2. What are the rules regarding exercise? It's a big caloric deficit and low protein, so would something like HIIT or Crossfit be out of the question?
    the yeast will be fine, cross-fit not so much. I'd talk him into taking it easy while doing this, everyone needs a break now and then anyway.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goombi View Post
    Starting up as well!

These look delicious. Going to try without the oil Crash Hot Potatoes
    good luck! The crash potatoes probably won't look like the Pioneer Woman's do without the oil, but they will be fine. I just like to eat those little boiled potatoes with some salt--good cold, too.

Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast