Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 58

primalcar is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I'm going to keep going. I figure that even though I messed up last night, I should be able to correct it if I just keep going. This next week really is perfect for eating this way too. No social obligations until November 2 (my sons 2nd Bday). My goal now is to make it to Halloween. That would be 14 days of eating potatoes. I don't think I will weigh myself everyday either, too emotional when I gain a little. Here's to more tater-filled days!

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    I'm going to keep going. I figure that even though I messed up last night, I should be able to correct it if I just keep going. This next week really is perfect for eating this way too. No social obligations until November 2 (my sons 2nd Bday). My goal now is to make it to Halloween. That would be 14 days of eating potatoes. I don't think I will weigh myself everyday either, too emotional when I gain a little. Here's to more tater-filled days!
    Even if you messed up I want to encourage you to just keep going. I've messed up so many times, falling off the weight loss wagon, and when I decided, since I've messed up anyway, I'll give it a rest and start over later, it simply became an open door to disaster. Start from where you are, forgive yourself, forget it and move ahead.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Completed 7 full days of the potato fast. I lost 8.2 lbs. and once I had an attitude adjustment about eating nothing but potatoes, specifically "they're potatoes and it's only for a week, after all I survived pregnancy longer - 9 months and 15 days", I got through it just fine. I hope, if necessary, to give it another go in the future.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Ok, experiment is over for me.

I had my first day at work since starting and I nearly passed out at the table (I work as an OR nurse). When I have to eat and then go scrub up for an operation that takes 4-5 hours, I need protein and fat in my belly to tide me over. I'm sure the spud diet works but not for someone who has to go many hours between meals.

I may well come back to this when I have some days off, or I may look at doing it on weekends instead of weekdays. I certainly can't do it on work days, it just doesn't work with my schedule.
    For some reason, I find a belly full of potatoes keeps me full longer than anything else. Of course, I have been IF'ing for about a year so maybe I've trained myself to go longer without food than others.

In your line of work, you don't want to be distracted by something as silly as this, so definitely eat in a way that makes life easier for you. Good idea to try on the weekends. Thanks for trying! You'll find something that works for you.

primalcar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Even if you messed up I want to encourage you to just keep going. I've messed up so many times, falling off the weight loss wagon, and when I decided, since I've messed up anyway, I'll give it a rest and start over later, it simply became an open door to disaster. Start from where you are, forgive yourself, forget it and move ahead.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I usually let falling off the wagon totally de-rail me so I'm really trying to just keep going this time. If I can last for the full 14 days, I think I will be so proud of myself. The best part is, this has been the easiest diet for me. I'm not super hungry, I'm loving the potatoes, and they totally satisfy my taste buds! I hope today is a better day!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I like starting with a known weight and then calculating the calories based on the entire weight vs how much you ate in one day. Not that it matters, but I think it means more when looking at calories. Good luck! Glad you're in.
    This was my thought as well. The math is much less error-prone if you just take total weight eaten over a longer period rather than trying to calculate daily totals from smaller quantities.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    You guys are all so encouraging! I am doing tators today, and a gazillion times I think oh, just go eat (insert anything other than tators here) and then I get an email message of a new post to the thread.

So that has been very helpful in reminding me of my mission. Just 3 days is all I want. Just get through 1 day first - one day at a time
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Donna* is offline Junior Member
    Day 2 up by 2.4 lbs to 130.8 lbs, posted last night whilst potato dishes were cooking in oven....then I had a portion of baked, a portion of baby potatoes boiled and a portion of potato hot pot (thankfully didn't make latkes otherwise would have had those too). That is the first time in 21 weeks that I have overeaten and made a complete pig of myself. It felt really good! All of it tasted delicious to me. This morning was just disgusted with myself, felt bloated but hungry so had some more potato hot pot. Have felt bloated all day and have wind... sorry TMI...but have managed not to overeat the spuds. Will continue tomorrow but I do have a meal out planned for my daughters birthday. I really believe in this and can't believe that I ate that much in one sitting and sabotaged myself. Congrats to those with great weight loss.. hopefully join you soon
    Last edited by Donna*; 10-23-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    otzi, I have a lovely friend who had 4 babies in 5.5 yrs (!!!) and kept a lot of excess weight on after her last one 3 yrs ago. She's had some luck with weight watchers but still needed to lose 30 lbs. I emailed your tater link to her, she called her dr and he told her it was fine for 2 wks and suggested some vitamins & supplements for her to take everyday.

She ate 3 very large potatoes a day. Morning she would make little tater cakes with nothing but sea salt & org pepper, dry pan, very low heat, while she got her kids their bkfast. Lunch was baked fries with seasoned lemon pepper. Dinner was the 3rd one baked or nuked with vinegar. She said she was full and never felt like she needed a snack in between tater meals. She did this for 2 wks without anything else, not even a tsp of ketchup.. She did have a cup of black coffee when she got up, lots of water thru out the day and a cup of herbal tea plain at night. She walked about 2 miles 4-5 days a week. She had been doing NO specific exercise except playing with her kids & some housework (she has housekeeper) so she thinks the walking helped a lot.

I talked to her/emailed every few days but didn't see her until this morning. She invited 4 of us over for brunch and I nearly burst into tears when I saw her come down the walk. She has lost 24 lbs and looks like a model. Her self esteem and pride in herself is astounding. Her husband was so impressed with her willpower he's changed their 10th wedding anniversary trip to Calif to Hawaii~

So, you've helped folks you don't even know about.. 'til now

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I talked to her/emailed every few days but didn't see her until this morning. She invited 4 of us over for brunch and I nearly burst into tears when I saw her come down the walk. She has lost 24 lbs and looks like a model. Her self esteem and pride in herself is astounding. Her husband was so impressed with her willpower he's changed their 10th wedding anniversary trip to Calif to Hawaii~

So, you've helped folks you don't even know about.. 'til now
    Amazing story! They should change their anniversary trip to Idaho! (That's where they grow potatoes). Thanks for the note.