Page 57 of 109 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 57

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Definitely I find cold potatoes more filling in my tummy than warm. Sometimes I even pour cold water over them after they are cooked if I need to eat them right away. The taste more sweet then, even if it's white potatoes.

If I should try this whole potato-experiment one day, I would not eat all of them with the skin, due to the antinutrients and possibly allergens in it.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Ok, experiment is over for me.

I had my first day at work since starting and I nearly passed out at the table (I work as an OR nurse). When I have to eat and then go scrub up for an operation that takes 4-5 hours, I need protein and fat in my belly to tide me over. I'm sure the spud diet works but not for someone who has to go many hours between meals.

I may well come back to this when I have some days off, or I may look at doing it on weekends instead of weekdays. I certainly can't do it on work days, it just doesn't work with my schedule.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I may well come back to this when I have some days off, or I may look at doing it on weekends instead of weekdays. I certainly can't do it on work days, it just doesn't work with my schedule.
    I am doing something similar. Sort of a zig-zag. I had a few days of upper end of my calorie range which included tators, and now I am going to do 3 days of just tators.

In the last 10 days, I gained a few pounds (any number of reasons but none of which do I think is fat) but I actually lost an inch off the measurement that is 3 inches below my belly button.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Day 6. Up .6 lb. I ate the same as the last few days, just potatoes. I think my body just doesn't want to break the set point to go below 20.45 BF. Plus I'm 50 yrs old, female, so that's probably slowing weight loss. But I'm sticking to this potatoe feast because I still love potatoes and it beats the fat fast I was on the week before. Good losses everyone!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I'm so stupid. I bought 5lbs of potatoes so that I could do a weekly day and a half potato fast but then I started weight lifting so now I'm ravenous for meat. I'm so ravenous for meat I don't think I could tolerate just potatoes. I guess I'll just have to eat the potatoes as a side dish. Meat and potatoes, meat and potatoes. Maybe I'll make a chowder.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Day one complete.

I ate 12 oz of baked potato wedges for lunch and a lb. for dinner. Doused them with tabasco sauce.

I had no issues at all. I wasn't hungry and my energy was good. I am a 34 year old male and I know that everything diet wise seems easier for males, so that could be why. I'm actually looking forward to my lunch today of broiled potato discs.

primalcar is online now Member
    I'm so upset! I was up a pound today so now I've only lost 1.6 pounds in 5 days of potatoes. I screwed up last night though and ate some candy and cheese. I guess that's what I get for cheating. Advice? Should I keep going or should I take a break and resume next week. It's also about to be TOM so I'm feeling very, very bloated. I didn't bring any potatoes with me to work today so if I continue, I'm going to have to go hunt some down. What do you all think?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I carb up on potatoes 1 day a week (Saturday), but I eat a massive load. I restrict calories for the weekdays to 1000 cals, and then load over the weekend.

I think the fact that you nearly with 4-5 hours between the meals indicates that your sugar is not balanced, so I would suggest that you actually avoid sugars and starches in your diet for a bit, sticking to the basic non-starchy veggies and meats for a few weeks to clean the system out. That's said, I do not know your history, but normally 4-5 hrs with no food should be np even on pure starch. Be careful with sugars!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I didn't bring any potatoes with me to work today so if I continue, I'm going to have to go hunt some down. What do you all think?
    If you decide to stick, at least it's easy. Just buy some at a grocery, prick with a fork, wrap in a wet paper towel and zonk for 6-8 min in micro, then let stand for another 10 min or so.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Morning of tato Day 3, and I'm down 1.4 lbs after no change on Day 2. Breakfast tatos were great today, going to add a touch of bone broth to the lunch portion. Aiming for some gym time today too. Energy level is good too.