Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 56

Donna* is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still 128.4 lbs this morning but it hasn't been a full day on potatoes. Have eaten potatoes all day today, and am currently cooking a whole lot more, had thought I would just do this for a couple of days a week. But, apart from a meal out this Wednesday with my daughters I am going to give it my best shot! Can't wait for tomorrow morning to see what the scale says!

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    That's sad to hear. I don't have any advice for you. Better start eating real food and get to feeling better! Thanks for trying so hard, though.[/QUOTE]

I can live with low energy for a couple of days. Tomorrow (end of ) will be a full 7 days. I'll see what happends when I wake up Wed morning. I'm going to try for a full 10 days. Something has to work eventually. Only had success with one diet but I can't really afford it.

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    Sorry all...after a day of mostly potatoes and 2 days of all potatoes, eating anymore potatoes makes me want to throw up. I think I lost about 2 pounds...so I wont say it doesnt work...but I cant eat any more potatoes.

I think I'll eat a light meal of meat and green veggies and maybe a nice pastured egg. Carry on Potato People!
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I'm waiting for my new bathroom scale to arrive (should be here by Wednesday) so I can do an initial weigh-in and measurement before I start. I should be able to begin by Friday.

I plan to buy 25 lbs of potatoes and eat nothing else (drinking nothing but water/mineral water) until they run out. Then I will switch back to normal eating for 2 weeks before evaluating final results and deciding if I want to do another round.

I think I had better wean down the coffee intake starting now so I don't get caffeine headaches later on.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I plan to buy 25 lbs of potatoes and eat nothing else (drinking nothing but water/mineral water) until they run out. Then I will switch back to normal eating for 2 weeks before evaluating final results and deciding if I want to do another round.
    My tator plans went awry with company. But went to the dutch store over the weekend and bought 50# for like 9 bucks, so I need to get to eating them And these tators are waaaay bigger than my others.

I have been incorporating tators in regularly though. And today, I had rice!! I don't even know when I had it last. I have been tracking for over 10 months and it was not even in my tracker, so it has been at least that long but I am thinking even longer cuz I had thought brown rice was the better choice. It was yuuuum yuuum too!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Day one in the bag, no weight loss on the scale but my belly is flat this morning! It wasn't too bad really, although definitely not exciting (I guess that's the point huh?). My partner is doing it with me which helps, but I have a feeling he's going to quit before the 5 days is up, he was already bemoaning the foods he couldn't eat last night!

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    30 potatoes a day!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    No weight change today, the morning of day 2. I may have overdone the vinegar & salt yesterday. I woke no longer bloated. Breakfast and lunch potatoes held me just fine all day, perhaps a pound or so over the 2 meals. I had a lot of energy today, and squeezed in a 30 min brisk walk/slow job at noon. I think hubby was down a pound today.

I pulled out the mandolin for thin slices for dinner, some done in a dry pan (tasty, but the overlap method didn't result in them sticking into one large potato disc, others I oven baked on parchment with seasonings. Potato chips, basically. The get overdone and brown if not watched closely after they start browning, but they're nice soft in the middle too.

Not sure how much I had tonight, as I was sort of eating as I cooked. My guess for the day is somewhere between 2 and 2 1/2 lbs. Feeling bloated post dinner meal.

jacksongirl1 is offline Junior Member
    I know there are no additions like butter or oil, but what about spices like garlic or a dash of horseradish for taste?

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksongirl1 View Post
    I know there are no additions like butter or oil, but what about spices like garlic or a dash of horseradish for taste?
    Garlic, horseradish, raw onion, vinegar, salt, pepper, hot pepper flakes, lemon zest, parsley, even ketchup&mustard...all good, just be sure to use as a light flavoring--don't add so much of anything it turns into a significant portion of the calories.