Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 55

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Shredded potato latkes for brunch with vinegar and salt, very good, but time consuming to make and cook.
    I just made a similar thing but in muffin tins. I put a good scoop of grated potato into each 'hole' and then sprinkled salt and pepper on top. I covered the lot with foil first up until the potato was soft and then uncovered them for about 20 minutes. I ended up with a crispy, brown potato muffin. Very tasty and portable for those of us who have to pack food for work.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap - I am HOT!! I have hypothyroidism so I am super aware of my body temps, having cold hands, feet and nose for example are a sure sign that my T3 is low and I need more meds. I've had maybe a pound of potatoes so far today and I'm roasting! My hands and feet are hot and I'm sweating.

Hooray for the thermogenic powers of starch!
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 10-21-2012 at 10:57 PM.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=primal_jessjane;984119]How are people's energy levels? QUOTE]

My energy levels are really bad. After 3rd day, I"ve been taking 2 + hour naps everyday, along with sleeping very well at nite. Not doing any work outs at all and only gone on 2- 1 hour walks .

Starting day 6 and haven't lost much weight either.

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Morning of Day 5, 1.2 lb loss. Total loss after 4 days of eating potatoes is 3 lbs. Didn't walk or exercise due to the low cals. Yeah!!!

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Ez2cy, how many potatoes do you eat a day? Yay, Beachspirit!

I baked up a sheet of sweet potato fries this morning, about 1.5 medium sized ones. Could definitely eat another 3! ;-)

primalcar is offline Member
    I did really good yesterday and stuck to potatoes! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm up over half a pound this morning...I also feel very bloated. I'm thinking that I'm putting too much sea salt on the potatoes? It could just be by body catching up I'm still at 2.6 pounds in 4 days so that's not terrible, but I was hoping that I would be down again today.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=primal_jessjane;984447]Ez2cy, how many potatoes do you eat a day?

Don't really pay attention. 6 medium sized ones? Gonna buy a food scale and start weighing, although decieded to go on these diets because of not "weighing or calorie " counting. So much for that.

did another 1 hour walk with dog this morning in the cold.

Doing 2x day cold showers. Icing the back of my shoulders for over 1/2 hour each day as well.

Thought I' d have lost more weight but.....
    Last edited by ez2cy; 10-22-2012 at 08:39 AM.

otzi Guest
    [QUOTE=ez2cy;984410]
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    How are people's energy levels? QUOTE]

My energy levels are really bad. After 3rd day, I"ve been taking 2 + hour naps everyday, along with sleeping very well at nite. Not doing any work outs at all and only gone on 2- 1 hour walks .

Starting day 6 and haven't lost much weight either.
    That's sad to hear. I don't have any advice for you. Better start eating real food and get to feeling better! Thanks for trying so hard, though.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    I did really good yesterday and stuck to potatoes! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm up over half a pound this morning...I also feel very bloated. I'm thinking that I'm putting too much sea salt on the potatoes? It could just be by body catching up I'm still at 2.6 pounds in 4 days so that's not terrible, but I was hoping that I would be down again today.
    I, and others, have noted a minimal amount of regain after a few days. Then a big bowel movement comes into play and you're back on track.

primalcar is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I, and others, have noted a minimal amount of regain after a few days. Then a big bowel movement comes into play and you're back on track.
    LOL! Good to know!