Page 55 of 108 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1079

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,527
    Shop Now
    Holy crap - I am HOT!! I have hypothyroidism so I am super aware of my body temps, having cold hands, feet and nose for example are a sure sign that my T3 is low and I need more meds. I've had maybe a pound of potatoes so far today and I'm roasting! My hands and feet are hot and I'm sweating.

    Hooray for the thermogenic powers of starch!
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 10-21-2012 at 09:57 PM.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    332
    [QUOTE=primal_jessjane;984119]How are people's energy levels? QUOTE]

    My energy levels are really bad. After 3rd day, I"ve been taking 2 + hour naps everyday, along with sleeping very well at nite. Not doing any work outs at all and only gone on 2- 1 hour walks .

    Starting day 6 and haven't lost much weight either.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    21
    Morning of Day 5, 1.2 lb loss. Total loss after 4 days of eating potatoes is 3 lbs. Didn't walk or exercise due to the low cals. Yeah!!!

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    584
    Ez2cy, how many potatoes do you eat a day? Yay, Beachspirit!

    I baked up a sheet of sweet potato fries this morning, about 1.5 medium sized ones. Could definitely eat another 3! ;-)

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    50
    I did really good yesterday and stuck to potatoes! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm up over half a pound this morning...I also feel very bloated. I'm thinking that I'm putting too much sea salt on the potatoes? It could just be by body catching up I'm still at 2.6 pounds in 4 days so that's not terrible, but I was hoping that I would be down again today.

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    332
    [QUOTE=primal_jessjane;984447]Ez2cy, how many potatoes do you eat a day?

    Don't really pay attention. 6 medium sized ones? Gonna buy a food scale and start weighing, although decieded to go on these diets because of not "weighing or calorie " counting. So much for that.

    did another 1 hour walk with dog this morning in the cold.

    Doing 2x day cold showers. Icing the back of my shoulders for over 1/2 hour each day as well.

    Thought I' d have lost more weight but.....
    Last edited by ez2cy; 10-22-2012 at 07:39 AM.

  7. #547
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    [QUOTE=ez2cy;984410]
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    How are people's energy levels? QUOTE]

    My energy levels are really bad. After 3rd day, I"ve been taking 2 + hour naps everyday, along with sleeping very well at nite. Not doing any work outs at all and only gone on 2- 1 hour walks .

    Starting day 6 and haven't lost much weight either.
    That's sad to hear. I don't have any advice for you. Better start eating real food and get to feeling better! Thanks for trying so hard, though.

  8. #548
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    I did really good yesterday and stuck to potatoes! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm up over half a pound this morning...I also feel very bloated. I'm thinking that I'm putting too much sea salt on the potatoes? It could just be by body catching up I'm still at 2.6 pounds in 4 days so that's not terrible, but I was hoping that I would be down again today.
    I, and others, have noted a minimal amount of regain after a few days. Then a big bowel movement comes into play and you're back on track.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I, and others, have noted a minimal amount of regain after a few days. Then a big bowel movement comes into play and you're back on track.
    LOL! Good to know!

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    18
    Shop Now
    Still 128.4 lbs this morning but it hasn't been a full day on potatoes. Have eaten potatoes all day today, and am currently cooking a whole lot more, had thought I would just do this for a couple of days a week. But, apart from a meal out this Wednesday with my daughters I am going to give it my best shot! Can't wait for tomorrow morning to see what the scale says!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •