Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 53

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Be very careful with that mandolin, first time I used mine I cut myself and had to get stitches in a fingertip. I wasn't even slicing when I did it. One of the slices was stuck between the blade and the body of the slicer and I cut myself trying to remove it.
    Thanks for the reminder. That might be part of the reason its not been used yet. I really am unskilled with a knife, even a good sharp one, which should make slicing evenly easier.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I'd love to see you try. Do a week of sweet potatoes, two weeks of normal, then a week of white potatoes. It may work as good or better.
    This still just seems incredibly... wrong. ;-) I'm worried about my thyroid and adrenal glands and don't think going 5-7 days without a proper variety of foods and calories is going to be healthy for me. Plus, I need to get out and lift weights and play these days for my sanity. I can't do that on a 500-900 calorie meal plan of potatoes. ;-)

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member

My losses are slower, but still losing and enjoying potatoes. Down .4 today for a total of 1.8 lbs in 3 days. But I don't have a lot to lose either, just trying to get rid of the muffin top and I'd like my arms to look thinner and defined.

Donna* is offline Junior Member
    Couldn't wait until tomorrow to start this, so have just broken a 24 hour fast with approx 260 grammes of potatoes. I sliced them up and layered them with some onion and added a little vegetable stock, with a little salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. It was delicious, I cooked them slowly in the oven and then upped the heat for the last 20 minutes, the top was really crunchy and the middle all soft. Feel nice and full. My weight this morning was 128.4 lbs, haven't lost anything in the last 8 days (I weigh myself every morning). Really looking forward to the next couple of days. I have another portion of this left which will be dinner tomorrow evening and I am taking a baked potato or two to work with me. Might try the grated potato dry fried in the morning if I am hungry

jacksongirl1 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all - I am in but one question: I am scheduled for cholesterol blood work in 2 weeks so if I start this tater diet now, will this skew my results? Should I just wait to start the taters program after the blood work? Any thoughts would be appreciated... Thanks!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksongirl1 View Post
    Hi all - I am in but one question: I am scheduled for cholesterol blood work in 2 weeks so if I start this tater diet now, will this skew my results? Should I just wait to start the taters program after the blood work? Any thoughts would be appreciated... Thanks!
    No idea, but if you're worried--wait.

jacksongirl1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    No idea, but if you're worried--wait.
    Yes I have a feeling that the taters may mess with my results so I think I will wait... Thanks!

But what about an all sweet potatoooo diet! How come that wouldn't work the same? There are less calories in a sweet potato than in one very small potato. I'm always full after sweet potatoes.. The volume and fiber is very filling. Is there something about their composition?

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    But what about an all sweet potatoooo diet! How come that wouldn't work the same? There are less calories in a sweet potato than in one very small potato. I'm always full after sweet potatoes.. The volume and fiber is very filling. Is there something about their composition?
    Sweetness?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Possibly, but a sweet potato has less calories than a white potato, more fiber, a lower glycemic index, more potassium, beta-carotene, and vitamin C. A sweet potato has only four more grams of sugar than in a white potato. Plus... white potatoes have more toxins and gut irritants. :-(