Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 51

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 4, headache, dizzy, nausious (spelling?)

Other than that, feel like a million bucks..LOL

primalcar is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachspirit View Post
    How many potatoes are you eating in a day? What's the latest time of your last potatoe?
    I'm eating about 9 smallish potatoes a day. I'm not worrying about time of day, just hunger cues. I tend to get hungry pretty fast eating only potatoes so I'm eating every few hours it seems.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachspirit View Post
    How many potatoes are you eating in a day? What's the latest time of your last potatoe?
    I can only eat 2 1/2 large baking potatoes a day. I started last Tuesday morning at 140.8, weighed 133.8 today, Saturday,
    7 lbs. down.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I began my primal weight loss program about 20 months ago. To date I've lost about 104 lbs. I'm a 5'4" female and according to the insurance weight charts I should weigh between 120-125 lbs. I'm stuck at about 141.2 lbs and I figure I've hit the dreaded "plateau". I've changed nothing over the last 20 months in my eating. I completely satisfied almost all the time. I'm anxious to get rid of the last 20 or so lbs. so I can, for one thing, start to buy some serious clothes.

I'd like to try eating potatoes and see if they don't give my weight loss a new kick-start.

Are sweet potatoes ok? Would it be better to stick to white ones for the duration?
    I take about 8000 IU of Vitamin D-3 a day, comes in Soybean oil, I know nasty? Can I continue to do this?
    I also take 1 Tbl of gelatin dissolved in water twice a day to help with joints and very saggy excess skin. Will this interfere?

Naturally I'm feel anxious about messing with an eating plan that's working but I'm tired of the plateau too.
    I can only eat 2 1/2 large baking potatoes a day. I started last Tuesday morning at 140.8, weighed 133.8 today, Saturday,
    7 lbs. down.
    I couldn't remember your story, but found it. This is awesome progress for someone plateau'ed after losing so much weight. Makes you feel like your not broken doesn't it?
    Good job! Are you going to keep going or take a little break?

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    7 lbs. down.
    That's hugely impressive.

My Great Potato Experiment starts tomorrow, for hubby and me, intending on going through until dinner on Friday. I can only hope for such great n=2 results for us! I loaded up on something like 35 lbs of russets, gold, red and blue taters at the farmers' market today, so we should be set. I'm pretty sure if the teenagers happen to notice what we're up to, they will be even more convinced that we are insane. I might make some primal ketchup tomorrow to help get through the week.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I couldn't remember your story, but found it. This is awesome progress for someone plateau'ed after losing so much weight. Makes you feel like your not broken doesn't it?
    Good job! Are you going to keep going or take a little break?
    I plan to keep on through Monday, the whole 7 days. If I can, I'll push it to 10 days. Thanks for your kind words.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I might make some primal ketchup tomorrow to help get through the week.
    Recipe?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    Forsooth! You ate at half your habitual caloric intake for two weeks and lost weight?!?! What manner of black magic is this? Truly these potatoes are otherworldly! Yea verily!

-PK
    This made me chuckle. I'm curious though what you think about the 'stickiness' of the weight loss on this potato plan. I have eaten at a severe caloric deficit before with normal food variety and, in addition to fighting hunger constantly, which doesn't seem to be an issue here, I regained all the lost weight within a week or two of returning to normal eating.

I read the Stephan Guyenet article that was posted somewhere near the beginning of this thread and his food reward/fat set-point theory may go some way to explaining why the weight both comes off and stays off, but I'm curious what others think.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Recipe?
    I've not tried this recipe yet, but it's from the PB cookbook.

1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
    1/3 cup cider vinegar
    1/3 cup water
    3 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
    3 tbsp onion, minced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp sea salt
    1/8 tsp ground allspice
    1/8 tsp ground cloves
    1/8 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a food processor or with a hand held blender until smooth. Add a bit of water it if too thick. Store in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator.

It sounds pretty decent. I might reduce the amount of honey/syrup.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Another interesting article from WHS which may help to explain why it's possible to eat so little when sticking to potatoes only.

The more palatable the food, the less filling per calorie, and the relationship was quite strong for a study of this nature. This is consistent with the evidence that highly palatable foods shut down the mechanisms in the brain that constrain food intake. Croissants had the lowest SI (47), while potatoes had the highest (323)
    SI =satiety index

Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast