Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 50

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Otzi - Quit talking science, stick to results. There's nothing on the internet and nothing in the diet books that talk about an all-starch diet plan. I've seen some studies where they feed people high carbs, or even lots of potatoes, but always accompanied with fat for some reason. As far as I can see, nobodies done 'just potatoes'.

Magic, science, starvation, whatever...this trick works! I went from 1-14 October eating only potatoes at the rate of roughly 1200 calories a day which is about half or less of my normal diet. During that time I lost 12lbs. Almost a week later, I have lost an additional 2lbs after resuming my normal eating.

I had been gaining weight prior to the potato feasting, slowly but surely. As Otzi says, this works better than IF, alternate day fasting, carb refeeds, or pure calorie restriction--which I have all tried this past year to turn the tide on my weight.

Science be damned, results speak for themselves.

Donna* is offline Junior Member
    Love this thread, I honestly don't think that I could go two weeks on just potatoes, I love the way that I eat now. However, I am going to give it a go Monday and Tuesday every week for the next four-six weeks and post my results. My weight loss has slowed considerably and I would like to lose another 13-14 lbs to get to my ideal weight. Will post stats on Monday morning, hopefully will go and buy a thermometer tomorrow and record that too. I realise that it won't work as well as going the whole 14 days... but will be interesting to see what happens!

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    After lurking on this thread since it started, I'm ready to give it a go. Tomorrow will be all potatoes. Today is mostly potatoes, but I took a leg of lamb out to thaw 2 days ago, and I really have to cook it today. I had really mushy hashbrowns this am, along with raw chocolate milk my local farm makes. I am simmering some potatoes with onions and rosemary in a little water which I will eat with a little organic ketchup. Tonight, a little lamb with more rosemary potatoes and milk. Tomorrow, just potatoes.

Starting weight: 177. Height 4ft 9 in. I am one of those unfortunate people for whom primal has equaled no weight lost so far since June. Maybe this will help. Nothing else has worked...cant hurt.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Otzi - Quit talking science, stick to results. There's nothing on the internet and nothing in the diet books that talk about an all-starch diet plan. I've seen some studies where they feed people high carbs, or even lots of potatoes, but always accompanied with fat for some reason. As far as I can see, nobodies done 'just potatoes'.

Well there is, but, he's thought of the devil 'round here - so, not advocating his book or what
    he preaches to eat, but there *is* a book out there.

The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love,Regain Your Health,and Lose the Weight for Good!: John McDougall,Mary McDougall: 9781609613938: Amazon.com: Books

*NourishedEm* - I totally agree with the low food reward thing - that's for damn
    sure.

Potatoes do the trick for keeping you full, you get there fast, however, you don't
    want to keep on eating, like you would with something that was totally delicious.

But yeah, all in all, doesn't matter what makes it work. I couldn't give two shits
    about the "science" either. Even if there isn't a lick of it.

Potatoes keep me from being hungry for a LONG period of time. Had my potato yesterday
    at 12pm, and didn't eat dinner until 7pm.

Whatever it is, I'll take it.

Julie

primalcar is offline Member
    Just an update. Down 2.5 pounds in 2 days! I will be out of potatoes by tonight or tomorrow morning though so I may take a day or two off and resume for a few days next week. I'm kind of a fan of cycling on and off of this tater feast. Its working well so far as long as I keep myself supplied with plenty of potatoes throughout the day.

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Hi Otzi,
    I'm calculating about 850 calories with 2 medium potatoes for lunch and 3 medium potatoes for dinner. However, you've said eat until you're hunger is satisfied. Do you think calories really make a difference and what if we wanted a little snack of potatoes at 9:00 pm or so. Do you think we need to keep our eating hours before 6-8 pm? I hoping you've experimented with it to save me from gaining or slow losses.
    Thanks so much for letting us in on this!

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    Just an update. Down 2.5 pounds in 2 days! I will be out of potatoes by tonight or tomorrow morning though so I may take a day or two off and resume for a few days next week. I'm kind of a fan of cycling on and off of this tater feast. Its working well so far as long as I keep myself supplied with plenty of potatoes throughout the day.
    How many potatoes are you eating in a day? What's the latest time of your last potatoe?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachspirit View Post
    Hi Otzi,
    Do you think calories really make a difference and what if we wanted a little snack of potatoes at 9:00 pm or so. Do you think we need to keep our eating hours before 6-8 pm?
    I was eating a small potato or two after supper if I was still hungry.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post

Magic, science, starvation, whatever...this trick works! I went from 1-14 October eating only potatoes at the rate of roughly 1200 calories a day which is about half or less of my normal diet. During that time I lost 12lbs. Almost a week later, I have lost an additional 2lbs after resuming my normal eating.

I had been gaining weight prior to the potato feasting, slowly but surely. As Otzi says, this works better than IF, alternate day fasting, carb refeeds, or pure calorie restriction--which I have all tried this past year to turn the tide on my weight.

Science be damned, results speak for themselves.
    Forsooth! You ate at half your habitual caloric intake for two weeks and lost weight?!?! What manner of black magic is this? Truly these potatoes are otherworldly! Yea verily!

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    I am still reading this thread, every single post. Totally fascinating, and I love the experiments. It clearly works. All I can think of is how cheap this would be for 10 days! You can buy your self some new clothes for your new fat loss for all the money you've saved on grassfed meat, pastured eggs and organic vegetables.

I seem to be suddenly unable to eat nightshades with a massive inflammation from aubergine last week. Doesn't mean I'm still not a fan of the Tater Feast.

Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast