Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 46

primalcar is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I think 1 or 2 sweet potatoes during the week would be OK, same as a cup or two of rice, but stick mostly to potatoes and you'll see best success, it seems.
    Ok, good! I was too hungry at lunch to just eat the one tiny regular potato. I ended up eating half of a good sized sweet potato too. I'm really full now, like a little too full. I think I will just limit myself to regular potatoes for the remainder of the days.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Well it is only two weeks. I'd probably go with a minimal routine ala HIT 1-2x/week strength training. So only 2-4 sessions throughout the process with plenty of rest days.
    That's a good idea! Not hot, noisy or very dirty.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    I, as a t1, certainly agree. When will the next fad come? Moar Twinkies! Huh?

Your original post suggested that I ate too many twinkies , thus skipping t2 diabetes (where most allegedly go) and proceeding directly to T1 do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

I'm pretty sure eating high carb for 2 weeks won't cause diabetes.

Last edited by otzi; Today at 10:17 AM.

You underestimate carb addiction.

Decided to do a little creative editing of your original response, eh? You'll be gone soon.
    Last edited by Terry H; 10-18-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: quote missing

Beachspirit is offline Junior Member
    Hello Tatar Feasters,
    I started my Tatar feast today with 5 medium potatoes. Loved it. I've eaten low carb for years. I've spent the last 2 weeks on BP RFLP and really missing food. I tried the iFing, but once I would get down below 120-122, my weight would always jump back up, even if I ate the exact things I ate to lose. So I thought the fat fast would be extreme enough to break the set point, but regained on the refeeding and then loses were a lot slower and life was sucking. Then I found this thread and got so excited. I love potatoes and have denied myself potatoes for years except Thanksgiving & Christmas.

I'm 5'4", female, starting weight 121.4. Goal weight 113. I don't lift due to a herniated disk. I walk for exercise. But I won't walk to much on low calories. I can't wait to see what the scale shows in the morning! Good loses to all of you!

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    After seven days I lost 3.2kgs and now having a couple of normal eating days because my folks are in town visiting.
    I'll give this another go - it just works.
    Believe and achieve.

otzi Guest
    My 14th Day of Nothing But Taters...down 9lbs. Going out for dinner tonight, gonna have the cedar plank salmon and roasted veggies.

otzi Guest
    I, as a t1, certainly agree. When will the next fad come? Moar Twinkies! Huh? Your original post suggested that I ate too many twinkies , thus skipping t2 diabetes (where most allegedly go) and proceeding directly to T1 do not pass Go, do not collect $200. I'm pretty sure eating high carb for 2 weeks won't cause diabetes. You underestimate carb addiction.
    Decided to do a little creative editing of your original response, eh? You'll be gone soon.
    Blood Sugar 101

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    How could an all-potato diet be satiating?! How many pounds of potatoes are you people eating a day? 2-3? Haha this sounds so ridiculous. 3 small potatoes already weigh about a pound, which is like a side dish. ;-)

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    I started Tuesday, Oct. 16. It's Friday morning, I've lost 5.6 lbs. I feel fine but that much weight loss seems like too much for 3 days. However, I'll take it !!!

Is it necessary for the Potato Feast/Fast to be started from the base of very low carb primal eating (that's me) or could there be good results for someone that began after eating the Standard American Diet? I also have a Vegan friend whose lost a huge amount of weight and sounds interested I'm not sure what to tell her if she asks.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 10-19-2012 at 10:12 AM.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I started Tuesday, Oct. 16. It's Friday morning, I've lost 5.6 lbs. I feel fine but that much weight loss seems like too much for 3 days. However, I'll take it !!!

Is it necessary for the Potato Feast/Fast to be started from the base of very low carb primal eating (that's me) or could there be good results for someone that began after eating the Standard American Diet? I also have a Vegan friend whose lost a huge amount of weight who sounds interested I'm not sure what to tell her if she asks.
    Great job! I know for a fact this works extremely well for people eating the SAD. Not sure about vegans, but I can't see why it wouldn't. The only people I wouldn't recommend it to would be people with diabetes, but they would know better anyway.

Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast