Page 45 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1086

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 45

  1. #441
    primalcar's Avatar
    primalcar is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    50
    Primal Fuel
    4 pounds is great! I hope it works that well for me! I pre-baked all of my potatoes so I just chopped it up and put it in the hot dry pan. I just sprinkled a few drops of balsamic as it was cooking and the potatoes soaked it right up. I guess I used it more as a seasoning than a moisture tool. It was really tasty, I'll probably be doing that again for dinner, but I may shred the potato first. I find that working with pre-cooked potatoes makes it a lot easier!

  2. #442
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    Thanks for the head's up. I think I read back in the thread that they were ok, but maybe I'll skip it just in case.
    I think 1 or 2 sweet potatoes during the week would be OK, same as a cup or two of rice, but stick mostly to potatoes and you'll see best success, it seems.

  3. #443
    Rosemary 231's Avatar
    Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Love your attitude. I see success for you! Try this: Slice some raw potatoes paper thin with a mandolin (or knife if your good), pile them thickly in a medium hot non-stick frying pan, cover and let cook for about 5 minutes before turning. When you flip them, they should all be stuck together and you can do it all at once. Cook the other side until well browned. If you get it right, the outsides will be crispy and brown and the insides well-cooked, but kind of gooey. Serve with salt and vinegar.

    If you start flipping it too soon, it will stir up and not be quite right, you may need to experiment a little so as not to burn them, but these are awesome.
    Thanks, bunches. This is exactly the kind of recipe/tip I'm looking for. After all, potatoes are potatoes and we don't have a lot of wiggle room on flavors or cooking. Bottom line, meals will still taste like potatoes but I've collected enough ways to prepare them that I'm sure I'll make it through the 10 days. Seeing a consistant weight loss really makes the trip easier. I got a mandolin for my birthday and haven't used it. Definitely not good with slicing things evenly with a knife. I'll give this a try today.

  4. #444
    Rosemary 231's Avatar
    Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    4 pounds is great! I hope it works that well for me! I pre-baked all of my potatoes so I just chopped it up and put it in the hot dry pan. I just sprinkled a few drops of balsamic as it was cooking and the potatoes soaked it right up. I guess I used it more as a seasoning than a moisture tool. It was really tasty, I'll probably be doing that again for dinner, but I may shred the potato first. I find that working with pre-cooked potatoes makes it a lot easier!
    Exactly my problem, I've got to stop baking/microwaving only 2 potatoes at a time. I could do a bunch in the oven but we're still in the high 90's here and our a/c costs are big. Since I've been peeling the potatoes anyway, (someone said removing the skins should help if I have some gas problems, I did, the skins aren't that great tasting anyway when they have been microwaved) It seems that if I have baked potatoes in the fridge there's so many ways to use them.

  5. #445
    Rosemary 231's Avatar
    Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    941
    What about Worcestershire Sauce? About 1 TBL.

  6. #446
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    What about Worcestershire Sauce? About 1 TBL.
    I think that would be fine. I'm sitting here eating my lunch; a big baked potato cut into small chunks and dipping in ketchup and mustard. Pretty tasty!

  7. #447
    Rosemary 231's Avatar
    Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I think that would be fine. I'm sitting here eating my lunch; a big baked potato cut into small chunks and dipping in ketchup and mustard. Pretty tasty!
    Has all the "mustard and Ketchup dripping" slowed down your weight loss?

  8. #448
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Has all the "mustard and Ketchup dripping" slowed down your weight loss?
    I think not. Keep in mind, I'm not using half a bottle--only a couple packets.

  9. #449
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I don't think there is enough protein (amino acids) in this diet to provide for muscle rebuilding/repair as needed with heavy lifting. Plenty for normal cellular function, but when I tried to keep up with heavy lifting, ie. weighted squats, it left me feeling kind of famished. This is a mega-cut, don't most body builders go through a cutting phase where they lose fat and possibly some muscle just from the nature of any calorie restriction?

    I'd love to see if someone could keep up a heavy lifting regime while losing 5lbs per week, but generally the two don't mix.
    Well it is only two weeks. I'd probably go with a minimal routine ala HIT 1-2x/week strength training. So only 2-4 sessions throughout the process with plenty of rest days.

  10. #450
    primalcar's Avatar
    primalcar is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    50
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Exactly my problem, I've got to stop baking/microwaving only 2 potatoes at a time. I could do a bunch in the oven but we're still in the high 90's here and our a/c costs are big. Since I've been peeling the potatoes anyway, (someone said removing the skins should help if I have some gas problems, I did, the skins aren't that great tasting anyway when they have been microwaved) It seems that if I have baked potatoes in the fridge there's so many ways to use them.
    I've heard that you can cook up a bunch of potatoes in the slow cooker. Just wrap them each in foil and turn it on...That might be a good solution for your hot weather. We were at 100 degrees yesterday too, but I turned the oven on anyway. I should probably use the slow cooker instead...

Page 45 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •