Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 44

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    I, as a t1, certainly agree. When will the next fad come? Moar Twinkies! Huh?
    I'm pretty sure eating high carb for 2 weeks won't cause diabetes.
    Last edited by otzi; 10-18-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Keeks333 is offline Junior Member
    another question, possibly TMI...

was everyone having normal BM's on this diet?

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    shhikes

I know all about coffee intox. People think I'm nuts about it. I use to drink 30 plus cups/day. If I drank a couple on an empty stomach........I paid for it.

Since reading the 4 hour body, I now drink Yerba Mate and also green tea. Comes out great in the french press and I top with a little cinnamon (suppose to supress insulin).

Also started the potato thing yesterday. Weigh'd myself first thing yesterday and first thing today.

Now I'm really wondering. ????? 4 lbs in a day (loss) Think the new scale is not as good as advertized...LOL
    Last edited by ez2cy; 10-18-2012 at 06:02 AM.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeks333 View Post

This was discussed last week, everyone stayed normal.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeks333 View Post

Normal, same time every morning, but much less of it.

primalcar is offline Member
    Hi all,
    I am very interested in this thread and have started my own potato fast today. I weighed in at 178.6, I'm 5'7" and would ultimately like to be back at 150 ish (it's been 5 years and 1 baby). I was down to 170 a few months ago but I've slacked off a bunch lately and have been giving into very non-primal cravings. I'm hoping this potato thing can help get me back on track! I ate two pretty small potatoes this morning dry fried in salt and balsamic vinegar. Yum! I have two more small potatoes and 1 sweet potato with me to snack on until I get home tonight. I'm not too hungry at this point, so far so good!

Keeks333 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    Hi all,
    I am very interested in this thread and have started my own potato fast today. I weighed in at 178.6, I'm 5'7" and would ultimately like to be back at 150 ish (it's been 5 years and 1 baby). I was down to 170 a few months ago but I've slacked off a bunch lately and have been giving into very non-primal cravings. I'm hoping this potato thing can help get me back on track! I ate two pretty small potatoes this morning dry fried in salt and balsamic vinegar. Yum! I have two more small potatoes and 1 sweet potato with me to snack on until I get home tonight. I'm not too hungry at this point, so far so good!

careful, I dont think sweet potatoes are allowed! Just regular ones.

primalcar is offline Member
    Thanks for the head's up. I think I read back in the thread that they were ok, but maybe I'll skip it just in case.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcar View Post
    Hi all,
    I ate two pretty small potatoes this morning dry fried in salt and balsamic vinegar. Yum!
    I'm starting day 3 today and I have lost almost 4 lbs. I wish you good success! A lot of it is attitude. I keep telling myself "it's only 7 or 10 days". Question about frying the small potatoes in salt and balsamic vinegar - were the potatoes pre-cooked or did you fry them from their raw state? Was the balsamic vinegar part of the moisture in the pan? I'm trying to keep alert for different ways to prepare the potatoes without wandering away from the "prime directive", only potatoes and some spices. This morning after I got to work I had a mashed potato patty made with skinned baked potatoes with spices and salt added and re-heated in the microwave. I didn't fry the patties first, just formed them and put them in the refrigerator until today. I used about 1 tsp of Reduced Sugar ketchup - Heinz makes it, on the top. Even that departure makes me a little nervous. I also plan on trying some beef broth, only a Tbl or so.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I'm starting day 3 today and I have lost almost 4 lbs. I wish you good success! A lot of it is attitude. I keep telling myself "it's only 7 or 10 days". Question about frying the small potatoes in salt and balsamic vinegar - were the potatoes pre-cooked or did you fry them from their raw state? Was the balsamic vinegar part of the moisture in the pan? I'm trying to keep alert for different ways to prepare the potatoes without wandering away from the "prime directive", only potatoes and some spices. This morning after I got to work I had a mashed potato patty made with skinned baked potatoes with spices and salt added and re-heated in the microwave. I didn't fry the patties first, just formed them and put them in the refrigerator until today. I used about 1 tsp of Reduced Sugar ketchup - Heinz makes it, on the top. Even that departure makes me a little nervous. I also plan on trying some beef broth, only a Tbl or so.
    Love your attitude. I see success for you! Try this: Slice some raw potatoes paper thin with a mandolin (or knife if your good), pile them thickly in a medium hot non-stick frying pan, cover and let cook for about 5 minutes before turning. When you flip them, they should all be stuck together and you can do it all at once. Cook the other side until well browned. If you get it right, the outsides will be crispy and brown and the insides well-cooked, but kind of gooey. Serve with salt and vinegar.

If you start flipping it too soon, it will stir up and not be quite right, you may need to experiment a little so as not to burn them, but these are awesome.

Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast