Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 41

spalmer114 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been lurking on this site for awhile now, figured this was a great time for my first post. I changed to the Paleo lifestyle about 3 months ago and love it so far. I'm down 23 lbs and a few inches off of my waist. I've kind of hit a plateau lately, so I thought I would give this tater craze a try. I'm on day 3 and it seems to be working. My progression so far has been: Day 1- 238.5, Day 2-237.5 and this morning 234.5. I hope this losing streak continues!! I have family coming in this weekend, so I will not be able to stick 100% to the plan, but I will start right back up once they leave. I bought a 10lb bag of russet potatoes and a little over a pound of new potatoes. I have 2 hash browned in the morning and 2 baked potatoes for lunch and dinner. I just hope it doesn't get too boring, I need to mix things up a bit and use some different spices to change the taste just enough to keep me on track. Good luck to all of the Tater Heads!!!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    Any other opinions on the beer idea?
    Are you serious?

I'm really surprised reading this thread how many people don't quite grasp the idea of eating JUST POTATOES for 7-10 days. But then again I never did understand diet crazes where you actually follow a list of foods and meal plans. I mean, even with paleo and primal I read the info looking for the reasons why certain foods are favored or rejected, and then I use the reasoning to decide what's good to eat and what's not.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm really surprised reading this thread how many people don't quite grasp the idea of eating JUST POTATOES for 7-10 days.
    It reminds me of ppl that review recipes. "I followed the recipe exactly, only I added this and this and changed that and that" and then proceed to give it a bad review when they made nothing remotely close to the original.

And that is okay to make it your own, but don't expect the same results and wonder why the recipe (diet) doesnt work.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Are you serious?

I'm really surprised reading this thread how many people don't quite grasp the idea of eating JUST POTATOES for 7-10 days. But then again I never did understand diet crazes where you actually follow a list of foods and meal plans. I mean, even with paleo and primal I read the info looking for the reasons why certain foods are favored or rejected, and then I use the reasoning to decide what's good to eat and what's not.
    Yo chill, I was just asking. It wasn't that serious, I was just really craving a beer.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Of course you will be craving. Eating just one food is a recipe for having cravings, even if all you ate was chocolate or your favorite food.

Good thread, folks, thank you for sharing your experiences again.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    So with this 20lbs lost, do you look a lot different?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Day 12 and down 9lbs. I can't say these last few days are easy, it's getting harder to look forward to eating and it would be really easy to quit right now, but I want to stick it out for two more days and hit 10lbs.
    Mmgh, nice.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Big Bobcat is offline Junior Member
    Otzi,
    I'm impressed with your results. I am still sticking with it and feeling lighter, but don't know if the scale has gone down yet.
    Could you tell me what you eat on a regular basis? And in the past when you have gone off of the potato fast, has it seemed to break through any plateaus you may have had?
    Thanks.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Otzi, do you have any "before and after pics" ?
    It could be an easy way to judge the effects of your strategy in terms of body comp.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

otzi Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    So with this 20lbs lost, do you look a lot different?
    Everyone says my face looks thinner. I notice it all in the belly. I was maintaining around 175 for a year, and still had that small spare tire. Now at 155, it's just a little loose skin there. I've lost just a little over 1" off waist in last 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bobcat View Post
    Otzi,
    I'm impressed with your results. I am still sticking with it and feeling lighter, but don't know if the scale has gone down yet.
    Could you tell me what you eat on a regular basis? And in the past when you have gone off of the potato fast, has it seemed to break through any plateaus you may have had?
    Thanks.
    Although I had a bit of a harder time last weekend keeping 'strict-tater' (Ate lots of homemade bone broth), I have been really cognizant to only eat potatoes. I did cycle in a little rice in week 1, but only maybe 2-3 cups worth.

Generally, I have a big cup of black coffee for breakfast at 7, then one big baked potato for lunch around 1130. I eat it with
    salt and maybe a couple packs of ketchup. No snacks, but usually a black coffee on ice in the afternoon. Supper is 2 or 3 big potatoes dry-fried in some way (hashbrowns, homefries, sliced) with just seasoned salt or vinegar. If I need a snack later I will munch a smallish boiled or baked potato that I have in the fridge.

I would say I'm eating 2.5 - 3lbs of potatoes a day for 1100-1500 calories. I find I'm not hungry at all in the morning and don't crave real food at all. The only problem is the monotony of cooking and eating potatoes.

I will probably not do this again until next spring or possibly next fall. When I do, I will do two one-week runs separated by a week or two of regular eating.

Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast