Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 40

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    edit to add: I just got your user name...good one!
    Thanks......ez2cy I've been married 4 times......ez2cy why I'm and idiot.....I could do this all nite...LOL

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    Also: I am craving beer so badly. Can I combine beer with my potato feast? XD
    I would think Vodka would be ok as it's from potatoes

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    ok, what is n=1?
    n=1 means it's your own individual experiment. In research, "n" is the number of subjects (people) that the research got data from.

dtorre is offline Junior Member

Potato surprise for me!

I was very excited to try this after 2 days of reading this thread, decided to give it a go yesterday. Haven't had white potatoes in over 8+ years (except the occasional cheat french fry or two) but I remember LOVING them! Bought every different kind of potato in the store - purple, tiny reds, golden yellow, baking and russet.

Dry roasted the purples in oven, sprayed with vinegar and salt...ate 2 small pieces...I didn't remember potatoes being peppery/tangy? Maybe a big piece of black pepper snuck into the salt? I love love love spicy but this was odd... Burned my throat, didn't like so I stuck in fridge, perhaps the next day? Anyways, was getting a little queasy...

Next day, boiled and mashed some peeled russets, added garlic powder and s & p, dry fried....ate 2 the size of half dollars...kind of hard to get down. Not hungry, not nauseous but off. 1 small purple potato at night with watered down mustard...still can't get myself to get more than that down. Hey! Maybe I found the perfect diet food for me!!!??

Morning, fresh boiled purple potato...one bite, into the trash. Rest of my family eating them like candy this whole time. I am determined to make this work!! Last try...tonight, boiled and mashed 1/2 cup tiny reds with some salt only....ate a few bites fast cause by now I'm pretty hungry....these are peppery too? 30 seconds later, throat on fire, tongue double in size, heart palps and trouble catching my breath....won't even go on about the tummy problems that followed.

Guess I'm going to the allergist in the a.m. No known allergies prior although I don't ingest gluten, grains, legumes, soy, dairy, sad, gmo's. etc.

At 40, had no idea a person could become allergic to potatoes? Really?

Good luck to the rest of you! Sounds legit.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    I would think Vodka would be ok as it's from potatoes
    yeah, but then I have to drink vodka. *shiver*

Any other opinions on the beer idea?
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattie492 View Post
    I don't want to flame you, and this is an honest question - wouldn't the same thing happen if I only ate cabbage and fat for 10 days? I am guessing I would lose weight...
    Anything that causes a calorie deficit and leaves a person feeling full and sastisfied will likely lead to a fat loss. However, eating cabbage and fat for 10 days will likely suppress thyroid function, which could potentially lead to weight gain, lethargy, and a depressed metabolism. Plus, the insoluble fiber in cabbage is tougher on the digestive system and doesn't support beneficial flora in the way that the soluble fiber in potatoes do. So while it's theoretically possible it COULD work for some people short term, I'd venture the results are more likely to be very different.

Woops...just realized i replied to a spambot. Oh well, I stand by my answer!
    Last edited by BestBetter; 10-16-2012 at 06:43 PM.

primalsun is offline Member
    Hey guys! I've been following this thread since it began and I think its about time I finally give this a go! I lost around 80 pounds over two years ago and through a lot of working out, and to be honest, eating more than I should... I've gained back about 30 pounds. While a lot of it was muscle I did gain some fat along with it. Right now I sit around 160-170 pounds on an extremely broad 5'7" frame. I'm hoping this potato feast will help me lose around 5 lbs of that annoying fat and start to reveal some muscle. As of now I plan to do this for a week, and then reassess and decide if I want to continue it for the following week. Tomorrow will be my first day, wish me luck!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    2 days, I am an athletic very active male at ideal body weight and I lost 1 kg and smashed my workout tonight.

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    Five days in and I've lost 2.6kg (5.7lbs).

Mostly just walked etc so far though this morning I did some working towards one-arm push up training.

I'm gonna finish up a whole week and see how it goes. But so far, it works great and I've had no side effects etc.
    Believe and achieve.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I started this last night. I forgot to take the bottom blade out of my food processor so I ended up with potato mush. Covered it with about a tbsp of ketchup to make up for the weirdness of it. Didn't cook it to well. :P

Tonight I will do better, going to slice it into "chips" and crisp the up in the oven with spices. Ate fried potato with a little ketchup again for breakfast.

This is weird. It does make me feel REALLY full though. o.o
    QQEMOKITTY: Good on you! I did this potato project for 6 days and lost just under 7 lbs and a few inches off the belly, which was my objective. I stuck strictly to potatoes --- and a cup of black coffee. I have been off the potato project for almost a week, and I'm continuing to lose fat around the belly. (yeah!). I'm holed up in a hotel this week on a course, but plan on doing another week of the potato project the first week of November. Hubby observed me for the first week, and now wants to do a week with me. Ha -- who says our partners won't come around! I think it's great. Anyway, also wanted to mention that the hardest part for me was the monotony of the potatoes, but once you see/feel the weight dropping and the scale moving downwards, that's all the encouragement I needed! Good luck and keep us in the loop of how you are making out. Potato on!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast