Page 39 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 39

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Otzi,
    I know that you have advacated not eating anything else but I have a really hard time eating carbs in general (except fruit). I hate rice even more than potatoes so that would probably make it worse. I think if I can just find a better way to cook the potatoes then I will be fine. I am going to try mashing and pouring broth over them as well as some sort of potatoe brothy soup. I just can't see how I'm going to get enough calories if I don't add something else in when I dislike potatoes so much.

Sadly the only carbs I have ever enjoyed (prior to becoming Gluten free)are bread and wheat products so obviously those are out. Not only am I gluten intolerant but they are also not primal.

I get what your saying about adding fat and it causing the whole process to slow down etc.... Interestingly I have no gallbladder so I don't know what that does to the whole bile release deal. I believe I've read that when your gallbladder is removed your liver is constantly letting bile go through your intestines but that sometimes your body will make a "fake" gallbladder to hold onto the bile until fat is ingested. I don't know though. I think I ate the nuts more out of despiratioin than anything else. As I was still ravenous but naseous from so many potatoes. So, we'll see what happens today. Thanks for the helpful info.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I started this last night. I forgot to take the bottom blade out of my food processor so I ended up with potato mush. Covered it with about a tbsp of ketchup to make up for the weirdness of it. Didn't cook it to well. :P

Tonight I will do better, going to slice it into "chips" and crisp the up in the oven with spices. Ate fried potato with a little ketchup again for breakfast.

This is weird. It does make me feel REALLY full though. o.o

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bobcat View Post
    Hello All,
    I have been doing this since last Thursday (5 days now). Loved the potatoes at first, now I'm having a hard time stomaching them. I'm just craving some steak or eggs or cheese. But I haven't indulged yet.
    I've been working out with my normal routines. Twice a week lifting, once a week sprinting on the bike, walking every other day. I just stepped on the scale today, and I have not lost any weight. I feel leaner, and my clothes feel a little looser, but no measurable weight loss yet. My clothes could fit better because I'm eating less and this my stomach has shrunk. But I don't know.
    Any ideas? Or tips? I hope to continue to Saturday for a total of 10 days.
    Thanks in advance.
    I'd keep going. Just eat to your hunger and not a calorie number. Make sure you weigh the same time and place everyday. Maybe give up the lifting and sprinting until the 10 days is up.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    Otzi,
    I know that you have advacated not eating anything else but I have a really hard time eating carbs in general (except fruit). I hate rice even more than potatoes so that would probably make it worse. I think if I can just find a better way to cook the potatoes then I will be fine. I am going to try mashing and pouring broth over them as well as some sort of potatoe brothy soup. I just can't see how I'm going to get enough calories if I don't add something else in when I dislike potatoes so much.

Sadly the only carbs I have ever enjoyed (prior to becoming Gluten free)are bread and wheat products so obviously those are out. Not only am I gluten intolerant but they are also not primal.

I get what your saying about adding fat and it causing the whole process to slow down etc.... Interestingly I have no gallbladder so I don't know what that does to the whole bile release deal. I believe I've read that when your gallbladder is removed your liver is constantly letting bile go through your intestines but that sometimes your body will make a "fake" gallbladder to hold onto the bile until fat is ingested. I don't know though. I think I ate the nuts more out of despiratioin than anything else. As I was still ravenous but naseous from so many potatoes. So, we'll see what happens today. Thanks for the helpful info.
    I try to pretend like I do, but sadly I don't have all the answers...lol. If potatoes make you feel ill, potato diet maybe not for you. Also, with no gallbladder and thyroid/adrenal issues you maybe need more special handling than others.
    Good luck, let us know whay happens!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I am jumping back on the tator wagon tomorrow. I am not sure for how long. We have company coming in tomorrow through the weekend, so it might not be the best timing, but will try anyways They eat pretty healthy, so I won't be fixing anything that tempting, just the whole explanation & science behind it - I get it when I read it, but to try to explain it to someone else off the top of my head....

But they are receptive though. It is my step son and I heard him on the speaker the other day that he had read the stuff I sent him and they have been eating more paleo now and feeling good. He is training for an Iron Man.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Ok, read the first 7 pages and jumped.

If..IF, potatoes and rice are "about" the same, can a person not eat both to break up the boredom?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok, read the first 7 pages and jumped.

If..IF, potatoes and rice are "about" the same, can a person not eat both to break up the boredom?
    Yes, but rice is way easier to overeat, negating the calorie restriction posed by the potatoes. I tried rice and found I could easily eat 1500-2000 calories of it in a day, but with potatoes I'm lucky to hit 1200kcal. I usually cook up a batch of rice to keep on hand in case I get the munchies and there are no potatoes ready to eat when I'm doing the potato thang.

edit to add: I just got your user name...good one!

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    So, I'm finishing day one of the potato feast. So far I've eaten about... 2 potatoes and I'm satisfied. I'm going to finish this third one in a few hours, but what the hell? I'm gonna be at less than 500 calories for the day.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Also: I am craving beer so badly. Can I combine beer with my potato feast? XD
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    ok, what is n=1?

Page 39 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast