Page 33 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 33

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Well a day in and some results. I'll mention some variables first.
    On Wednesday I weighed 105.0kg - last week I was on holidays and ballooned up. Lost some bloating weight earlier in the week and Wednesday's figure was 500g lighter than Tuesday's thanks to IF etc to get back on the wagon.
    On Thursday I was 104.5 and started the potato experiment. Potatoes I had were smallish and had about five in total for breakfast and lunch.
    Went to work at 2pm and it was crazy and we didn't get to have dinner breaks. The other guys ordered pizza. I ducked to the super market and got a bag of baked, minimal fat potato chip things and a put-in-the-microwave boiled potato ready-made thing. It had butter in it. So neither was a perfect choice, but I was quite hungry.
    I was worried they would derail things, but obviously not.
    This morning I had lost 700 grams. I'll do another day at least and stick to just potatoes properly to see how this experiment goes.

So in a nutshell - was already losing some bloating/water weight before starting experiment
    - was unable to stick to just plain potatoes due to life getting in the way
    - lost 700g for day one
    Believe and achieve.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    what oil is everyone using with the taters?

Deanna9101 is offline Junior Member
    OK hi everyone!
    I have been following y'all from the beginning of the thread, and on Monday I started easing into the all tater fast. Here's how it kind of went down.
    Monday- a little chicken breast and potatoes all day, nothing else.
    Tuesday- all potatoes, then a small piece of roast with potatoes
    wed- all taters
    thurs- all taters
    fri- all taters, but caved into some banana and peanut butter and chicken at night.
    SO what do i do now?! I have been feeling pretty good...do I continue all potatoes from here, or did I mess it up too bad and go back to regular whole30 style of eating? Also, anyone with candida on here? From what I read it says no potatoes but my naturopath said ok to starchy veggies...and my stomach, energy, mood etc has been really good on potatoes. Help a sista out over here! PS- my boyfriend is shocked that I would try something like this as it's "against" my usual preaching...but is finding it entertaining.
    Thanks guys!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Well, all I know is a day and a half of potatoes, no oil, no fancy preparation didn't do anything. Any weight loss I had from a month of salads and running is gone. I don't know if I can blame the potatoes, but I can say that a day and a half didn't get any weight off at all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Well, all I know is a day and a half of potatoes, no oil, no fancy preparation didn't do anything. Any weight loss I had from a month of salads and running is gone. I don't know if I can blame the potatoes, but I can say that a day and a half didn't get any weight off at all.
    a day and a half could be water, hormones - do you usually expect loss in 36 hrs?

Deanna9101 is offline Junior Member
    I didnt lose any weight, but I feel leaner and my abs are coming back in after a realllllllllly stubborn bout of belly fat. I think I'll keep it up. The cravings are more due to my cycle I think at this point. I did have kind of a crappy workout yesterday. It was 5x5 deadlifts, pull ups and rows. I have been practicing my max kb snatches after this type of workout and I have been PRing each workout. But yesterday I was smoked after the lifting. I have been prepping them really simply and plain...I am going to do a big cook up tonight or tomorrow so I have some more quick mostly prepped choices and don't have to resort to the microwave baked potato. Is it ok to use tomato sauce on the potatoes? I see some have been using bbq sauce and things like that. Vinegar is out for me.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    a day and a half could be water, hormones - do you usually expect loss in 36 hrs?
    No, that's why I said I didn't blame the potatoes. Since most people had seen a loss after the first day, I hoped it might work as a once-a-week deal. But it doesn't.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I am breaking today. Will post some stats later, might be tomorrow before I can. Have a trail ride here at the house after while. Fixing some breakfast now. Couldn't decide what to eat. So I put some Coconut Oil in the skillet, and sliced me up some taters.....
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna9101 View Post
    I did have kind of a crappy workout yesterday. It was 5x5 deadlifts, pull ups and rows. I have been practicing my max kb snatches after this type of workout and I have been PRing each workout. But yesterday I was smoked after the lifting. Is it ok to use tomato sauce on the potatoes? I see some have been using bbq sauce and things like that. Vinegar is out for me.
    I would definitely say you don't want to be on a potato-driven fat-loss diet while PRing on heavy lifting--you need lots of nutrition/protein to repair and rebuild muscle. For you, if you ever do rest weeks, that would be the time to target fat-loss. I think a little tomato sauce or ketchup is fine as long as it is just a little! As in negligible calories, like 5-10 cals.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Have a trail ride here at the house after while.
    Have fun! Lucky you.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    What about frozen hash brown/shredded potatoes? That would make things a lot easier.

Page 33 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast