Page 33 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

Shop Now
    what oil is everyone using with the taters?

OK hi everyone!
    I have been following y'all from the beginning of the thread, and on Monday I started easing into the all tater fast. Here's how it kind of went down.
    Monday- a little chicken breast and potatoes all day, nothing else.
    Tuesday- all potatoes, then a small piece of roast with potatoes
    wed- all taters
    thurs- all taters
    fri- all taters, but caved into some banana and peanut butter and chicken at night.
    SO what do i do now?! I have been feeling pretty good...do I continue all potatoes from here, or did I mess it up too bad and go back to regular whole30 style of eating? Also, anyone with candida on here? From what I read it says no potatoes but my naturopath said ok to starchy veggies...and my stomach, energy, mood etc has been really good on potatoes. Help a sista out over here! PS- my boyfriend is shocked that I would try something like this as it's "against" my usual preaching...but is finding it entertaining.
    Thanks guys!

Well, all I know is a day and a half of potatoes, no oil, no fancy preparation didn't do anything. Any weight loss I had from a month of salads and running is gone. I don't know if I can blame the potatoes, but I can say that a day and a half didn't get any weight off at all.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Well, all I know is a day and a half of potatoes, no oil, no fancy preparation didn't do anything. Any weight loss I had from a month of salads and running is gone. I don't know if I can blame the potatoes, but I can say that a day and a half didn't get any weight off at all.
    a day and a half could be water, hormones - do you usually expect loss in 36 hrs?

I didnt lose any weight, but I feel leaner and my abs are coming back in after a realllllllllly stubborn bout of belly fat. I think I'll keep it up. The cravings are more due to my cycle I think at this point. I did have kind of a crappy workout yesterday. It was 5x5 deadlifts, pull ups and rows. I have been practicing my max kb snatches after this type of workout and I have been PRing each workout. But yesterday I was smoked after the lifting. I have been prepping them really simply and plain...I am going to do a big cook up tonight or tomorrow so I have some more quick mostly prepped choices and don't have to resort to the microwave baked potato. Is it ok to use tomato sauce on the potatoes? I see some have been using bbq sauce and things like that. Vinegar is out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    a day and a half could be water, hormones - do you usually expect loss in 36 hrs?
    No, that's why I said I didn't blame the potatoes. Since most people had seen a loss after the first day, I hoped it might work as a once-a-week deal. But it doesn't.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I am breaking today. Will post some stats later, might be tomorrow before I can. Have a trail ride here at the house after while. Fixing some breakfast now. Couldn't decide what to eat. So I put some Coconut Oil in the skillet, and sliced me up some taters.....
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna9101 View Post
    I did have kind of a crappy workout yesterday. It was 5x5 deadlifts, pull ups and rows. I have been practicing my max kb snatches after this type of workout and I have been PRing each workout. But yesterday I was smoked after the lifting. Is it ok to use tomato sauce on the potatoes? I see some have been using bbq sauce and things like that. Vinegar is out for me.
    I would definitely say you don't want to be on a potato-driven fat-loss diet while PRing on heavy lifting--you need lots of nutrition/protein to repair and rebuild muscle. For you, if you ever do rest weeks, that would be the time to target fat-loss. I think a little tomato sauce or ketchup is fine as long as it is just a little! As in negligible calories, like 5-10 cals.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Have a trail ride here at the house after while.
    Have fun! Lucky you.

What about frozen hash brown/shredded potatoes? That would make things a lot easier.

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    What about frozen hash brown/shredded potatoes? That would make things a lot easier.
    That's what I just had for breakfast! The ones I got came in a 1lbs 14oz package. Just right for 2 servings.