Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 32

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Can you imagine doing the one meal a day trick while on the potato diet?
    What I can see as a long-term strategy is IF'ing til noon everyday and having a single no-fat-added potato as first meal, then a hearty primal supper later on. I think I'm gonna do this for a while after my 14 day tater-fest is over.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    What I can see as a long-term strategy is IF'ing til noon everyday and having a single no-fat-added potato as first meal, then a hearty primal supper later on. I think I'm gonna do this for a while after my 14 day tater-fest is over.
    I was just thinking, if you fast and continue to exercise, you only break this hack even more. My only worry is that with insulin constantly up due to all the carbs, it might be hard to go the WHOLE day without getting hungry.

otzi Guest
    I was just thinking, if you fast and continue to exercise, you only break this hack even more. My only worry is that with insulin constantly up due to all the carbs, it might be hard to go the WHOLE day without getting hungry.
    I've done a few days fasting til noon and then one big potato. FBG was 85ish, 15 min after eating 130's, 1 hour after 110, 2 hours after 85ish again. I think that is the diagram of a well-regulated insulin system.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I dont take my blood sugars. Maybe I should so I know? Would I feel anything different & should be looking for signs of some sort? But I started to track my temp last night. In looking back through the thread, it seemed that the suggested time to take your temp was upon rising. Are there any other beneficial times? Like X number of minutes after a meal, or something?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    You're missing the point Otzi. I was posting an optional and slightly ridiculous method to enhance your results on the potato diet. 16 hour fast? Bah, go for broke! 20 or even 22 hours!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I dont take my blood sugars. Maybe I should so I know? Would I feel anything different & should be looking for signs of some sort? But I started to track my temp last night. In looking back through the thread, it seemed that the suggested time to take your temp was upon rising. Are there any other beneficial times? Like X number of minutes after a meal, or something?
    I'd only recommend doing it for fun.. I don't think you have anything to worry about on either blood sugar or temp. If you get a glucose tester, it's interesting to see how it changes throughout the day. I got one because my FBG was always around 100, kind of concerned me. I find that it is sometimes closer to 100 within an hour of waking, but drops to low 90's after 2 hours. After eating I have a textbook curve.

As for temps, they say a normal person should have the lowest temp of the day when waking and highest right before evening meal. Biggest thing that effects this is low thyroid.

Thise are about the only things you can check w/o going to doctor, I wish they had home testers for the good stuff like Vit D, sex hormones, cortisol, etc..

otzi Guest
    You're missing the point Otzi. I was posting an optional and slightly ridiculous method to enhance your results on the potato diet. 16 hour fast? Bah, go for broke! 20 or even 22 hours!
    Got ya!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I'd only recommend doing it for fun.. I don't think you have anything to worry about on either blood sugar or temp. If you get a glucose tester, it's interesting to see how it changes throughout the day. I got one because my FBG was always around 100, kind of concerned me. I find that it is sometimes closer to 100 within an hour of waking, but drops to low 90's after 2 hours. After eating I have a textbook curve.

As for temps, they say a normal person should have the lowest temp of the day when waking and highest right before evening meal. Biggest thing that effects this is low thyroid.

Thise are about the only things you can check w/o going to doctor, I wish they had home testers for the good stuff like Vit D, sex hormones, cortisol, etc..
    Thanks! I forgot to take my temp first thing, so it was about 2 hours after rising, and it has been going up throughout the day, so that's kewl to see. I am still not normal yet, but what's new haha. But it might be normal for me since I dont know what it usually is. I have noticed that I am not running as hot as I was on high fat. I even went to the doctor to make sure I wasnt menopausal or something.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Thanks! I forgot to take my temp first thing, so it was about 2 hours after rising, and it has been going up throughout the day, so that's kewl to see. I am still not normal yet, but what's new haha. But it might be normal for me since I dont know what it usually is. I have noticed that I am not running as hot as I was on high fat. I even went to the doctor to make sure I wasnt menopausal or something.
    It's normal for temp to rise throughout the day, just so you know. Typically your waking temperature is the lowest time. It'll rise through the morning, usually peaking after lunch, then dropping somewhat in the afternoon before rising again in the evening, then dropping slowly overnight while you sleep. This is for people with a 3-meal-a-day pattern; might be different for some.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I'll bet the make apps for these other things soon. They have apps for blood sugar, for blood pressure, for heart rate. It's only a matter of time for other blood tests. Maybe not all of them, but some of them for sure.

I think the one and a half days of potatoes maybe reset my appetite a little. I may try this once a week as a day and a half fast of sorts.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast