Primal Fuel
    Friday update on the potato fast:
    Potato Experiment Stats:
    10/8: 139.5
    10/9: 140.9
    10/10: 140.6
    10/11: 140.4
    10/12: 140.2

At the rate I'm going I'll hit my starting weight after one full week. Interesting if nothing else. But, I had the best run this morning. I am by no means a great runner -- my tachycardia tends to get in the way. However, my times were some of the best that I've had in well over a year, so perhaps this hasn't been in vain after all

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much. Still a little confused about the vinegar. Just sprinkle it over the potatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I baked all mine first. In foil in the oven. So they are ready to go for whatever.

I have shredded and dry fry
    I have smashed and added bone broth.
    Today, I shredded, dry fried, & topped with bone broth (my broth is EXTRA thick)
    I have added vinegar
    I have quartered and dipped in small amounts of ketchup, bbq sauce, mustard, ketchup&mustard, like a french fry. Sometimes cold out of the frig (remember I baked them all first)
    At some point, I will add onions and green peppers.
    One of my favs, is warm out of the oven. Just eat it.

After this, taters are staying in my diet. It might not be all taters, but I can see making a meal or snack here or there out of just a tater. That is what I use to do, while working out for hours every single day, and I was in the best shape of my life.
    Since you can add these other sauces does that mean the only thing to be avoided is fat?

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I felt fine. I wasn't in ketosis before, but I ate below 100g carbs certainly, and probably closer to around 60g. I had energy. I think coffee was affecting me too much.

I broke my fast with normal food last night. I only did this for one full day and one partial day. I don't measure any difference in my size. I didn't weigh myself, only measured my waist.

One thing I can tell you is that it may have been a stressor on me. When I broke my fast I felt like waking up, like color came back into the world, warmth, emotion and I felt human again rather than flat and cardboard. I've had this feeling many times before when I was backpacking for a couple months at a time. I'd come to town after 4 days of backpacking and the first meal of real food would be like waking up, seeing color in the world again. That's how I felt after only one and a half days of eating potatoes.
    I felt like that after having only two meals of eating potatoes, breakfast and lunch yesterday. I felt really blah, so I ate a normal supper. I've felt better after a fast than I felt yesterday, although I've felt kind of off all week - really low energy. I've woken up with a headache for the past two days and when that happens, I usually come down with a cold, so maybe my body is just off this week and need to try again.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I have exactly the same feeling when I REALLY don't eat enough for some reasons, and had the same feeling when my body slowly and slowly destroyed itself during my hypogonadal times (it became worse and worse of course).
    It's a feeling that is often associated with exagerated calories/nutrition restriction and I interpret it as my body telling me what I'm doing is not alright.
    It's called depression symptomed by the way, not that I think you have a depressed condition at all, but it's temporary depression that even people who suffer from hypoglycemia tend to experience from time to time.
    Same as hypothyroid symptoms and so on and so on.

Again, I'm 19, on TRT, and all my hormonal levels aren't optimal yet, with a delayed puberty that's speeding up big time now that I'm treated, so take what I say with a grain of salt, I know my condition is not "normal".

I'm glad people on this thread don't experience the same thing.
    You are only 19? Wow you sound so much more mature than that.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Since you can add these other sauces does that mean the only thing to be avoided is fat?
    Correct in that I did not add any extra fat. Even my condiments were minimal. I hadnt used ketchup or bbq sauce in many months so I used it sparingly and not every time. Vinegar was a seasoned vinegar but I love balsamic, I am just out of it. So vinegar use to taste.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I have some Balsamic, I'll just sprinkle until it tastes like enough. I like salt, maybe some with a coarser grind.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Day 5 of the Potato Project:

Here's the rundown on weight/days: I had 3ozs of red wine last night, and I believe that may have interfered with my weight loss. In any event, here are the stats:

Day 1
    Weight: 150

Day 2
    Weight 148
    - 2 lbs (over 24 hours)
    - 2 lbs (cumulatively)

Day 3
    Weight 146.8 (haven't seen this weight in 4 years!)
    - 1.2lbs (down over 24 hours)
    -3.2lbs (cumulatively)

Day 4
    Weight 146.2
    - 0.6 lbs (down over 24 hours)
    -3.8 lbs (cumulatively)

Day 5
    Weight 145.8
    - 0.40 lbs (down over 24 hours)
    -4.2 lbs (cumulatively)
    **had a glass of red wine which likely affected my weight loss for the day. Still averaging 1.2-1.4 lbs potatoes/daily + water + coffee. Feeling fine today...same energy levels, no issues/no problems.

Measurements: (Will take next measurements on Saturday Oct 13th pm)
    Starting Waist since beginning Paleo: 32"
    Current Waist: 27"

Starting Belly Button Waist since beginnig Paleo: 35"
    Current: Belly Button Waist: 30"

Starting Hips since beginning Paleo: 43"
    Current: Hips: 38"
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I am finding one remarkable thing for myself. I am not as hungry in between as I thought I might be coming off the fat train. I do wake up somewhat hungry, but it passes. I can still go for many hours after waking before I need to eat something. When I fast, I am counting down the hours/days and can not wait for it to be over. Even though I am not eating, I still find myself thinking about food a fair amount of time.

On the tater fast/feast or whatever this is, I do get busy and lose track of time. For example this morning, I wanted to wait to eat, and before I knew it, it was 10oclock. And then I wanted to take my temperature after breakfast (I started tracking last night) and got a litttle busy so when I went to get the thermometer, I realized it was already 1oclock.

So maybe it is because I am busier, or maybe it is because I know when I get hungry, I am going to eat a tater so I dont have to think about it. I dont have to think about should I eat this or this, and would this be too much fat, or too many calories, etc. I do my thing, I get hungry, I eat a tater, and move on.

So I am curious what this will mean for fasting, as I seem to fast better when I go into it from high fat/low carb. I just figured I wouldnt be able to. But I think I still can easy enough. That the increase of carbs will not adversely affect that. Now, since I am not already in ketosis when I hit my fast, it may take a bit longer for the the good benefits that fasting provides. But if the majority of my carbs are coming from taters, it might not be all that bad. And my carbs really are still not all that high, not like I thought they might be.

But also, I might not want to fast for weight loss purposes, with this trick in my bag.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I am finding one remarkable thing for myself. I am not as hungry in between as I thought I might be coming off the fat train. I do wake up somewhat hungry, but it passes. I can still go for many hours after waking before I need to eat something. When I fast, I am counting down the hours/days and can not wait for it to be over. Even though I am not eating, I still find myself thinking about food a fair amount of time.

On the tater fast/feast or whatever this is, I do get busy and lose track of time. For example this morning, I wanted to wait to eat, and before I knew it, it was 10oclock. And then I wanted to take my temperature after breakfast (I started tracking last night) and got a litttle busy so when I went to get the thermometer, I realized it was already 1oclock.

So maybe it is because I am busier, or maybe it is because I know when I get hungry, I am going to eat a tater so I dont have to think about it. I dont have to think about should I eat this or this, and would this be too much fat, or too many calories, etc. I do my thing, I get hungry, I eat a tater, and move on.

So I am curious what this will mean for fasting, as I seem to fast better when I go into it from high fat/low carb. I just figured I wouldnt be able to. But I think I still can easy enough. That the increase of carbs will not adversely affect that. Now, since I am not already in ketosis when I hit my fast, it may take a bit longer for the the good benefits that fasting provides. But if the majority of my carbs are coming from taters, it might not be all that bad. And my carbs really are still not all that high, not like I thought they might be.

But also, I might not want to fast for weight loss purposes, with this trick in my bag.
    Can you imagine doing the one meal a day trick while on the potato diet?

Page 31 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast