Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 3

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This is really interesting. We all have our own experiences. I like to hear all these individual findings rather than that of those who yell loudest. The best macronutrient ratios does get confusing. Looking forward to hearing more

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    A potato farmer done this experiment not long ago. I actually wouldn't mind living on potatoes providing I had a few different types and could also include some other non starchy vegetables.

60-day potato diet leaves advocate 21 lbs. lighter - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. Might have to try this for a few days (definitely couldn't last 2 weeks) when I hit my next plateau.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on reaching your GW nixxy.

I don't think I could last 2 wks either!

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Congrats on reaching your GW nixxy.

I don't think I could last 2 wks either!
    Thank you very much :3

I am mighty pleased about it. It's funny how a number can mean so much to you and literally the world around you keeps going like nothing at all has happened when inside you're flipping STOKED!!
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inesenite View Post
    Even if it was the superdiet and worked wonders, sounds very, very boring... I would probably not last more than a day on this.
    I know what you mean. If I were to go on this, I think after 3 days I'd go stark insane and eat 3 tubs of ice cream to erase the boredom. I can't think of a worse food than potatoes, good lord. I think I might do better with something with more flavor, like water and plain hard boiled eggs.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    One potato, two potato, three potato, 4.
    Got a little hungry so I had one moar!

And guess what?! Just one day of all taters, and the scale is down 2lbs!! So 3 days of food including taters, and 1 day of just taters = 5lbs!! Well, 4.9lbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    plain hard boiled eggs.
    I had a cousin back in the late 70's that did a boiled egg diet. She lost weight. And she was young then, so she kept it off for quite awhile.

I like taters, so this was the easiest thing I have done so far. I baked them in the morning, and when I got hungry, I didnt have to think about what to have and how to keep it all within my macros and calories.

I just ate the first two, I was hungry. Then next one was with bbq sauce, the next one was a little mustard and ketchup, and the last one I just ate.

The day before, I smashed them and used my bone broth like gravy. It is really thick, I ground the bones and veggies. Now that was yummy too!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    Yesterday I ate 4 baked potatoes and 2 shredded into hashbrowns, salt and vinegar. Down 1 pound this morning. 13 days to go!

On it's own, that statement doesn't say anything. But when I used to try the carb re-feeds, I would be up 4 or 5 pounds the first morning. We all called it 'water weight'. So why is eating just potatoes different? I really don't know.

Same kinda thing with IF'ing. I did a 42 hour fast, once a week, all summer. I'd stop eating at 6pm and not resume until noon two days later. This would leave me down about 7 pounds, which I would regain exactly over the next two days. We called this 'glycogen depletion'.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Same kinda thing with IF'ing. I did a 42 hour fast, once a week, all summer. I'd stop eating at 6pm and not resume until noon two days later. This would leave me down about 7 pounds, which I would regain exactly over the next two days. We called this 'glycogen depletion'.
    Oh geesh, was just typing about my fasts. I lose weight but gain most of it back. This time, I came off my fast and went right into a lower fat for 2 days including taters, and now followed by 2 days of taters. And I am still going down. I am curious how much will stay off, but I was just saying that I have lost more weight (whatever it is) more weight in the last 4 days than I have in the last 2.5-3 months! I am pumped! Hopefully my bubble won't burst but I am glad to be giving it a go.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Question for everyone: What does "CT" stand for?

Next: I'm starting my potato feast starting tonight for dinner (Sunday). It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and I just came back from my favourite farm with 10lbs of three varieties of potatoes.

I fasted for 36 hours prior to Saturday night and completed the fast with a large primal dinner. I've had a coffee with cream this morning and will begin the potato feast for dinner. I have a final 10lbs to lose to reach my HSISS goal weight (Hot Stuff in SwimSuit). I should probably rename this acronym to: HSIBSS: Hot Stuff in Bikini Swim Suit.

In addition to commencing the 7-day potato fast, I'm commencing a 21 day weight lifting & cardio programme that someone kindly posted a few days ago. My weights will consist of body weights and a few lighter hand weights. A herniated disc prevents me from lifting heavy.

The reason I'm in for 7 days is due to the fact that I'll be in a hotel on a seminar in the next 8 days, and won't be able to eat potatoes consistently (without being committed by my peers :-)

I'll be posting comments/thoughts on weight, measurements, emotions and ability to workout daily.

Thanks, Otzi, for posting this information and your experience with this weight loss 'tool'.

As a closing thought, I've never been big fan of potatoes but I like the idea of not having to think too hard about what to eat --- it's like going to school wearing uniforms --- you just get up in the morning, put your uniform on and go to school. I'll get up in the morning, eat my potatoes and continue eating potatoes when hungry. Since I'm not an emotional eater, I don't think I'll suffer with boredom --- but we'll see ! I love a good experiment for n=1.

Thanks, everyone, for posting your thoughts, comments: I'm looking forward to sharing in your experiences with this research project.

Best/Louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast