Page 24 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 24

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just eat a lot of liver and salmon when you are done. And maybe the days before the next time, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Just eat a lot of liver and salmon when you are done. And maybe the days before the next time, too.
    That's how I do it! I figure my body is really ready for some good food after a fast or a potato feast, so I plan really well for that first meal...usually includes good seafood, liver, hard cheese, kale, and bone broth.

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    I'm quite interested in how so many people are feeling satisfied on a mere half dozen taters a day though. I do quite a lot of exercise, and can say that I have been doing just as much on taters only, still teaching spin classes and kettlebells without any obvious energy loss, but I weighed out 2.5lbs of spuds yesterday, all looked good by mid afternoon, not hungry etc. Later I had to eat around another pound to fill up, so I am not very low cal at all, probably in the region of 14-1500 cals per day on average. Quite low I guess for my size and exercise regime, but still not super low.

Otzi ate 10lbs in 5 days, I am probably eating double that with ease.........just greedy perhaps.

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    Tried eating just potatoes to satiety yesterday. Pretty much the first time I've eaten any starch in 3 years. I eat only 1 meal a day.

I made two 1kg bags (4.4lbs total) thinking it would last me a few meals.

I ate it all in 1 meal. All 4.4lbs of it.

And I wasnt even stuffed. I stopped eating simply becos there was no more.

I guess it's way too easy for me to overeat them.

I boiled them, then tossed them in some sea salt, cumin, chilli flakes and parsley, and then served them up with lots of mustard.

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    I agree, I can overeat them really easily.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    I agree - after months of abstaining, what a good experiment!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
    I'm quite interested in how so many people are feeling satisfied on a mere half dozen taters a day though. I do quite a lot of exercise
    What are your normal macros? I am use to lower-ish cals w/high fat. And fasting, so maybe that is why? And I do not exercise anything like you do normally, although I have found more energy this last week or so

Quote Originally Posted by cyro_349 View Post
    I did find this - Hunter-Gatherer Macronutrient Ratios: More Data | Perfect Health Diet which is interesting (not sure if it has been mentioned on MDA before), though it is with modern hunter-gatherer diets it is still interesting.
    I don't think I had read that page before, but this link below was my lightbulb moment just last week. This is what made me go from high fat to low fat, and to include carbs - specifically taters. I did this for a couple of days but by Saturday, I was on the all tater train. I bought the book for my Kindle PC and loved it. It was easy for me to follow and understand, yet provided all the studies for those that wanted more in-depth information.

Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet

I am "Mel" at the bottom, where he told me specifically: I think omega-6 minimization is key so reducing fat and adding some carbs can help with that too.

He also later said to me (after I mentioned taking a few carbs out again for maintenance): I don’t think you want to take carbs out for maintenance. We’re trying to get you well nourished and there is an optimal amount of carbs which is the same on weight loss and maintenance diets. That’s our belief. But you will be able to add a bit of fat because you will no longer be restricting calories.

The post above mine he said: Starches are better for weight loss than sugars, so they’re the best source of carbs.I think you should strive to eat a pound of safe starches per day, preferably as white potatoes and sweet potatoes rather than rice, but rice is very convenient.

Now the pound per day he is talking about is along with other foods.

I havent weighed yet today, I had a slight gain yesterday morning, but since I made the switch last week to low fat/more carbs including taters then to all taters, I have lost over 5lbs. I lost .8 pounds in ALL of September, following the MOAR fat path, so that is worse than I thought. I knew it was under two pounds, but I thought 1.8
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    I ate 4lb
    All right, Cheffy ---- I'll have to nominate you, as well. Is that A Guinness Book record?
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Stoked this morning. Day 4 of the Potato Project:

Here's the rundown on weight/days:

Day 1
    Weight: 150

Day 2
    Weight 148
    - 2 lbs (over 24 hours)
    - 2 lbs (cumulatively)

Day 3
    Weight 146.8 (haven't seen this weight in 4 years!)
    - 1.2lbs (down over 24 hours)
    -3.2lbs (cumulatively)

Day 4
    Weight 146.2
    - 0.6 lbs (down over 24 hours)
    -3.8 lbs (cumulatively)

I am eating between 1.2 - 1.3 lbs of potatoes per day. Nothing else except black coffee in the am and water throughout the day. Two meals a day of potatoes: 11am & 4:30pm.

Measurements:
    Starting Waist since beginning Paleo: 32"
    Current Waist: 27"

Starting Belly Button Waist since beginnig Paleo: 35"
    Current: Belly Button Waist: 30"

Starting Hips since beginning Paleo: 43"
    Current: Hips: 38"

Another Potato Project Day -- Take no prisoners! /Lu
    Last edited by Louisa655; 10-11-2012 at 08:02 AM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I ate 6 average-sized potatoes yesterday. I should have saved the receipt so I could see exactly how much that was, but if I recall from memory, two potatoes was about 3/4lb so I ate 2.25lbs of potatoes throughout the day. I am very hungry this morning.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 24 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast