Page 19 of 109 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 19

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    LOL, u go girl

Big Bobcat is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    I Just gotta comment cause I saw your name and where you were located.............GO BOBCATS
    YES!!! Proud MSU grad here. Live in Helena now. GO CATS!!

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member
    I am seriously thinking I'll give this a try. While doing Primal for the past 20 months I've been eating primal but just until I felt full. Would that be the same eating plan for the potato diet - just eat 'em till I feel full? Is it ok to eat the skin too? I've noticed that some people are using beef broth for added flavor, could that interfere with good results? I'd love to hear some ideas about the variety of ways a potato can be used. I'm living with my adult kids while recovering from a broken leg. We all cook for ourselves, they, not being at all primal. However, they do notice . . . and comment on what I eat. A week of potatoes will cause talk. One of them is seriously carb addicted. The more I know about how to prepare and store the potatoes I will require the better. I'd rather not draw attention. I do have both a small fridge and microwave at work but use it just for reheating. Cooking potatoes isn't a great library smell. Finally, after the week or 10 days, I'll have to ease back into regular low carb eating. What's the best way to do this without gas or tummy troubles. Speaking of . . . what about bowel habits? Any changes?

Thanks. Going to work every day and the ladies room being "not all that close" and me not being able to run yet, I don't want to deal with "emergencies".

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I find if I eat just potatoes until I'm full, I end up eating about 50-60% of what I normally eat. After a few days, hunger isn't an issue. I generally eat the skin. I think the bone broth 'gravy' is an excellent idea. Very few calories, almost no fat, good flavor, and potatoes tend to be dry.

I maybe get a little gassy at first and that goes away as your intestines get used to the starch. Bowel movements change a little, but never to the point of constipation or diarhea.

Good luck!
    Smashed taters w/bone broth gravy was my lunch today. Nom Nom Nom. My bone broth is thick. Chicken bones that I slow cook for 24 hours so the bones are nice and soft so I just grind it all up. Fat removed.

My calories are anywhere from 395 - 687 per day.

BM department not so hot. One amazing day and one not so hot, with a day or two of Zero in between. But, I am not eating that much either I guess.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Do you realize that 400 calories in a day is called starvation diet and is often seen in cases of anorexia nervosa ?
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

I love to be able to add some bone broth, sort of "juicy" stuff up but I don't want it to interfere with the good results I hope to get.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 10-10-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Do you realize that 400 calories in a day is called starvation diet and is often seen in cases of anorexia nervosa ?
    Not when I have plenty of fat reserves to live on. I eat less than that when I am fasting. A few days here & there is not going to hurt me, and some people can fast even longer if they have enough fat to live on. My calories probably work themselves out over a period of time.

Here it talks about a 365+ days fast How Fasting Aids Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple

This guy was a 75 day fast.
    Last edited by gopintos; 10-10-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    In a way, calorie restriction is worst than a fast.
    It doesn't matter if you "plenty of fat store", your body will trigger hormonal responses to this eating behavior.
    It's just worst for your vital pronostic if you're too skinny.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    In a way, calorie restriction is worst than a fast.
    Sometimes when I fast, I do try to avoid the hacks of like under 500 calories a day, or you can eat this and this because I agree that sometimes that is worse than just not eating at all and having an absolute fast instead. At least as far as my hunger is concerned.

But I really do not like absolute water fasts. However I do okay with bone broth and kraut ones for a few days. I have never been able to go past 48 hours. However, this "tater fast" satiates me. It is the whole eat when hungry, stop when full thing. I am just getting full on less.

I know it is not the same benefits of a water fast, but for weight loss, it seems to be fine.
    Last edited by gopintos; 10-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Page 19 of 109 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast