Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 16

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by msfish View Post
    Just completed my second day of spuds. First day was only taters, today I added some rice in. I cannot seem to get satiated. I eat several potatoes feel full then an hour or so later I am hungry. If I do not eat I get cold and tend to have low motivation. The added rice seem to help with the feeling of satiation, but I feel like I am eating a lot. The first day I had 3.5# and today more like 2.5# plus rice. The biggest issue is I feel bloated! Anyone else have this problem?

I am not wieghing, just going off of feel with clothes. It is more of n=1 for me as I never allow for carb refeeds.
    Yes, I felt puffy yesterday. But this morning, my Buddha belly is smaller.

cheffy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msfish View Post
    Just completed my second day of spuds. First day was only taters, today I added some rice in. I cannot seem to get satiated. I eat several potatoes feel full then an hour or so later I am hungry. If I do not eat I get cold and tend to have low motivation. The added rice seem to help with the feeling of satiation, but I feel like I am eating a lot. The first day I had 3.5# and today more like 2.5# plus rice. The biggest issue is I feel bloated! Anyone else have this problem?

I am not wieghing, just going off of feel with clothes. It is more of n=1 for me as I never allow for carb refeeds.
    Felt the same way..

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm UP another .3kg, so .5kg gain after 2 days of taters and some rice. Reasons - I can eat a lot - rice is the killer I think, so back to just the spuds. I am going to set my limit and see how it goes. I am sure I am just overeating :-)

aakash is offline Junior Member
    It is boring, it's no way to live forever. Just a way to burn fat. What I find easy about it, you are focused on eating 1 thing and you don't end up eating a handful of almonds, a piece of chocolate (or 5), and extra egg, you get the gist. It's a time to eat to survive and get rid of fat. It works.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    these trials are fascinating.
    who would have thought with white food!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aakash View Post
    It's a time to eat to survive
    Yal I caught part of some Alaska show. The guy ran out of meat, harsh winter I guess, anyways all he had left was some kind of fish, day after day. When the weather broke a little, he snowshoed to a neighbor and traded for a pigeon.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Stoked this morning. Day 4 of the Potato Project and down another 1.2 lbs.

Here's the rundown on weight/days:

Day 1
    Weight: 150

Day 2
    Weight 148
    - 2 lbs (over 24 hours)
    - 2 lbs (cumulatively)

Day 3
    Weight 146.8 (haven't seen this weight in 4 years!)
    - 1.2lbs (down over 24 hours)
    -3.2lbs (cumulatively)

Measurements:
    Starting Waist since beginning Paleo: 32"
    Current Waist: 27"

Starting Belly Button Waist since beginnig Paleo: 35"
    Current: Belly Button Waist: 30"

Starting Hips since beginning Paleo: 43"
    Current: Hips: 38"

Another Tater Day! I'm stoked! /Lou
    Last edited by Louisa655; 10-10-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Damn, Louisa. That's amazing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Damn, Louisa. That's amazing.
    SBHikes: Thanks. I've been thinking about your posting yesterday or the day before and, I may be wrong, but I feel that you maybe frustrated with this plateau that you have hit. I was a little frustrated with the plateau that I hit, as well.

The few potatoes you have purchased to 'try' this potato experiment isn't going to last you much more than 1 or 2 meals, at best. If you are feeling dedicated and you want to bust through the plateau, consider going out and hauling home 10lbs of potatoes and committing to this for the next 7-10 days. And really commit to it. Nothing else passes through the gateway (your lips), except a bit of coffee, tea, water or potatoes. Just try it and see what happens. I don't have much energy for working out -- but this is simply a 'fat buster' for me. I'll increase my intake after the Potato Project and hit the weights and resume the walking.

On a side note, I don't really care for potatoes -- never have. That's likely why I'm running at such a high deficit daily. I'm keeping this simple because potatoes don't taste good no matter what way I prepare them. So, mash 'em up, throw some beef broth over the top and dig in. The end. Nothing else passes through this mouth.

My husband is watching with interest and humour. My husband, who is a medical professional, is astounded at the results, and is 'on board' with anything that medically makes sense and produces satisfactory, or better, results. He has asked me to speak with his sister who massively struggles with weight.

Give it a try. This is a very supportive group here.

/louisa
    Last edited by Louisa655; 10-10-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    I am on track now with the spuds, no more than 3 lbs for the day, and no rice.

Although I have added .5kg over the last couple of days, I expect to see that drop and some fat loss ensue. I have noticed that on this, Day 3, I am a lot less hungry so less inclined to stuff myself on taters

Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast