Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh? page 15

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    Finally! Someone said it! Monotonous diets are fairly easy to stick to.
    I remember a few years ago making the comment that somebody needs to invent "People Chow". I would love to be able to buy a 50 pound bag of something crunchy that would have the perfect blend of vitamins and C-F-P that I could eat a couple bowls full a day and be guaranteed weightloss and health. They offer this for pets, why not people?

I find that when I commit to just potatoes, everything else is out of the question. It is so easy to justify that other half an avocado or that extra handful of almonds in day-to-day eating.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Stayed tuned next week for another exciting episode of How the Spud Turns.

The Spuds and the Restless.

Days of our Spuds

The Spuds and the Beautiful
    Or if you live here in Australia 'Spud and Away'.

I'm reading slght weight gains or no weight loss. What is going on? I'm not sure I can get through the rest of my day without getting further updates. I'm loving the experiments with oil and white rice and even sweet potato (which Otzi said a big NO NO NO to early on). I want to do this just for the hell of it. But my tummy says no the The Spud.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Or if you live here in Australia 'Spud and Away'.

I'm reading slght weight gains or no weight loss. What is going on? I'm not sure I can get through the rest of my day without getting further updates. I'm loving the experiments with oil and white rice and even sweet potato (which Otzi said a big NO NO NO to early on). I want to do this just for the hell of it. But my tummy says no the The Spud.
    i am down 2lbs on day 2
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    I'm reading slght weight gains or no weight loss. What is going on?
    I dont know but my n=1 is that I seem to do okay and still lose on carbs. I was losing on fairly high carbs by primal curve standards. Over 200 but net was about 180 but I dont think Mark deals in Net so I was over the curve for maintenance and into the zone for "steady and insidious weight gain" but yet I lost the majority of my weight that way.

So I guess where I am going with this, is that ppl react different and have different experiences. For me, the low carb high fat, you know... ketosis that works wonders for other ppl, was just not working for me. Well it worked, but not as well as when I completely flipped the two. I gave it a fair shot. 7 months is a fair shot - to the point of definition insanity.

I hope you have better results but maybe it just doesnt work for everyone? IDK
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

Day 3 results on the Potato Project - down 2 lbs

Overall, Day 3 was a good day.

I'm consuming approx 1.5 lbs of potatoes per day, divided between two meals: brunch and dinner. I'm not making anything elaborate. Dinner is smashed potatoes with beef broth and brunch is 3-4 potato pancakes (Latkis). I'm also having 1 coffee in the morning.

Total calories is very low and it's likely why I have little energy tonight --- therefore no walk for me tonight. I'm going to bed and tomorrow is another day. I weigh myself on a medical scale and take body measurements in the morning as that's when I feel the leanest.

Not much else to report. It's easy to eat potatoes, albeit a bit boring, but the meal planning is easy.

I hope to blast through this last 8 lbs of fat that's been hanging onto my midriff. From here, I'm moving towards more exercise/weights to get really cut.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Spud on!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    I started this yesterday using both rice and potatoes. Had hellacious heartburn all day....not so bad today but it's early. I weighed first thing and am down 3.5 lbs. Today I'm in the bathroom constantly so it looks like water weight is coming off primarily these first couple days. The boredom is easy....it's nice not to worry about what to cook. And it's easy to stop when I'm full simply because it's boring.

cheffy is offline Member
    Although I already quit the tater feast, I thought I'd mention that after 2 days of nothng but starch, my hunger has certainly lowered. Normally I could eat forever (and felt the same way eating potatoes) but it seems the pure starch refeed has at least helped that a bit. I might restart tomorrow with a little less taters.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I will do one day, maybe two, of potatoes starting tomorrow. I don't expect much. Just wanted to see what it's like. I bought two of everything: Two russet, two red, two Yukon gold, two purple and two white potatoes. I plan to simply nuke them and put salt and pepper, mustard or vinegar on them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

beckie is offline Member
    I just finished logging all of my food for the day. Looking at my logs for yesterday and today, I'm eating 2-2.5lbs of plain potatoes (with splash of ACV) plus some rice. The calorie totals are in 1300-1500 range. This is what I typically shoot for on a daily basis so this isn't a huge deficit for me. So, I'm honestly not expecting to see a drop in the scale tomorrow morning.

To see some scale movement, should I try to reduce the calorie totals for tomorrow?

msfish is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just completed my second day of spuds. First day was only taters, today I added some rice in. I cannot seem to get satiated. I eat several potatoes feel full then an hour or so later I am hungry. If I do not eat I get cold and tend to have low motivation. The added rice seem to help with the feeling of satiation, but I feel like I am eating a lot. The first day I had 3.5# and today more like 2.5# plus rice. The biggest issue is I feel bloated! Anyone else have this problem?

I am not wieghing, just going off of feel with clothes. It is more of n=1 for me as I never allow for carb refeeds.

Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast